Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:41 am My list of VS pressings that I really want is dwindling. I just recently snagged a Universal Soldier which I didn't think I was going to be able to find at a good price.

A few big ones I have had a hard time finding copies of are A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 and 6, copies seem to be harder and harder to come by and the prices are upwards $100+. Added to that both scores have soundtrack counterparts that people mistake for the score and try to sell them as that.

Still hunting for a good price on Re-Animator. I had a person on ebay that I was negotiating with who just backed out at the last minute.

The Evil Dead seems completely unreasonable, I was chatting with @Hatter about the absurd prices lately. I've seen a few listed for $400+
I am not in need of The Evil Dead but if it is going to be a classic like some Italian records from 20-30 years earlier than 300-400 is to be expected. Of course we don''t know if prices will go down eventually. But I cannot imagine those OG records to really drop. Especially since there appear to be more and more people who have to much fuck you money.
By inksb
Deals have been harder and harder to come by these days but I was able to pick up 3 VS releases at great prices this past week. Can't wait to have them in hand. Two should be here next week and the third is coming from Germany so that's a maybe next week or 3-4 weeks after lol.
By inksb
These three have finally landed. Unfortunately I have been screwed on NOES5 yet again. This was marked as VG+, I asked for photos they looked good. He said there were some light surface scratches and scuffs but nothing effected playback. There's a 3 inch gouge across half of side 2 that's so deep I can catch my finger nail on it. Bought from a guy in Germany so I just have to take the wash on this, sucks.

Other two are in amazing condition though
PSX_20220619_203156.jpg
PSX_20220619_203156.jpg (207.95 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
By CrossedPete
Great pick ups @inks too bad about NOES5. I’m still on the hunt for that one. I love the 10 to midnight score it’s great, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it :). I too have picked up a couple OG vs titles lately. I’ll post a pic when I get home from work later.
By CrossedPete
I meant to post this after I got home from work but I totally forgot….better late than never. Four is still sealed, not for long though :).
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 1485 times
I also got this a few weeks back but realized after it showed up it’s the Brazilian pressing so even though it has the Varese Serebande label on the cover it technically is not in my opinion but I just might be splitting hairs at this point.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 1485 times
By inksb
Fantastic pick up's @pete. I really need to grab copies of VS Halloween 4&5. Then I can sell off my mondo box. I didn't even realize there was a Brazilian pressing of Total Recall. My copy of Near Dark is Brazilian as well but that thing is so damn hard to find in general these days I'll take what I can get.

So I cleaned that NOES5 and gave it a spin last night, it's even worst that I initially thought. The first track on side A has a huge scratch as well, I didn't see it at first because it almost runs with the grooves. The one on side B causes the needle to jump, it sucks. And the guy is only offering me a €10 refund on a €45 record
By deafmetal
@inks - big bummer about that scratch and all the way from Europe. That said, still some nice picks.

@Pete - well done, and two that I am still missing as well.
By ScoJo
My motto: A Brazilian Varese is still a Varese.

I believe they licensed out titles to non-US territories under the VS brand (as well as other labels such as Celine
and Coliseum), but each country seems to have pressed it's own version. Some are better than others! Having said that, I have a few Brazilian VS and while they are super floppy 120g wax, they actually sound just great!

Ps you couldnt pay me to listen to those later Howarth Halloween scores - utter horseshit!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha....
Last edited by ScoJo on Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CrossedPete
I must admit these two definitely fall under the category of “gotta collect ‘‘em all” for me….and now I have OG pressings for the first 5 Halloween movies. So the decision to buy them wasn’t purely based on the music from the film. Honestly it’s been a while since I’ve watched either movie so I don’t really remember the music. The first side of part 5 has 4 or 5 songs from the film that I don’t remember at all. So I’m looking forward to giving these a spin with ears and an open mind. Let’s be honest it’s pretty hard to follow up what I'm sure we can all agree on as one of the best albums ever in Season of the Witch.
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:13 pm
tim28212 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:49 pm Personally, I like 4. 5 I can take or leave, it seldom gets played. But 4 I like.
You and I have done this dance before, my friend... haha :-)
I love dancing. :)
By havershaw
I made a trek to a record store out in the middle of a national forest last weekend and came away with these for $20 each! (Tourist Trap is sealed!)
AA9F3E16-D1F8-421E-8A14-1014AAB4F970.jpeg
AA9F3E16-D1F8-421E-8A14-1014AAB4F970.jpeg (639.44 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
By inksb
Damn @havershaw! Those are some great deals.

Haven't seen you post in a while, makes me wonder how big your library collection has ballooned since the last arrivals you posted lol
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:26 am I made a trek to a record store out in the middle of a national forest last weekend and came away with these for $20 each! (Tourist Trap is sealed!)

AA9F3E16-D1F8-421E-8A14-1014AAB4F970.jpeg
No filler! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
By havershaw
inksb wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:19 pm Damn @havershaw! Those are some great deals.

Haven't seen you post in a while, makes me wonder how big your library collection has ballooned since the last arrivals you posted lol
Yeah, I have been insanely swamped with work and I’ve also had to do some traveling on top of that, so I haven’t been able to spend much quality time with my records lately. I have another tough couple of weeks and then things should be a bit more normal.

My “to be listened to” pile is pretty formidable at this point.

I did take some pics a couple of weeks ago of the newest library acquisitions but then got busy again and forgot to post it and now I’m sure I need to take another pic.
By Hatter313
Those are more than deals! Excellent pulls!