Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Silver Bullet arrived today. I was surprised to see it was shipped from Ship to Shore, I double checked the seller I bought it from on discogs and it's definitely Aaron's account. Made me laugh.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:41 pm Silver Bullet arrived today. I was surprised to see it was shipped from Ship to Shore, I double checked the seller I bought it from on discogs and it's definitely Aaron's account. Made me laugh.
That’s hysterical
By inksb
Somedays you get to work, sit down at your desk to drink a warm cup of coffee and scroll through your discogs wantlist only to discover some one selling a copy of Creepshow for $35. That's a good start to the morning.

By Hatter313
superb grab
By inksb
Creepshow has arrived. Small/minor seam splits that are barely noticeable. Record looks to be in good condition with some light surface scratches but nothing seems like it will effect playback. I have a few more records arriving over the next few days and I'll be doing a large cleaning marathon before throwing anything on the deck. I can't wait to listen to it though

By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:55 pm Creepshow has arrived. Small/minor seam splits that are barely noticeable. Record looks to be in good condition with some light surface scratches but nothing seems like it will effect playback. I have a few more records arriving over the next few days and I'll be doing a large cleaning marathon before throwing anything on the deck. I can't wait to listen to it though

A beauty, nicely done @inkster.
By ScoJo
Speaking of Elmer.... I got all excited the other day when I happened across the Varese release of STRIPES at a rock-bottom price online, $4 with $5 shipping to UK! I snapped it up, and then got the shipping notice today.

Unfortunately, that triggered a distant memory in my fucked brain... and I somnambulantly shuffled over to my racks to find a copy already sitting there under "S" in my 80s section.

What a dolt. Anyone in the UK want a sealed copy of Stripes for, I dunno, a fiver plus postage cost? ;-)
By Hatter313
Recent VS grabs include TZ volumes 2-5 still in shrink, not sealed but basically in near mint condition for $20 each (i already had vol 1, but the seller had it for the same price as the others) and Red Sonja for a STEAL from another dealer.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:09 pm Recent VS grabs include TZ volumes 2-5 still in shrink, not sealed but basically in near mint condition for $20 each (i already had vol 1, but the seller had it for the same price as the others) and Red Sonja for a STEAL from another dealer.
Oh man, I want all of those. Red Sonja has been on the list long before the big VS splurge. Still can't find a decently priced copy
By CrossedPete
A lot of great pickups here today. Ive seen a copy of The Grifters at one of my local record stores on cassette a while ago.

I picked up my second copy of Dawn of the Dead today locally. I couldn’t resist, I already owned the red version but when I saw it was the black one I decided to pick it up. It has a slight warp which is shitty. Speaking of which any tips on fixing warps?
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 2179 times
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:51 am This looks absolutely doable thanks, oh man I can’t believe what I was thinking I would have to do haha
It's worth adding a note of caution that most people advise towards, before reaching for the Hot Glass - sometimes just putting the offending warped platter flat between two heavy objects (big pile of books etc) for a couple of weeks is enough to flatten the disc. Just saying!

:)
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:51 am This looks absolutely doable thanks, oh man I can’t believe what I was thinking I would have to do haha
It's worth adding a note of caution that most people advise towards, before reaching for the Hot Glass - sometimes just putting the offending warped platter flat between two heavy objects (big pile of books etc) for a couple of weeks is enough to flatten the disc. Just saying!

I did the book technique with a record that was unplayable with it's warp, after about a week of it sitting un the weight I pulled it out and while there is still a slight warp to the record it plays just fine now.
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:18 pm
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am

I did the book technique with a record that was unplayable with it's warp, after about a week of it sitting un the weight I pulled it out and while there is still a slight warp to the record it plays just fine now.
Honestly that’s where the record is right now. In this case I hope the books should do the trick :).

I do however have other records that are beyond stacking books, luckily for me I bought a box of children records for my kids a few years ago for pennies. Some of them have some issues that in theory would be good practice.
By Hatter313
I'll second, or i guess third the book method if its not too far gone. My Day of the Dead from that recent run of dead stock was playable but had a fair warp to it, about a week upright pancaked between some heavier books and its imperceptible now
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:57 pm I'll second, or i guess third the book method if its not too far gone. My Day of the Dead from that recent run of dead stock was playable but had a fair warp to it, about a week upright pancaked between some heavier books and its imperceptible now
Ah, so does it matter if it's horizontal or vertical then? I would have assumed that flat (horizontal) would have best result, but is there some specific reason to flatten them upright?

One thing about oven-baking them - a friend of mine has really good success with this method, but does caution against overdoing it - you can melt the grooves shut!! :D