Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
https://www.discogs.com/label/717571-Co ... oundtracks

I do not own any Contempo release. And when I used the search function not a lot of posts about this label pop up. Some do refer to poor quality.
Their releases are not very expensive so I am wondering what people think.

For instance the release of L'Istruttoria È Chiusa: Dimentichi - Colonna Sonora Originale by Ennio Morricone.
You have a Dagored from 2004 available for under 20.
But there is also the Contempo on black wax and a version on coloured vinyl. Both version as cheap as the Dagored. I did read that @Texas ditched all the PVC covers the Contempo's come in.
But what would be the version to get?
By texasvinyl
I don't like either label all that much

But having heard neither I'd maybe go with the dagored.

I am not even sure how much Contempo is to blame for releases like Deserto Rosso... My guess is the tapes were somewhat damaged and they had to use a lot of digital processes to clean it up. The original is really just impossible to find... But a couple of these were just really bad and lazy, then again Dagored did some cheap ass lazy stuff too. How about their Panoramic Feelings?? It's a fucking piece of paper instead of a real jacket, and they went with literally 1" center labels. What the fuck. Seriously. It does sound good though!! And don't even get me started on the DVD.... Which is simply free "found footage" clips from a 30 year period and all kinds of countries. Not even just italy in the late 60s. It makes no sense....
By deafmetal
texasvinyl wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:33 pm Dagored did some cheap ass lazy stuff too. How about their Panoramic Feelings?? It's a fucking piece of paper instead of a real jacket, and they went with literally 1" center labels. What the fuck. Seriously. It does sound good though!! And don't even get me started on the DVD.... Which is simply free "found footage" clips from a 30 year period and all kinds of countries. Not even just italy in the late 60s. It makes no sense....
Quite an odd release along with Ritmico. I ended up putting the vinyl inside a standard sleeve with the original paper outside as a pseudo-cover inside a poly outer sleeve, but yeah, wtf? I do agree they sound decent though.

I only have a couple Contempo releases. They claim to all be remastered, but typically get a poor reception from the experts or those with OG copies to compare.