Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
For those that don't get the Mondo newsletter, two new BWR releases this week on Mondo. Cory Kilduff's -When It All Gets To Be Too Much, which I personally can't stop listening to. I can't wait to have the physical release in hand. The other being worriedaboutsatan - Revenant. These go up for sale at the usual time, 12PM CST.
By Mateo Sanboval
That Kilduff is a great concept. I haven't taken the time to listen to samples yet, but I do still very much enjoy his Alien re-score.
By maxlevel
So Graham Reznick wrote and directed Shudder’s Deadwax. But who’s name did I see on the credits? Why it’s Burning Witches...

When’s the LP out?
By inksb
All our favorites were in there. Graham did a great job getting a lot of folks involved in the soundtrack. I believe Death Waltz is putting out the LP so maybe next year sometime or the following year? I kid but you never know when stuff is coming from them other than a week or two before hand.

I just checked the credits:
EP1 - Graham
EP2 - Graham & Deadly Avenger Vs The Emperor Machine
EP3 - Graham, All Of Them Witches & Burning Tapes
EP4 - Graham, Timothy Fife & Wojciech Golczewski
EP5 - Graham & Burning Tapes
EP6 - Graham, Pye Corner Audio, Pentagram Home Video & Wojciech Golczewski
EP7 - Graham, Pye Corner Audio & Thomas Ragsdale
EP8 - Graham & Alessandro Cortini

I loved the music and had a great time with the show too. I look forward to the LP.
Last edited by inksb on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BurningTapes
Gary and myself both wrote tracks for the score and also BWR has vinyl featured throughout the series if you have a keen eye. Full release will be by Death Waltz
By Hatter313
I still can’t get over this show, it was so exactly made for us and that’s just really cool
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:08 pm All our favorites were in there. Graham did a great job getting a lot of folks involved in the soundtrack. I believe Death Waltz is putting out the LP so maybe next year sometime or the following year? I kid but you never know when stuff is coming from them other than a week or two before hand.

I just checked the credits:
EP1 - Graham
EP2 - Graham & Deadly Avenger Vs The Emperor Machine
EP3 - Graham, All Of Them Witches & Burning Tapes
EP4 - Graham, Timothy Fife & Wojciech Golczewski
EP5 - Graham & Burning Tapes
EP6 - Graham, Pye Corner Audio, Pentagram Home Video & Wojciech Golczewski
EP7 - Graham, Pye Corner Audio & Thomas Ragsdale
EP8 - Graham & Alessandro Cortini

I loved the music and had a great time with the show too. I look forward to the LP.
F I F E
By BurningTapes
8203C0C5-2F10-42C8-A60E-49B2AD8587E6.jpeg
8203C0C5-2F10-42C8-A60E-49B2AD8587E6.jpeg (26.43 KiB) Viewed 4165 times
New release from us currently on sale now. Clint Carney aka SystemSyn has written a beautiful and sinister score to his latest film Dry Blood. The movie is currently available to view on Amazon Prime and available to buy on Blu Ray and dvd via Rob Galluzzo’s run Dread label. Part of Dread central and Epic pictures. Some of you guys may recognise Clint formally from Tiger Lab.

Check out the score at burningwitchesrecords.bandcamp.com and also pick up the limited website version of the vinyl on red and black bloodburst. Retail edition is on solid cherry red at all good retailers.
By inksb
New release from BWR today.

Oh Baby - The Art of Sleeping Alone

https://burningwitchesrecords.bandcamp. ... ping-alone

It's a 5 song EP of synth pop. Limited to 200 copies, it seems to be selling like crazy as they are already down to 30 copies on bandcamp.

Electronic duo Oh Baby was created ‘to fill a void in our own record collections, specifically between the letters N and P’. With a sound that depicts ‘factories at dusk, an aversion to sentimentality and an electronic take on the human condition’.

Rick Hornby and Jen Devereux are distant cousins who first met at the funeral of a long lost family member. ‘A funeral usually means the end of a band, but it’s where we decided to start one’.

The band have a twisted take on what dance music can be, citing influences from early 80’s New York underground and German electronic scenes ranging from Grace Jones, A Certain Ratio and Kraftwerk, through John Carpenter soundtracks, to English New Wave bands such as The Police and Fun Boy Three, giving their unique sound a bold twist of live guitars, succinct vocals and potent beats.

The band have just finished writing and recording their first mini-album between London, Manchester and LA, set for release on 23rd August via Burning Witches Records.

Danceable pulsing synths and shimmering guitars come together with vocals that wouldn’t be out of place at peak Fleetwood Mac era. Oh Baby’s debut EP titled “The Art of Sleeping Alone” is here to end the summer on the indie dance floor.
Last edited by inksb on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BurningTapes
Cheers for the post! It’s only available from us and Mondo. This won’t wont be going to any other retailers currently. Abbey Road did a great job with this. Sounds so good.
By inksb
BurningTapes wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 pm Cheers for the post! It’s only available from us and Mondo. This won’t wont be going to any other retailers currently. Abbey Road did a great job with this. Sounds so good.
Thanks for info. I'm not a huge synth pop person but this is pretty good.
By reddye6
Checking to see if any of the US folks who ordered "Tales of Halloween" have received their package yet (a comment on the USPS being slow but hopefully not absent-minded).
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 pm Checking to see if any of the US folks who ordered "Tales of Halloween" have received their package yet (a comment on the USPS being slow but hopefully not absent-minded).
I haven't ordered a copy yet but I've seen folks on my IG post pics in the last few days so some have definitely landed.
By inksb
I feel like it's been a while since he did something. Can't wait to hear it. That Godzilla tape still get's a ton of listens from me.
By Hatter313
Best guy in his genre! Bring it!
By BurningTapes
97ACB88E-F693-4B3E-B812-67E87826C605.jpeg
97ACB88E-F693-4B3E-B812-67E87826C605.jpeg (302.54 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
This one is going to be fun!

The Descent - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Exclusive launch & screening event with Q&A on 8th April

To coincide with the much anticipated vinyl release of The Descent soundtrack, join us for a special Q+A with the film's director, Neil Marshall and composer, David Julyan, before an exclusive screening of the 2005 horror hit on Friday 8th of April. Held at the wonderful Cinema in the Arches in London’s Battersea

https://www.thecinemainthearches.com/film/The-Descent

This is the indie retail vinyl version