Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By wannamarchi.club

SUMMER EXPO
A NEW SPANKING HOT MIXTAPE FROM WANNAMARCHI.CLUB

All tracks featured are available to purchase at http://wannamarchi.club/ in physical and/or digital formats.

The mix can be downloaded for free at http://wannamarchi.club/ - a limited amount of cassettes have been produced and will be sent out for free with orders of more than one title, or can be purchased alone for £1.99.

If purchasing multiple titles get in touch for a discounted price.
Wholesale prices are available for mail orders / distros.

--
[Calling Wanna]
Partial Objects - Guy Andre (BBC2)
Nokuit - Shapeless Self (NKT003)
JEO - Prince of Space (TCCCSJEO1)
Nokuit - Suspended (NKT002)
Tottenham Ayatollah - Never Be Safe (BBC1)
Nokuit - Structures (NKT003)
JEO - The Emanation of The Giant Albion, Side A (BBC3)
Nokuit - Restless Legs (NKT003X)
The Soulless Party - Tales from the Black Meadow (Main Theme) (TCC7TMTP1)
Partial Objects - Physical Education (BBC2)
Nokuit - Deep Breathing (NKT003X)
Tottenham Ayatollah - Jihaddi John's Drug Binge (BBC1)
Imperial Leather - Death to Traitors Freedom for Britain (BBCU)
Nokuit - Screwed Angels - Moments of Ecstasy (NKT003X)
Imperial Leather - So Long [Project Fear is Over] (BBCU)
[Try Again]
--
By Mateo Sanboval
I don't want to speak for everyone at STBC, but I, for one, think it's super cool how all of these small labels and artists drop by a few times, contribute to a thread or two, introduce themselves in the proper section, and really get to know the place a little before offering up their wares via a copy/paste blurb. I don't know about you all, but I buy every one of them. Really makes me feel like I'm part of a community.
By ScoJo
@mateo

I dunno - call it kismet, generally I agree but recently I've been proper jones'in for a 'spanking hot summer mix'.
By static14
I've got an older summer mix I purchased from a cat named Reggie, but it isn't spanking though.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:I've got an older summer mix I purchased from a cat named Reggie, but it isn't spanking though.
I remember that tape. You could really see the authenticity.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:Image
You lookin' fer a tilly, bud?
By lazyben
Catching up on all I've missed and wow, this has everything....

It's a tape, the king of all media and not at all rubbish
It has artwork (nice to see preschoolers getting some work)
It comes in a plastic bag (no stupid cases to break)
I've never heard of anything on it so it must be cool
I'm not even sure what the descriptions mean so it must be of a higher quality than I can possibly comprehend
Worst name for a record label ever, just to keep it underground and for the cognoscenti only
Genius marketing

I'll take 10! That should be my retirement sorted...
By Mateo Sanboval
lazyben wrote:Catching up on all I've missed and wow, this has everything....

It's a tape, the king of all media and not at all rubbish
It has artwork (nice to see preschoolers getting some work)
It comes in a plastic bag (no stupid cases to break)
I've never heard of anything on it so it must be cool
I'm not even sure what the descriptions mean so it must be of a higher quality than I can possibly comprehend
Worst name for a record label ever, just to keep it underground and for the cognoscenti only
Genius marketing

I'll take 10! That should be my retirement sorted...
I feel like you've left something out, Ben.
By static14
Here's hoping the change in seasons brings a new mix tape. This one not so "spanking" though, maybe something more laid back. Suitable for sitting on the front porch with a blanket on your lap, holding a hot mug of cocoa with both hands and sipping while watching the leaves change.
By ScoJo
You'll not credit this (as I genuinely don't have enough time in the day to get shit done as it it!) but out f curiosity I hit the Soundcloud link.....that shit is genuinely odd y'all! As far as I could tell, skipping through, it's mostly field recordings/found sound or something. And not at all the 'Summer Expo' vibe I was promised by their savvy marketing.

I think I'm going to pass on their deluxe 12 LP box set this fall, I just can't justify the outlay.
By lazyben
For reals?!?!

From the name I was hoping it was a Zoe Wanamaker led mariachi band.

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser....
By Little Walter
I kinda like it. Maybe you guys don't have the right kind of subwoofer in your cars, or the right neighborhood kids to jade and sonically paralyze.
By vi_resmusic
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I don't want to speak for everyone at STBC, but I, for one, think it's super cool how all of these small labels and artists drop by a few times, contribute to a thread or two, introduce themselves in the proper section, and really get to know the place a little before offering up their wares via a copy/paste blurb. I don't know about you all, but I buy every one of them. Really makes me feel like I'm part of a community.
I feel slightly paranoid now...
By wannamarchi.club

NOKUIT
PATTERNS OF INSTABILITY

Release Date: 27th October 2017

PRE-ORDER AT OUR NEW SHOP WANNAMARCHI.CLUB: https://goo.gl/iP4bN2

PRIVATE ADVANCE ALBUM STREAMING: https://goo.gl/dRtAcv

_

NKT presents 'Patterns of Instability', a work of freeform experimental electronic music that moves through dense noise textures, visceral sound design and time-stopping ambient suites. Unfolding over 45 minutes, the new Nokuit album is an absorbing soundtrack probing the pervasive bewilderment of society. It’s a relentless journey where blurred melodies and abrasive soundscapes unsettle our most buried dissatisfactions and inner rebellions.

Swirling drones become a sonic lens which drifts and roams through the currents and threads within the contemporary landscape. Mingling amongst the town square demonstration, flipped upside down through the cameras into the news media rooms and editing suites, dragged up into helicopters looking down into streets and homes, then bounced across the globe by satellites floating in the atmosphere. Spam bots and malware, encryption data, analysis of YouTube uploads and text messages. Rather than focusing in on any specific geographical event, ‘Patterns of Instability’ takes a widescreen approach to our contemporary age of discontent and digs deep into timeless feelings of frustration.

Expanding the peculiar set of expressive tools built over precursor works ‘Analysis Paralysis’ and ‘Reality Disappears After Waking’, here Nokuit’s music reaches its most defined and highly evolved form yet. This is an observation on how we deal with and perceive our reality - whether or not we are in control of it - and our level of acceptance of the constant brainwashing that affects our lives. Each time Nokuit’s music faces the struggle from different angles and in ‘Patterns of Instability’ it zooms in on collective, political and individual battlefields.

NKT004
Nokuit - Patterns of Instability

Edition of 100
Pro Dubbed C45 White Cassette
4 Panel double-sided J-card Artwork
Download code inc.

PRE-ORDER https://goo.gl/iP4bN2

PRIVATE ADVANCE ALBUM STREAMING https://goo.gl/dRtAcv

Nokuit - Patterns of Instability - OUT TODAY

Edition of 100
C45 White Cassette
4 Panel double-sided J-card Artwork

"..Swirling drones become a sonic lens which drifts and roams through the currents and threads within the contemporary landscape. Mingling amongst the town square demonstration, flipped upside down through the cameras into the news media rooms and editing suites, dragged up into helicopters looking down into streets and homes, then bounced across the globe by satellites floating in the atmosphere. Spam bots and malware, encryption data, analysis of YouTube uploads and text messages.."

Purchase Now at WANNAMARCHI.CLUB: https://wannamarchi.bandcamp.com/album/ ... nstability

Will soon also be available at:
TESCO (Germany)
Boomkat (UK)
Forced Exposure (USA)
Waltz (Japan)
+ more to come..
By wannamarchi.club

BBC4 Ravenmaster - In Memoriam - OUT NOW

Edition of 50
Pro-dubbed C11 clear cassette
Poppy Appeal lapel inc.

Broken Britain Cassettes returns this Remembrance Day with an appropriately sombre debut release from shadowy composer Ravenmaster. In Memoriam is an elegy for those lost to the great wars of the past as well as present day victims of increasingly obscured and convoluted conflict.

A side, War Memorial, is a mournful classical composition where clean orchestral instrumentation recalls the soundtracks of epic war films. Like the sites it is named after, the piece is soaked with the majestic devastation of world scale combat. The more intimate Poppy Appeal moves sideways in composition and concept. Within collaged elements and corroded, vaporous textures, Ravenmaster’s weeping strings swim around a spectral female voice appearing through the mist of radio waves.

Solemn and evocative, the latest missive from Broken Britain Cassettes continues the project whilst pushing at its perimeter and pulling on its heart strings.

Listen/purchase at wannamarchi.club: https://goo.gl/s8Pj1N.

By wannamarchi.club

The second episode of CLEAR CHANNEL, the new monthly wannamarchi.club show on CAMP Radio is now available to stream and download.

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/wannamarchi-club ... channel-ii

Popol Vuh - On The Way (Spalax)
Deathprod - Treetop Drive 3 (Smalltown Supersound)
Saturn and the Sun - The Central, Sick and Forbidden (iDEAL Recordings)
Non - Fire In The Organism (Mute)
Boëthius - Marble Floors (Unreleased)
Verge - Transient (Avian)
Marcus Fjellström - Something Comes From Nothing (Miasmah)
Phurpa - Puja Offering and Praises (Ideologic Organ)
Robert Turman & Aaron Dilloway - Untitled (Fabrica)
Radiante Pourpre - II (Antinote)
Coil - The Golden Section (Threshold House)
Ravenmaster - Poppy Appeal (Broken Britain Cassettes)
Drew McDowall - Convulse (Dais)
Black Zone Myth Chant - Orbit Slut (Editions Gravats)
SHALT - Hypermalthusian (Astral Plane Recordings)
Psychic TV - Part IV (Cold Spring)
Mike Cooper - The Ordeal (Sacred Summits)
Evan Albam - Begotten (Worthless Recordings)
Angel Dust - Excavatum (Dinzu Artefacts)
Michael Abels - Surgery Prep (Back Lot Music)
Nokuit - Patterns Of Instability (NKT)
Cristobal Tapia De Veer - Standing Dead (Death Waltz Recording Company)
Dead Can Dance - Dawn Of The Iconoclast (4AD)
Scuba Death - Mortality Salience (Further Records)
Arca - Immortal (Not on label)
British Murder Boys - First (Downwards)
Ron Morelli - Cross Waters (Hospital Productions)
Ray Harman - Vision (Not on label)
Last edited by wannamarchi.club on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
I keep clicking these links but not one time have I even come close to winning anything mariachi related. Nor have I seen evidence of anyone else doing so. Strange...