Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
It’s a shame because there’s some real gems in there, George Fenton’s score to company of wolves is hauntingly lovely. And Wolfen of course...too bad, obviously the resources are there for producing, they just need the pull through.
By ScoJo
From day one with this label, I sensed they were going to be a sobering object lesson in 'don't run before you walk'. They may well have started with good intentions (and a huge pot of cash for licensing) but pretty much everything I heard from that point forwards just backed my initial instincts.

I'm super bummed about Wolfen, but also pretty damn bummed about The Stuff. Hope somebody more sensible/less cash-grabby takes on both of these awesome titles.
By tim28212
I'm sorry for anyone who lost money. I really was pulling for this label, it had quite the lineup. Feel lucky to have gotten Xtro, although it did take some time. From what I read it's one of the better releases from PDR. I believe @static mentioned Galaxy Of Terror wasn't the best sounding and I've read the same for TCM.
By blindguy
the site gets updated 3x a day to say it will be updated at time x.

FWIW, here's the latest:
Ship dates

The Stuff 02/16/2019
The Exterminator 02/19/2019 -02/22/2019
WDOA TBD
XTRO & NOTC LFR 02/19/2019
Sub Titles 02/23/2019

i don't think i''ll hold my breath since tis' been moving the ship dates by 3-4 days a time for weeks now.
By monsterworship
blindguy wrote:the site gets updated 3x a day to say it will be updated at time x.

FWIW, here's the latest:
Ship dates

The Stuff 02/16/2019
The Exterminator 02/19/2019 -02/22/2019
WDOA TBD
XTRO & NOTC LFR 02/19/2019
Sub Titles 02/23/2019

i don't think i''ll hold my breath since tis' been moving the ship dates by 3-4 days a time for weeks now.

perhaps the page is programmed to automatically update the dates everyday...
By reddye6
Bub wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:45 pm 2/29/2019 ya'll

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 3.41.35 PM.png
My first response was, "Oh, good Lord." But then I considered that from a metaphorical standpoint that this could be the truest thing that he's ever told his customers.
By blindguy
At this point i'm becoming convinced this is all part of some experiment on the people who purchased from them. But theStuff is shipping 3/5, for reals this time i'm sure
By NathanLurker
So, I have the patience of a saint, okay, all around nice guy here. I guess you can call that 'naïveté'. But when I order from a label who's clearly having issues with production or delivery or any other parts of their business, I'm more than understanding. I ordered 3 releases from PDR on August 18, 2017 1x Texas Chainsaw Massacre : The Shocking Truth LP, 1x Galaxy of Terror LP and 1x Night of the Comet LP.

After a few weeks after the farthest release date out of those items, I think to myself ''hey this should have been received by now, others have received all those titles''. I check my shipping address, they have the correct one. I write to them. they say '' oh sorry it seems that your order was not received properly on our side because of an issue when you combine multiple items together'' and they told me they'll send the package to me. They give me a pre-made tracking number. Then through 1-2 weeks, I check the tracking status, it's always showing the status ''SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM''. Through the months, I usually wait 6 weeks everytime between communication to make sure they have time to sort me out, because I think it's a one man operation and they might ship slowly, but for sure I never receive my order and PDR alway say, ''oh sorry, I don't know what happenned, I'll take care of it and re-ship'' (sometimes I don't even receive a reply to my email and I have to write twice to get my response) but I still never receive my order. I think all in all, it's been 7 times that the package supposedly shipped.

I ask how a tracking can show '' usp awaiting item'' all the time if they do give the package to usps It looks like it doesn't even reach usps, and I never really received an explanation on that, just a ''sorry'' and ''I'll make sure your package ships''. Well today, I was following up and asking for a refund because, even though I have no ill will towards PDR, it's just time to move on, get a refund, and accept that I'm not getting that package. I received a different kind of automated response from them :

I am currently going through personal Bankruptcy proceedings.

The law firm handling the bankruptcy is

CUTLER AND ASSOCIATES LTD
[...]

For further assistance please contact the bankruptcy law firm above

We are no longer monitoring this inbox.
I originally wanted to be nice and not spread any bad feedback on PDR while we were solving the issue ( I thought they already had enough bad feedback). I dunno... you guys think I can get any money back from the law firm at all ? is it worth my time to contact them ?
By inksb
Did you pay with Paypal? Open a dispute on there, generally what will happen is they won't even respond to the claim and Paypal will issue the return. If you did it through your credit card, then just dispute the purchase through your credit card. It's annoying but you should be able to get your money back.
By reddye6
Does PayPal allow you to open a dispute if the transaction is older than 90 days?
By ScoJo
Go get some, @red!

Good luck.

Ps Any chance we could re-file this entire thread in a catagory named
'Pained Howls From The Fiery Valley of Eternal Tears and Gnashed Teeth' ?
By reddye6
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:07 pm You have six months now
I placed my outstanding order on May 6, 2017, so I'm way out of whack there. I imagine most others are as well.
By reddye6
I am, though, so very happy that I didn't buy a subscription from this joker.
By reddye6
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:13 pm My order was August 2017. I couldn't open a paypal claim on the order but I sent a message to their client care to explain the situation. Fingers crossed.
Definitely please let us know what you hear back.