Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Mongo and MacReady have the same hat...and now I will never unsee it.
By CrossedPete
Haha I’m just as crazy as everyone else. I love it it’s hard though cause some of my sub collections are staring to have their own sub collections. My Wife hates it

At the beginning of Covid I reorganized my records just alphabetical. Didn’t matter genre/ost /video game. It didn’t matter. And I hated it lol I almost found it harder to find things.
By havershaw
My problem is that as different sections expand, I have to rearrange so I can keep genres together.

The exotica section has expanded so quickly that I have to do another reorganizing this weekend, again. I’m hoping this reorganizing will also lead to me thinning the herd a little. I really think I could stand to have a little more room on the shelves.
By 334578rpm
Took a gamble buying from a new Discogs seller without any feedback. Had these listed as sleeve: generic and media: g/g+, but had comments saying they play great.
After a good cleaning, they're both a solid vg+ with just a few light scratches, sleeves are in decent shape, and the price was right.
Attachments
PXL_20210406_022401492.jpg
PXL_20210406_022401492.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1867 times
By Hatter313
334578rpm wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 am Took a gamble buying from a new Discogs seller without any feedback. Had these listed as sleeve: generic and media: g/g+, but had comments saying they play great.
After a good cleaning, they're both a solid vg+ with just a few light scratches, sleeves are in decent shape, and the price was right.

Spectacular duo, well done!
By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 am Took a gamble buying from a new Discogs seller without any feedback. Had these listed as sleeve: generic and media: g/g+, but had comments saying they play great.
You must have scooped them up pretty quick. I have both on my wishlist and haven't seen any new listings in weeks. Sounds like a good pick up
By 334578rpm
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:17 am
You must have scooped them up pretty quick. I have both on my wishlist and haven't seen any new listings in weeks. Sounds like a good pick up
Yeah it was one of those where I just happened to load the Items for Sale in my Want List page and they were both right there at the top.
Only thought about it for a minute before pulling the trigger.
The Comparison Corner convinced me I needed to upgrade from the WW versions.
By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:04 pm
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:17 am
Yeah it was one of those where I just happened to load the Items for Sale in my Want List page and they were both right there at the top.
Only thought about it for a minute before pulling the trigger.
The Comparison Corner convinced me I needed to upgrade from the WW versions.
That's awesome. Comparison corner is the reason I still don't have copies of these as I just want VS versions. I should have bought the copy of NOTLD that was $60 last year on ebay that sat for ever. Really regret that now.
By Hatter313
Sealed, brand spanking new. Minty damn fresh.
36EB45D0-C8FB-4EB6-9F20-8C7D07EB7644.jpeg
36EB45D0-C8FB-4EB6-9F20-8C7D07EB7644.jpeg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 1798 times
Took a chance and ordered from Europe, seller in Paris. Got here faster than most domestic shipments these days and not to dear on the shipping or the price. It’s a revelation listening to one of these old VS records as the very first play. The fidelity is out of control good.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:15 pm I need to find that one. VS has cost me a pretty penny lately but I'm very excited to have the few on their way.

Yeah man, there’s a few ones I really want for decent prices right now but I need to hold off. Work is in a slow period right now and while next month is going to be a goldmine for me, I’m barely making hours right now so I’ve got to chill.

There was one for a great price on eBay but the seller wasn’t active and no matter how many offers I made or attempts to buy it now it wouldn’t go through. Then one day I get an email from eBay with an offer from him, I go on and it’s sold for a dollar over asking...all very strange. I held off on the other one for a c note and finally saw this one from France with reasonable shipping. I am super wary of records from overseas these days but it came quick and packaged expertly.
By Hatter313
I think ScoJo remarked recently that the score is so much more than you’d expect from the film, it really is a gorgeous work from him.
By CrossedPete
Yeah I would agree with that statement. I have 3 of his scores silver bullet, Maniac and Maniac Cop. I would love to get more but I’m not too sure how many others were released on vinyl. I believe he did some music for one of the Star Trek series that might be on vinyl and possibly it might be a VS release if I’m thinking correctly

Edit: just looked and there is no such Star Trek release from Chattaway on vinyl. Also he did the score to Maniac cop 2 and not the original ....my bad. But I did find a couple other VS releases that seem fairly priced
By havershaw
I had Maniac Cop 2 on cassette back in the day. I probably still have it stashed away somewhere.

I got lucky and found Silver Bullet cheap at one of my local stores a couple of years ago. Great score!
By inksb
Another one I've been after has been obtained and for a reasonable price. I actually was bidding on it two weeks ago. Lost the auction, the seller offered me a "second chance" sale saying he had a second copy sealed that he would sell me for the price that the auction ended at which was $40. I passed, he then put it up for Buy It Now at $40, I didn't bother with it, he then put it up for auction this past week and I ended up winning it for $30.01 :)

Now if only that Dawn of the Dead for $150 would take my lowball offer lol
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:31 pm Another one I've been after has been obtained and for a reasonable price. I actually was bidding on it two weeks ago. Lost the auction, the seller offered me a "second chance" sale saying he had a second copy sealed that he would sell me for the price that the auction ended at which was $40. I passed, he then put it up for Buy It Now at $40, I didn't bother with it, he then put it up for auction this past week and I ended up winning it for $30.01 :)

@ink, my apologies for pushing it up to $30 :)
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:14 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:31 pm Another one I've been after has been obtained and for a reasonable price. I actually was bidding on it two weeks ago. Lost the auction, the seller offered me a "second chance" sale saying he had a second copy sealed that he would sell me for the price that the auction ended at which was $40. I passed, he then put it up for Buy It Now at $40, I didn't bother with it, he then put it up for auction this past week and I ended up winning it for $30.01 :)

I'm sorry @tim! I thought you got a copy a few weeks ago for some reason. I wasn't going over $30 either but was put that penny in there just incase some one did a round $30

I feel like we are all fighting ourselves on here with these ebay auctions
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:55 pm
tim28212 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:14 pm

I'm sorry @tim! I thought you got a copy a few weeks ago for some reason. I wasn't going over $30 either but was put that penny in there just incase some one did a round $30

I feel like we are all fighting ourselves on here with these ebay auctions
No worries at all! To be honest I was bidding begrudgingly because I really didn't need to spend the money. I'm very happy knowing it went to someone here in the STBC family. :)
By Hatter313
Ok, lets have it, which one of you just sniped the howling. :D (no hard feelings, I just spent stupid money on something else and was slightly relieved haha)