Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Just saw this on their project-status page:

PURE DESTRUCTIVE RECORDS TO CLOSE LATE 2018

Due to all the delays, stress,and the fact I am currently dealing with a serious family issue, I have decided not to start any new projects.

It has been a incredibly stressful year , It has also been very stressful to you, the customer, waiting over a year in some cases for a order to ship.

No projects are being cancelled..I just want to be clear about that. We are just not starting any new projects.

All projects, including the 2018 Subscription titles will be released by the end of Oct 2018. We will stop accepting orders for all products on October 12th

Once all orders have been shipped and delivered P.D.R will close.

I want to thank ALL of you for the support you have shown P.D.R over the last 18 months. I wish things had gone more smoothly

Again please accept my sincere apologies.
By inksb
Is this surprising to any one? I've heard nothing but issues and problems from these guys. Edsawesomesounds has copies of Night of the Comet and XTRO, I've been thinking of picking up Night of the Comet but can't for the life of me remember the score at all.
By Mateo Sanboval
reddye6 wrote:Just saw this on their project-status page:

No.

Seriously, though, who's gonna put out Wolfen? Somebody. Anybody. Do the right thing.
By static14
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

No.

Seriously, though, who's gonna put out Wolfen? Somebody. Anybody. Do the right thing.
@mateo just grab battle beyond the stars, krull, or star trek II. Pretty much the same music. (ducks and covers head) :)
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

No.

@mateo just grab battle beyond the stars, krull, or star trek II. Pretty much the same music. (ducks and covers head) :)
By static14
On a serious note it’s not surprising that PDR are going out of business. They stiffed at least one artist (search the forum here) and all of their releases have had ridiculous, and more often than not, multiple delays.

Shame though because he was releasing interesting things for sure.

I have two PDR releases; Xtro (which sounds great), and Galaxy of Terror (which sounds like hammered ass). So not a great QC record either :(
By reddye6
So for anyone out there who still gives a shit, I asked PDR about canceling my order for The Southern Tenant. He said that I could cancel but that it was being shipped to him next week. Because I can never object to rolling a rock up a hill, I said that I'd stay on to get this album.
By Mateo Sanboval
reddye6 wrote:So for anyone out there who still gives a shit, I asked PDR about canceling my order for The Southern Tenant. He said that I could cancel but that it was being shipped to him next week. Because I can never object to rolling a rock up a hill, I said that I'd stay on to get this album.
I think we can all relate, Reddye. Hope it works out in your favor.

@Static - Well said.
By DigitalHiss
The only dealings I've had with this label is the Spettro Family LP which eventually never happened. I got my money back after months and months of delays.

Reddye6...those who ordered the Spettro LP (and seemingly all of his other LPs) heard the "IT'S SHIPPING TO ME NOW! SHOULD BE HERE END OF THE WEEK!" bullshit. In the case of the Spettro LP those were flat out lies since no records were ever pressed as far as I know. Another label eventually put that LP out. But we heard that the "PRESSING PLANT IS DOING THEM NOW!" and "I'M RECEIVING THEM THIS WEEK!" according to PDR. That said, I hope you get your LP and it sounds good.

Rampant jabronism across the board with PDR.
By reddye6
DigitalHiss wrote:The only dealings I've had with this label is the Spettro Family LP which eventually never happened. I got my money back after months and months of delays.

Reddye6...those who ordered the Spettro LP (and seemingly all of his other LPs) heard the "IT'S SHIPPING TO ME NOW! SHOULD BE HERE END OF THE WEEK!" bullshit. In the case of the Spettro LP those were flat out lies since no records were ever pressed as far as I know. Another label eventually put that LP out. But we heard that the "PRESSING PLANT IS DOING THEM NOW!" and "I'M RECEIVING THEM THIS WEEK!" according to PDR. That said, I hope you get your LP and it sounds good.

Rampant jabronism across the board with PDR.
Yeah, if I were holding my breath about this delivery, I would have been dead back in January.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

No.

If I am not mistaken Wolfen was part of the sub. Although I could be very much mistaken. But that according to the statement on PDR they will release everything that was included in the sub. You only have another two weeks to order anything though.
SUB 2018 Releases.

Titles will be added to the website on 10/04/2018
By Mateo Sanboval
That could be key info. Or it could be a way for me to donate $35 towards PDR's retirement plan.
By slik
This is no shock, I have chased orders since the doors opened and have been left waiting, and waiting, and waiting. This is a great example of pre-order hysteria. Great promise, with no delivery. And, that is why I will not release a record on my label until my grubby little mits have it to release!!! Next release....December. Hurrah!
By Voodoo_Jim
I was STUNNED - I got my blood filled Texas Chainsaw Massacre yesterday. Not the best blood filled LP and not worth the wait. I wouldn't hold my breath on the remaining pressings.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Wolfen maybe?
SUB 2018 Releases.

Titles will be added to the website on 10/09/2018
I almost hope not if you know what I mean.
By Voodoo_Jim
Adding insult to injury - the site is back online, with a clearance sale going on. I waited a year and a half for my blood filled TCM, paying $160+shipping, and it's on sale for $120 now. With an offer to sell a second one to prior buyers of the blood filled for $100. No thanks.
By blindguy
Would i be safe in assuming I'm not the only one who didn't get an email about the Stuff as the latest deadline came and went? Shipping delays are one thing, but I think it's been nearly a month since they started saying they'd send an address confirmation.
By Mateo Sanboval
blindguy wrote:Would i be safe in assuming I'm not the only one who didn't get an email about the Stuff as the latest deadline came and went? Shipping delays are one thing, but I think it's been nearly a month since they started saying they'd send an address confirmation.
I don't have a horse in this race and if I did it would be for pure destruction of Pure Destructive, but here's the latest update from their site:

"Since it has been a long time waiting for The Stuff and Exterminator projects, We will be sending emails this week, asking customers to confirm there ship to address.

EMAILS WILL BE SENT BY 10 PM 12/13/2018 via mailchimp If you have not received an email by 5 pm 12/17/2018 please contact us"
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
blindguy wrote:Would i be safe in assuming I'm not the only one who didn't get an email about the Stuff as the latest deadline came and went? Shipping delays are one thing, but I think it's been nearly a month since they started saying they'd send an address confirmation.
I don't have a horse in this race and if I did it would be for pure destruction of Pure Destructive, but here's the latest update from their site:

"Since it has been a long time waiting for The Stuff and Exterminator projects, We will be sending emails this week, asking customers to confirm there ship to address.

EMAILS WILL BE SENT BY 10 PM 12/13/2018 via mailchimp If you have not received an email by 5 pm 12/17/2018 please contact us"
I am going to bet that no emails were sent. Kind of like when I heard back in late September that the vinyl for The Southern Tenant release was getting delivered to them the following week and would start shipping. I haven't received or heard anything since, even with a polite follow-up by me about a month ago.
By Bezulsqy
Being bored I decided to check what is up with PDR.
NEXT UPDATE WILL BE POSTED ON 01/10/2019

We are currently waiting for records to clear customs

We will have more upto date info on ship dates on Thursday

We have added a new product ship date page to the website

PURE DESTRUCTIVE RECORDS TO CLOSE LATE JAN 2019 ONCE ALL PROJECTS HAVE SHIPPED AND ORDERS RECIVED BY CUSTOMERS.
But what I am wondering is if anyone bought the subscription? He mentioned:
No projects are being cancelled..I just want to be clear about that. We are just not starting any new projects.

All projects, including the 2018 Subscription titles will be released by the end of Oct 2018. We will stop accepting orders for all products on October 12th
I found this post mentioning what titles were announced:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/ ... &archive=0
New for 2018 is a subscription service. A one time payment will cover 5 releases, and shipping.

2018 Subscription will be available to purchase on 11/25/2017 at 9 am US Central. Subscription sales will run for 10 days, and will end on 12/05/2017 at midnight.

Titles for 2018 Subscription are as follows.

The Ring (2002) - Music by Hans Zimmer

Pumpkinhead 2 : Blood Wings (1993) - Music by Jim Manzie

Wolfen (1981) - Music by James Horner

Company of Wolves (1984) - Music by George Fenton

Neon Maniacs (1986) - Music by Kendall Schmidt

Here is what is included.

5 Subscriber Exclusive 180 gram Colored Vinyl along with Slipmats of selected releases,
11 x 17 poster of each release, stickers, and pins.
15% OFF Anything From PDR During 2018.

*All Shipping Costs Included for USA and Europe
European based orders will be shipped from the UK. This will eliminate international shipping costs, and import duty. UK based shipping charges will apply.

*Shipping to other country's not in the EU or USA will incur shipping charges.
I can't imagine the sub having sold a lot of copies. That could mean there are going to copies for sale of the sub titles outside of the sub. That would mean @Mateo can still get a copy of Wolfen!
By inksb
Did he actually produce any of those LPs from the sub? Neon Maniacs would be pretty awesome. I've only ever seen Night of the Comet and Xtro for sale. I regret not grabbing Night of the Comet when I had a chance.
By ScoJo
Titles for 2018 subscription... all to be released before label folds end of Jan 19... five records...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......,

Fool me once = well done.
Fool me twice = oh for gawds sake.
Fool me thrice = ahh just piss off, eh?

;-)