Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
If I am correct there are only 5 Morricone releases on VS.
I have The Island and Bloodline.
I need Red Sonja.
And want Sahara and Crossing the Line.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:48 am If I am correct there are only 5 Morricone releases on VS.
I need Red Sonja.
How is Bloodline? I see a decent copy for $20 and I'm always open to adding more Morricone to the collection
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:54 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:48 am If I am correct there are only 5 Morricone releases on VS.
I need Red Sonja.
How is Bloodline? I see a decent copy for $20 and I'm always open to adding more Morricone to the collection
Fantastic!
By Hatter313
Well, i'm done for a while. someone on discogs had a good price for another grail, and then had a handful of other records I wanted, three of them VS. Once everything is in from the past few days of binging i'll post a photo, but needless to say i've made a dent in my want list. Man but we all riled each other up didn't we haha.
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:12 pm Image
Seriously, i had already gone on a mini unrelated binge in the last few days before this thread got pulled, plus i had a monster order from LITA with a bunch of those Japanese archival releases on the way.

And finally, lemme tell you, Sacred Bones and their new little "Unreleased Alan Vega" project is something i was not prepared for. Those guys need to take a nap haha
By CrossedPete
I feel you @hatter. I’m in the same boat, I’ve been on an unrelated vinyl buying binge for the last 3 weeks or so. Then we stared this thread just added more fuel to the fire. At least it’s good to know I’m not the only one losing their shit.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:33 pm Well, i'm done for a while. someone on discogs had a good price for another grail, and then had a handful of other records I wanted, three of them VS. Once everything is in from the past few days of binging i'll post a photo, but needless to say i've made a dent in my want list. Man but we all riled each other up didn't we haha.
Yeah, this thread is inspiring / highly contagious. :)

I guess prices for VS scores will go up swiftly, some serious capacity probably being taken out of the market.

I scored Dressed to Kill and Berlin Game over the weekend, those had been sitting on my wantlist for long (and that list got longer over the last few days).
By Hatter313
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:26 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:33 pm Well, i'm done for a while. someone on discogs had a good price for another grail, and then had a handful of other records I wanted, three of them VS. Once everything is in from the past few days of binging i'll post a photo, but needless to say i've made a dent in my want list. Man but we all riled each other up didn't we haha.
Yeah, this thread is inspiring / highly contagious. :)

I guess prices for VS scores will go up swiftly, some serious capacity probably being taken out of the market.

I scored Dressed to Kill and Berlin Game over the weekend, those had been sitting on my wantlist for long (and that list got longer over the last few days).
Yup, Dressed to Kill was one of mine also.
By ScoJo
Some newbies today - heavy textured sleeves one and all

IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2883 times
IMG_0946.JPG
IMG_0946.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 2883 times
By havershaw
Wowwwww. @tim, you are out of control!

Like many Discogs threads, this is dangerous.
I’ve been on a bit of a De Wolfe spree lately and I’ve been feeling like I need to take it easy (they haven’t all arrived yet so I haven’t posted them).

Question:

Does anyone have the Waxwork Re-Animator and the VS and can compare?

I just discovered that my Waxwork reissue of this is selling for right around the cost of the VS.
there’s no way the Waxwork sounds better than the VS, right?!?
By havershaw
I have the Flesh for Frankenstein reissue. Gotta check out that Dracula one. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it.

Also, Fly by Night is giving me life this morning. Thanks!!
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:49 pm I have the Flesh for Frankenstein reissue. Gotta check out that Dracula one. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it.

Also, Fly by Night is giving me life this morning. Thanks!!
It's very woozy and romantic, quite lovely really - I'm a big fan of both. But my heart belongs to Flesh for Frank ;) One day I'll have a proper 3D print!

Glad you're digging Fly- it's a monster!
By ScoJo
havershaw wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:47 pm
I'm up for giving these the business later this evening, I have the VS and the WW 1st pressing. Watch this space :)
By inksb
Like a few others I've been on a bit of a bender as of late buying records. Then this VS shitstorm happened and I went a bit crazy. I was going to grab that Phantasm today after depositing some cash I made on the side this weekend (I've resorted to selling my body on the street) but it's gone now :(

I am very excited to spin the albums I picked up. Some I've heard and a few are new to me.
By Bezulsqy
Out of curiosity: what is the first VS soundtrack/score release?

I always thought it was this one: https://www.discogs.com/Yasushi-Akutaga ... se/2089119

edit: i just looked and no idea why I would think this. looking at the cat number Silent Running (and others) are earlier.

edit 2: any idea why the different letters in front of the cat numbers? STV and VC for instance? STV: SoundTrackVersion?
By havershaw
ScoJo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:58 pm
havershaw wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:47 pm
I'm up for giving these the business later this evening, I have the VS and the WW 1st pressing. Watch this space :)
Thanks ScoJo!

Checking Discogs, my repress of Phantasm is also expensive now?!?

I am really tempted to dump a bunch of reissues and spend the $ on getting more OG VS before they all climb to Evil Dead prices.
By Mateo Sanboval
tim28212 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:43 pm if I'm not mistaken I believe their first was The First Nudie Musical. I vaguely remember them talking about it a few years back on their Facebook page.
Mondo just announced they are reissuing this in the Fall.
By Hatter313
I had both the Warhols IN MY HAND years ago (please read in "Pacino yelling in Heat voice") and like a dope said "nah, i've got the reissues, thats sufficient"

At the time i was really trying not to start looking for originals for stuff i had resissues for, but here we are.

Also i just took a gander at my CC bill and these last few weeks got away from me so there will be NO more purchasing of ANYTHING for at least a month or two. (statement subject to change)