Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Well thanks guys. I ordered Tangerine Dream's Wavelength. I have The Fly and Starman in my cart. Waiting to hear back on an offer for Escape From NY. I love and hate you all...
By ChrisMcQueen007
@ScoJo: Great idea - VS deserves its own thread.

@Inks: All four of them would/will be excellent additions to your collection. Escape is expensive nowerdays (all Carpenter Varese are), I finally bought one last year but I for sure didn’t regret it.

@Bez: A new challenge now after you‘re soon done with the JCVD one - go for it!
By tim28212
I did a mail order of 4 from an ad in The Twilight Zone magazine. This was around 1980 or 1981. If I remember correctly they were

Piranha
Dawn Of The Dead
Themes From Classic Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films
the Island
By CrossedPete
Good call @Scojo. I look forward to the odyssey

@inks like you this convo and seeing all the pics sparked a scratch that I couldn’t help but itch. I ordered Silver Bullet and 10 to Midnight before bed last night. I’ll post when they show up.

I’ve been looking up VS catalog seeing which ones are absolute musts. But seeing some of the collections man there’s so much more than I thought.

Here’s a couple questions for everyone. What are your top 5 Grails? And or what your top 5 sleepers? The ones that won’t break the bank. I’ll start it off.

Grails
1. Videodrome
2. Evil Dead 2
3. Prince of Darkness
4. NOES (1-5)
5. Poltergeist III
By Hatter313
I just went on a binge at my local so you can add 52 pick up to my pile. There’s some stuff coming in the mail I’ll post about once they get here but I’ve added some more to my initial list haha.

My number 1 that I own is NOTLD

number 1 want to own is a tie between Phantasm and Evil Dead, I’d love the carpenters if I came across them at a decent price I’d jump on them.

red Sonja, nightflyers, sword and the sorcerer, forbidden zone, the company of wolves , and the hidden are my off the beaten path wants
By tim28212
Sleepers:
1: Down Twisted - Berlin Game
2: Witness - Maurice Jarre
3: Crawlspace - Pino Donaggio
4: Careful He Might Hear You - Ray Cook
5: The 4th Man - Loek Dikker

of course, one should try to always sample before buying, opinions vary :)
By ScoJo
I have a question about Nightflyers, since I'm seeing in a couple of collections/wantlists. If you'll pardon my bluntness... what's the deal? I recently watched the film (which was awful!) and the score was pretty janky. Is there a love angle Im missing on this one? Is it because of the George RR source material, or the composer has some cred?

Appreciate thoughts! :)
By inksb
Any one who wants a copy of Re-Animator in the US I noticed a copy for $80 up on discogs which is the cheapest I've seen it listed in a while. I offered them $50 but got shot down :(

(I posted this in the wrong thread a few minutes ago)
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:24 pm I have a question about Nightflyers, since I'm seeing in a couple of collections/wantlists. If you'll pardon my bluntness... what's the deal? I recently watched the film (which was awful!) and the score was pretty janky. Is there a love angle Im missing on this one? Is it because of the George RR source material, or the composer has some cred?

Appreciate thoughts! :)
Honestly, no fooling, I like the cover haha. And the source novella is one of my favorite pieces of sci fi ever. It’s the sort of thing where I like the IP maybe a shade more than it deserves haha.
By inksb
static14 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:27 pm @inks go back with a fake mustache and offer $60.
If only I could! One thing that discogs needs to change is the make an offer option, it should allow negotiating like ebay. Once they deny the offer you can no longer make offer's. It's a dumb system.
By Bub
So I see I'm not the only one that ordered some VS stuff last night :)

My VS grail is The Evil Dead. A few years ago, I actually bagged one at a good price (not Tim $50 good haha) & checked out. The seller then canceled my order & I later saw one sell on Ebay the following day with the same description, for a slightly higher price. Man I was pissed & still am when I think back on it.

Sleepers (in no order)
1. Jake Speed - Mark Snow ‎
2. The Believers - J. Peter Robinson
3. Certain Fury - Bill Payne, Russ Kunkel And George Massenburg
4. Gorky Park - James Horner
5. Apology - Maurice Jarre ‎
By Mateo Sanboval
Gorky Park is so good, Bub. I love that score and do not own a copy anymore. I should do something about that.
By Hatter313
I can’t wait for the next few weeks while we watch the fallout of last nights barrage show up in the latest purchases thread haha
By Hatter313
So who sees the sealed evil dead that ls sitting on eBay for $435

I have to assume at least one of you is in that 40 watchers.

Insane
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:55 pm Gorky Park is so good, Bub. I love that score and do not own a copy anymore. I should do something about that.
Ok now I’m going crazy because it occurred to me that I definitely had this record but it’s not where it should be. I’m starting to wonder if I actually didnt ever grab it and I’ve just seen it in the wild so many times that I’m getting confused. Not an entirely unknown event for me, lemme tell ya
By Bub
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:55 pm Gorky Park is so good, Bub. I love that score and do not own a copy anymore. I should do something about that.
Yessir it is! Get on it. Some reasonably priced copies out there.

Hatter313 wrote:I can’t wait for the next few weeks while we watch the fallout of last nights barrage show up in the latest purchases thread haha

Ha same here. I pulled the trigger on some stuff I had sitting in cart.

Hatter313 wrote:So who sees the sealed evil dead that ls sitting on eBay for $435

I have to assume at least one of you is in that 40 watchers.

Insane
Yeah that's nuts. I looked back on my emails from that purchase & my copy would've been $124 :(
By Hatter313
Ugh dude i hate that. i reported one of the big book resellers on eBay for that a few years ago. They did it twice to me and after i reported they blocked me haha, which is god because i never want to accidentally do business with them again. They clearly didn't know what they had, and had a fairly rareish book for about 2/3 of what it usually went for. after a week of them not shipping it, i sent them an email and they said it must have gotten lost in the mail, refunded, five minutes later it goes back up form the same seller at the usual price.

Happened twice, same author too, and their feedback was FILLED with review of them pulling the same thing.