Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
tim28212 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:16 pm did someone in here grab the sealed Christine that was on ebay with a BIN of $160?
I didn’t even see that, must have come and gone fast.

In the same vein, who got the NOES for $124? Any of you? There’s a pile of them in Japan I guess (all the same picture but varying prices) but this was the only US one.
By Hatter313
tim28212 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:02 pm I don't know who in here is bidding against me on Raw Deal but you need to quit. :)
It wasn’t me but I saw it happening haha. I’m glad I’m not the only one bidding on things and thinking “Which one of you is this?”
By Hatter313
Also folks, there’s a NOTLD with BIN or best offer at 100, one of you go get that right now, it’s been blowing up lately and that’s a great price!

There is a ROUGH seam split at the top though, that may put you off.
By tim28212
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:47 pm
tim28212 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:16 pm did someone in here grab the sealed Christine that was on ebay with a BIN of $160?
I didn’t even see that, must have come and gone fast.

In the same vein, who got the NOES for $124? Any of you? There’s a pile of them in Japan I guess (all the same picture but varying prices) but this was the only US one.
It showed up yesterday morning. The same seller had several sealed VS titles. I considered treating myself and using my tax refund but backed out. I just haven't gotten to the point where I can spend that kind of money on an album. I'm sure whoever got it is very excitd about it and will get lots of joy from it.
By tim28212
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:49 pm
tim28212 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:02 pm I don't know who in here is bidding against me on Raw Deal but you need to quit. :)
It wasn’t me but I saw it happening haha. I’m glad I’m not the only one bidding on things and thinking “Which one of you is this?”
@hatter, so funny and so true. :)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am A recent conversation with @Bez had me completely spinning out - that feeling when you realise there is a major VS want that you didn't even realise.

I have three different LP releases of Dawn of the Dead, yet somehow didn't have the Varese - and I'd have to put that particular LP up in my top five soundtracks which hold so many feels for me, from my early years of starting out with horror films and soundtracks.

Once I realised it was missing from my collection, I immediately set about rabidly attempting to track down a copy, and wouldn't you know it turns out to be fairly thin on the ground! Eek. I was starting to think I'd have to swallow the cost of snagging one from the US, but then I lucked upon a copy with a reasonable starting bid on Ebay. And managed to get it as only bidder, for the starting price!

Turned up this morning and despite the best efforts of the fool who packaged it in bubble wrap and stiff brown paper (oh good grief) the sleeve was still in shrink and almost mint! The lp has some scuffs but nothing that looks to be too serious, going to spend the afternoon cleaning/spinning it and maybe tackling a wee Comparison Corner :D

Super happy right now!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

These are the other releases of the score that I have - Cinevox, Dagored and WW:

FullSizeRender (2).jpg
After reading your post in the comparison corner I want a VS copy even more. And looking at all the different covers on discogs makes me want to start collecting all versions. I mean look at the French release from 1983: https://www.discogs.com/Goblin-Zombie-B ... ase/396903
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:52 pm Also folks, there’s a NOTLD with BIN or best offer at 100, one of you go get that right now, it’s been blowing up lately and that’s a great price!

Just put in an offer 🤞
By tim28212
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:46 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:52 pm Also folks, there’s a NOTLD with BIN or best offer at 100, one of you go get that right now, it’s been blowing up lately and that’s a great price!

Just put in an offer 🤞
@CP good luck!
By CrossedPete
tim28212 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:40 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:46 pm

Just put in an offer 🤞
@CP good luck!
Got it :) and for less than asking so that’s pretty sweet 👍
By CrossedPete
Yeah I’m pretty pumped I now have OG copies for NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. For me those movies had such an impact on my life I can’t wait to receive this and compare it to my WW copy. Although I have a feeling there is no comparison.

With this and another I picked up a few weeks ago (should be here soon) I’m nocking off some real heavy hitters off my VS list.
By Hatter313
Oh awesome! I’m glad one of us was able to get it. I bought mine from vinegar syndromes store a few years ago and I never looked back haha. It’s one of those truly special ones.

I need an original dawn, although the trunk library record is actually slightly higher on my list than a VS dawn. I’ve got the WW and the Cinevox reissue (not to mention the re-recording Simonetti did a year or so back.
By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:08 am I need an original dawn, although the trunk library record is actually slightly higher on my list than a VS dawn.
I too wanted that record, wasn’t WW planning on releasing this? I have that Dawn of the Dead box set that came with the Library music. It’s pretty great
By Hatter313
WW have mentioned it over the years but it’s been one of those elusive releases
By ScoJo
There has to be some correlation between the extensive bonus CDs of library tracks in the bluray box set, and WW's plans for vinyl release? After all, we know they're not afraid of copping from digital source for their expanded albums.
By havershaw
The guy who put the library music together for the Dawn 4K release Is the same fellow who did the Waxwork NOTLD and I don’t know if he’d ever work with Waxwork again.

If Waxwork does have some kind of deal with Second Sight, it’s definitely unbeknownst to him - he said he knows nothing about it.

Agree, though, the Dawn 4K set’s CDs are amazing.
By havershaw
Also I didn’t realize that there are two VS Dawn releases with red text on the back - I have red text, burgundy labels.

And I didn’t know there were label variations on NOTLD either - I have green labels.
NOTLD seems to show up on eBay from time to time, with better prices than I see it on Discogs. Pretty sure I made an offer on mine for like $60 last year or the year before and mine is NM.
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:14 pm The guy who put the library music together for the Dawn 4K release Is the same fellow who did the Waxwork NOTLD and I don’t know if he’d ever work with Waxwork again.
Dish.
By havershaw
Have I not already dished on this? haha.

Waxwork ended up using his Hi-Q transfers for the vinyl, he didn’t get paid, they misspelled his name on the jacket.
Also, Waxwork and Latent Image may not be on good terms either - apparently Latent Image weren’t happy that they used their trademarks on shirts or posters and haven’t received any money for either. I think that could be a misunderstanding, though, as the posters and shirts were perks given only to subscribers. They could probably technically say they weren’t ever for sale.

Another weird thing about the Waxwork NOTLD:
The fellow who put the master together said there was an insert which listed all original track titles, codes, and the composers.
My sub variant has an insert, but not with this info.
He even showed me the insert, which he got in his copy.
I emailed Waxwork and asked them for this insert, and they told me the sub variant had the *only* insert that came with it (and it doesn’t have this info).
Super weird.
By Mateo Sanboval
havershaw wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:27 pm Have I not already dished on this? haha.

Waxwork ended up using his Hi-Q transfers for the vinyl, he didn’t get paid, they misspelled his name on the jacket.
Also, Waxwork and Latent Image may not be on good terms either - apparently Latent Image weren’t happy that they used their trademarks on shirts or posters and haven’t received any money for either. I think that could be a misunderstanding, though, as the posters and shirts were perks given only to subscribers. They could probably technically say they weren’t ever for sale.

The fellow who put the master together said there was an insert which listed all original track titles, codes, and the composers.
I emailed Waxwork and asked them for this insert, and they told me the sub variant had the *only* insert that came with it (and it doesn’t have this info).
Super weird.
Weird indeed. Thanks for sharing.
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:27 pm Have I not already dished on this? haha.

Super weird.
I would love to see that one-off insert, if you think he might be up for taking a pic. I'd understand if that felt odd though. What a tangled web - regardless of the WW/Image Ten beef, it's wack that the label didn't at the very least offer some sort of retrospective fee for the work he did. That's Jim Cirronella and the 2010 'Stay Dead' CD edition right? I think discogs mentions the source, but can't recall if WW do (probably not- as well as the name mispell ffs...)

Outside of the straight-transfers of the Hi-Q pieces, I'm also curious about the source for the electronic/fx cues included on the WW version which were the work of Karl Hardman. Did Image Ten provide archive audio for those I wonder?
Last edited by ScoJo on Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.