Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By CrossedPete
tim28212 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:25 pm
static14 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:39 pm This arrived today by way of a very slow boat from Greece.
definitely glad I help off on the Waxwork reissue. :)
I have the WW reissue I’ve never noticed anything wrong with it. Is it supposed to be a bad pressing? I don’t recall was it remixed/remastered? Or is this another case of a OG VS just sounding better than a reissue. In any case I’ve got to give my copy another spin.
By tim28212
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:03 am
static14 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:39 pm This arrived today by way of a very slow boat from Greece.
I have the WW reissue I’ve never noticed anything wrong with it. Is it supposed to be a bad pressing? I don’t recall was it remixed/remastered? Or is this another case of a OG VS just sounding better than a reissue. In any case I’ve got to give my copy another spin.
Just the fact that it's an VS OG. :)
By CrossedPete
tim28212 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:56 pm

Yeah that makes sense. It’s kinda funny how my collecting habits have changed. I can remember a few years ago seeing an OG VS Pet Sematary at my local record store and passing it by because I wanted the Mondo version, at the time I was way into all of the boutique labels. I wish I can go back and grab that one especially seeing the prices lately. I still don’t have a copy but know I’m holding off til I find another VS copy :)
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:39 pm
tim28212 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:56 pm

Yeah that makes sense. It’s kinda funny how my collecting habits have changed. I can remember a few years ago seeing an OG VS Pet Sematary at my local record store and passing it by because I wanted the Mondo version, at the time I was way into all of the boutique labels. I wish I can go back and grab that one especially seeing the prices lately. I still don’t have a copy but know I’m holding off til I find another VS copy :)
I've had a similar shift over the last 2 years or so. i left an EFNY, Zombi, and at least one other title i can't recall at my locals old location 7 years ago because i had the DW of EFNY(without realizing the drastic differences in the mix) and didn't have the funds to do the others. I figured with all the reissues coming out i'd be just as well served by these flashy new things without having to spend the cash on these dusty old slabs.

Blinded by the wax i suppose, now its OG all day. i'll gladly pick up a boutique label's offerings if its expanded or i like the art, or if its a real hard to find grail otherwise etc....few and far between these days...but the og quest is where its at these days.
By CrossedPete
These came in today I’m pretty pumped for the Body Bags CD and I saw @scojo spinning Invitation au Voyage a while ago, streamed a few tracks and decided to check it out.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.77 MiB) Viewed 2383 times
By Hatter313
Body bags is awesome, my POD came Monday but I haven’t spun it, the howling is lost in the mail right now but should get here soon. Fingers crossed
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:48 am Body bags is awesome, my POD came Monday but I haven’t spun it, the howling is lost in the mail right now but should get here soon. Fingers crossed
Hopefully you get that howling sorted out:). I made an offer on a copy a week ago now the seller has sent me a counter offer so I might have a copy coming my way. The problem is I have another offer on the table that I might be a little more interested in. It’s starting to feel like a sitcom and I have 2 dates for the dance not sure what I’m going to do.
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:35 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:48 am Body bags is awesome, my POD came Monday but I haven’t spun it, the howling is lost in the mail right now but should get here soon. Fingers crossed
Hopefully you get that howling sorted out:). I made an offer on a copy a week ago now the seller has sent me a counter offer so I might have a copy coming my way. The problem is I have another offer on the table that I might be a little more interested in. It’s starting to feel like a sitcom and I have 2 dates for the dance not sure what I’m going to do.
USPS mis delivered it a town away on Monday...and somehow there isn't an easy fix for this so even though it was less than a mile from my house (technically it was only a village away, both where i live and this post office are actually in the same "town" the way we do things here). it was supposed to go back to the district center and then back out, but the tracking went dark and woke up this morning and its in new jersey for some reason now. hopefully it rebounds back on track and get's here Monday or Tuesday.
By inksb
Martin arrived incredibly fast. Jacket has a touch of water damage on bottom right corner but actually blends in week with the grey image. Record looks to be in great condition except a scratch on side 2 that I'm hoping doesn't effect playback. I haven't had a chance to spin, been on the couch all day with side effects from covid shot #2

By static14
Dawn of The Dead arrived today... in the box from a digital bathroom scale. with one strip of those air bubble things amazon throws in all their packages. thankfully it didn't get banged around or warped or anything. that would have really stunk.

it should be against ebay rules to mail records like that.
By Hatter313
static14 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:59 pm Dawn of The Dead arrived today... in the box from a digital bathroom scale. with one strip of those air bubble things amazon throws in all their packages. thankfully it didn't get banged around or warped or anything. that would have really stunk.

Ugh, glad to hear its ok though! How can you sell someone something for a decent chunk of change and ship it like that? You obviously did enough research to realize it was worth money, have some respect for your customers. Also I don’t know a single record person who doesn’t have at least three or four mailers lying around waiting to go to the recycling bin (read 8-10). Honestly the only reason I’m not super worried about my howling and it’s tour of the northeast right now (it seems back on track finally) is because I got it from a discogs seller who clearly knows what he is doing.
By static14
One very positive thing when it comes to usps issues is that the senate finally approved Biden’s 3 new picks for the postal board, so Dejoy’s days should be numbered.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:05 pm
static14 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:59 pm Dawn of The Dead arrived today... in the box from a digital bathroom scale. with one strip of those air bubble things amazon throws in all their packages. thankfully it didn't get banged around or warped or anything. that would have really stunk.

Ugh, glad to hear its ok though! How can you sell someone something for a decent chunk of change and ship it like that? You obviously did enough research to realize it was worth money, have some respect for your customers. Also I don’t know a single record person who doesn’t have at least three or four mailers lying around waiting to go to the recycling bin (read 8-10). Honestly the only reason I’m not super worried about my howling and it’s tour of the northeast right now (it seems back on track finally) is because I got it from a discogs seller who clearly knows what he is doing.

The person @static got that from does not sell records normally. Looking at his current stuff for sale and sale history it's mostly junk. He just have just stumbled on that record.

Some good news today, I put in an offer 4 days ago on an Evil Dead 2. Didn't think the seller was gonna accept it as it was going to expire this afternoon and he accepted it. Little more than I wanted to pay but they don't seem to pop up all that often or at very cheap prices
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:35 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:05 pm

The person @static got that from does not sell records normally. Looking at his current stuff for sale and sale history it's mostly junk. He just have just stumbled on that record.

Some good news today, I put in an offer 4 days ago on an Evil Dead 2. Didn't think the seller was gonna accept it as it was going to expire this afternoon and he accepted it. Little more than I wanted to pay but they don't seem to pop up all that often or at very cheap prices
Hell yeah dude! I have the TER version and it’s awesome. ED2 is my favorite horror movie, the score is so much fun. As one of our old friends on here used to say

Essential
By tim28212

I had a record shipped to me from England in bubble wrap and a black trash bag. :(
By Hatter313
tim28212 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:09 pm

I had a record shipped to me from England in bubble wrap and a black trash bag. :(
Yo can we get a content warning or something for things like this. What an upsetting anecdote ugh.
By Hatter313
The howling has safely landed, as has NOES. updated pic coming soon.
By inksb
I have so many records in the mail. I'm having a hard time remember what I bought lol. I need to chill.

There is one record in particular that I'm mulling over picking up. The seller won't budge on the price which I feel is a little high but it's also the only one available currently. I almost got a Howling over the weekend but another person offered $2 more than I did. Oh well, I'll get a copy eventually.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm I have so many records in the mail. I'm having a hard time remember what I bought lol. I need to chill.

There is one record in particular that I'm mulling over picking up. The seller won't budge on the price which I feel is a little high but it's also the only one available currently. I almost got a Howling over the weekend but another person offered $2 more than I did. Oh well, I'll get a copy eventually.
my howling has a slight chip from where i tried to carefully remove the half price books sticker and failed at getting it completely clean off, (the seller put in a note warning me it was pretty firm on there lol) but otherwise its pretty much mint. theres a few of those out there right now for ok prices.

good luck on that other one, its so hard when its the only one and its rare, you feel held hostage by the prices sometimes. ugh, this hobby
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:26 pm The howling has safely landed, as has NOES. updated pic coming soon.
Im not sure if it was the same NOES I put an offer on but I want to torture myself a little. My offer was 80 or 85 I can’t remember. How close was I to your offer?
inksb wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm I have so many records in the mail. I'm having a hard time remember what I bought lol. I need to chill.

That was probably me :). I also grabbed poltergeist from the same seller.

Curious what title your talking about. I wonder if it’s the same one I keep putting offers on. So far they have been ignored. I too feel like they’re asking price is too high and over the weekend I realized they won’t even ship to Canada so I would have to sent it to the border and have it sit there til it opens up.
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Curious what title your talking about. I wonder if it’s the same one I keep putting offers on. So far they have been ignored. I too feel like they’re asking price is too high and over the weekend I realized they won’t even ship to Canada so I would have to sent it to the border and have it sit there til it opens up.
Awesome, glad it's going to good home. I just made a deal on DotD today. I'm officially broke but I wanted it really bad. The title I was talking about was NOES3, it's on discogs but not accepting offers, I still messaged the seller to see if they would come down some on it and they ignored me. So I won't be able to entertain the idea of a purchase of that for a few weeks.

What did you pay for Poltergeist? I put that off for years and it's been cheap but I realized recently that the price has been creeping up
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:32 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Awesome, glad it's going to good home. I just made a deal on DotD today. I'm officially broke but I wanted it really bad. The title I was talking about was NOES3, it's on discogs but not accepting offers, I still messaged the seller to see if they would come down some on it and they ignored me. So I won't be able to entertain the idea of a purchase of that for a few weeks.
I hear you man I too have to STOP with the buying. Great get with DotD though you won’t be disappointed. :)

I have a move when it comes to making offers and I’m sure the sellers hate it. I simply message them asking if they will ship to Canada and how much it will be. When they respond l reply with an offer that I’m sure they’re not even looking for. Haha. It works about 50% of the time

I was taking Videodrome. I keep making offers but no bites yet. The person wants $150 and I’m basically offering half of that. Man I want that album bad, But I’m not that desperate yet. I was planning on getting the DW version when it gets released but now i might wait til I can get a VS copy.
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:46 pm I was taking Videodrome. I keep making offers but no bites yet. The person wants $150 and I’m basically offering half of that. Man I want that album bad, But I’m not that desperate yet. I was planning on getting the DW version when it gets released but now i might wait til I can get a VS copy.
This is kind of funny, I was curious about that Videodrome and looked it up, it's being sold by one of my local shops. I've never seen them have stuff like that out for sale on the floor, I wonder if they save stuff like that strictly for online.