Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
The saga continues...

I grabbed these off of eBay from a seller that was terrible at rating stuff. The prices were low so I took the chance, ended up working out in my favor. The jackets are in immaculate condition and the records mostly just kind of dirty with a very few small amounts of scuffs on them no scratches overall really happy with them. Cleaning them now hoping they play well as I can't say any faults on them.
By CrossedPete
Great stuff @inks Piranha is awesome in every way. Tourist Trap is still really high on my list. I have the WW version. Do you? Notice any differences? I’m pretty sure Tourist Trap is one of the earliest horror movies with the lowest category number. I could be wrong though and some might not care but I’m all about the cat #. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t pick up Aliens on RSD. I’m holding out for an OG
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:20 am Great stuff @inks Piranha is awesome in every way. Tourist Trap is still really high on my list. I have the WW version. Do you? Notice any differences? I’m pretty sure Tourist Trap is one of the earliest horror movies with the lowest category number. I could be wrong though and some might not care but I’m all about the cat #. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t pick up Aliens on RSD. I’m holding out for an OG
I haven't watched Piranha in a long time, I listened to it last night and it's such a fantastic score. I do not have the WW Tourist Trap but I'm pretty sure some one did a comparison around here and said they are actually pretty comparable. But I know you'll still want an OG ;)
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:32 pm The saga continues...

I grabbed these off of eBay from a seller that was terrible at rating stuff. The prices were low so I took the chance, ended up working out in my favor. The jackets are in immaculate condition and the records mostly just kind of dirty with a very few small amounts of scuffs on them no scratches overall really happy with them. Cleaning them now hoping they play well as I can't say any faults on them.
2 that belong in every VS collection.
By inksb
Well I honestly didn't think I would get NoES1. The price is just too much. Well some one recently posted 1 & 3 on discogs, I bought 3 because the price was pretty good and messaged them about doing a package deal with 1. He agreed and I ended up with 1 & 3 for under the price of the going rate for just 1.

I put part 1 on the other night and got kicked in the feels pretty damn hard. I didn't realize how much I actually needed this soundtrack :)

By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:35 pm @ink, Congrats! I have up to 3. Hoping to finish the collection one day.
I am now up to 1-4 on vinyl and have 5 on cassette. I have purchased 5 three times over the last 6+ months and every time it's listed incorrectly and it's the soundtrack not the score.

Freddy's Dead is surprisingly hard to track down but I guess that's probably due to it's small pressing run by the time it came out compared to the others. I am trying to complete the 6 but who knows if and how long it will take
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:19 pm Well I honestly didn't think I would get NoES1. The price is just too much. Well some one recently posted 1 & 3 on discogs, I bought 3 because the price was pretty good and messaged them about doing a package deal with 1. He agreed and I ended up with 1 & 3 for under the price of the going rate for just 1.

I put part 1 on the other night and got kicked in the feels pretty damn hard. I didn't realize how much I actually needed this soundtrack :)

Congrats Inksb! NoES 1is a true classic, I felt the same when I got hold of my copy. It‘s one of my favorite scores and besides the Carpenter scores my favorite VS.
By CrossedPete
That’s awesome Inks great scores. The first one is so good what a classic. It has to be in the top 5 VS albums I have NoES 1, 2 and 5 on cassette and I have a TER pressing for 3 plus another on the way. 🤔

I’ve been on a little tear lately I think I have 10 VS titles on the way. I’ll share some pics when they start rolling in. I’m really excited because 2 of them are absolutely huge grails for me. But honestly all of them are huge gets as far as I’m concerned.
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 pm That’s awesome Inks great scores. The first one is so good what a classic. It has to be in the top 5 VS albums I have NoES 1, 2 and 5 on cassette and I have a TER pressing for 3 plus another on the way. 🤔

I’ve been on a little tear lately I think I have 10 VS titles on the way. I’ll share some pics when they start rolling in. I’m really excited because 2 of them are absolutely huge grails for me. But honestly all of them are huge gets as far as I’m concerned.
Can't wait to see what you have coming!
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:14 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:24 pm That’s awesome Inks great scores. The first one is so good what a classic. It has to be in the top 5 VS albums I have NoES 1, 2 and 5 on cassette and I have a TER pressing for 3 plus another on the way. 🤔

Can't wait to see what you have coming!
Make that 13 VS beauties haha when it rains it pours
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:19 pm Well I honestly didn't think I would get NoES1. The price is just too much. Well some one recently posted 1 & 3 on discogs, I bought 3 because the price was pretty good and messaged them about doing a package deal with 1. He agreed and I ended up with 1 & 3 for under the price of the going rate for just 1.

Congrats! Very happy for you!
By CrossedPete
These beauties were waiting for me when I got home today. I’m really happy to finally have a copy of Videodrome, I’ve been waiting for a long time for that one.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 2756 times
By inksb
Awesome! I have a feeling we've been bidding against each other a lot over the last two weeks on ebay. I tried to get a copy of Freddy's Dead and lost, same seller had Videodrome listed as well. And that Serpent & Rainbow I was after too (don't worry I got one for kind of cheap a few days later :P )
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:29 am On a rare mail day/Sunday, package 2 of 4 of my recent Varese pickups showed up. I already listened to vol.1. So good
Awesome pick up! I regret not buying 2-5 when I had the chance for $10 a piece

I ended up grabbing Deadly Friend and The Alchemist (no clue if this is any good but it's Richard Band and has amazing jacket lol) from that guy we were discussing
By tim28212
CrossedPete wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:29 am On a rare mail day/Sunday, package 2 of 4 of my recent Varese pickups showed up. I already listened to vol.1. So good image.jpg
The Invaders is a Goldsmith favorite of mine.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:29 am On a rare mail day/Sunday, package 2 of 4 of my recent Varese pickups showed up. I already listened to vol.1. So good

I ended up grabbing Deadly Friend and The Alchemist (no clue if this is any good but it's Richard Band and has amazing jacket lol) from that guy we were discussing
oh excellent, i was going to bid on those but decided against it, glad they went to you!. i lost out on his They live, The Hidden, Leviathan, and The Terminator lol. hope one of those at least went to someone here.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:48 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm

oh excellent, i was going to bid on those but decided against it, glad they went to you!. i lost out on his They live, The Hidden, Leviathan, and The Terminator lol. hope one of those at least went to someone here.
I wanted They Live, Leviathan and The Hidden. I forgot about Leviathan, The Hidden I decided not to bid on and They Live went way higher than I expected. I went up to $70 but I think the winning bid was closer to $90