Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
"...Yes vinyl! Remastered, and featuring new artwork and liner notes, our vinyl releases will encompass all the values we bring to our DVD and Blu-ray releases. Following the recent Pieces translucent red vinyl with the Deluxe boxset, we will be releasing more soundtracks from films in our catalogue, including Roberto Nicolosi’s score for Black Sunday and Stelvio Cipriani’s Death Walks on High Heels, plus also some films that are yet to be announced for Arrow Video that we won’t spoil for the moment…"

Source: http://arrowvideodeck.blogspot.com.tr/2 ... uture.html
By J.R.
This news makes me happy. IKn a perfect world, 88 Films would find a way to do the same!

Who wouldn't want the soundtrack to Arcade, or Dr Mordred?
By ChrisMcQueen007
Sounds promising. Was not too interested in another Pieces release but they seem to be working on some unreleased black gold (love Cipriani's High Heels) which of course is nice. Makes sense from their perspective, too, as when they have the films restored they can directly release the score themselves (rather than letting someone else having a go at the source material).
By Purplemule74
It appears to me the We Release Whatever... release offered more goodies at nearly half the price. I'm looking forward to other Arrow releases, but I have to pass on this one.
By inksb

Arrows newest release.

Death Smiles on a Murder by Berto Pisano
ARROW RECORDS present the original soundtrack to Joe D'Amato's haunting and dreamlike Italian horror film DEATH SMILES ON A MURDERER.

Previously unpublished on vinyl, BERTO PISANO’s score is a diverse selection of captivating compositions which moves from achingly beautiful love themes (which tastefully employ strings, trumpet and EDDA DELL’ORSO’s ethereal vocals) to darkly morbid suspense cues augmented with off-kilter percussion and fuzz guitar.

This double gold vinyl edition, limited to 1000 units, has been newly mastered from the original analogue tapes by JAMES PLOTKIN and is presented on 180 gram wax, housed inside a 350 gsm sleeve. Featuring newly commissioned artwork by GILLES VRANCKX, and accompanying liner notes by STEPHEN THROWER.

*Death Smiles on a Murderer is available from Arrow Video on Blu-ray in the UK on May 21 and US May 22*
By NathanLurker
I have yet to pick up any of their vinyl releases, but they're on my wishlist. Soon. I need at the very least, Caltiki, Death Walks on High Heels, Autopsy and this new one.
By deafmetal
NathanLurker wrote:I have yet to pick up any of their vinyl releases, but they're on my wishlist. Soon. I need at the very least, Caltiki, Death Walks on High Heels, Autopsy and this new one.
Ditto, any reports on mastering and pressing quality?
By inksb
I haven't seen any issues, some of the folks I follow on instagram seem pretty happy (Twoheaded Dog, TG, the guys from Rendevous LA, Alfonso and Lethal Ethan) so I have pretty high expectations. I'm going to grab all the ones that @NathanLurker mentioned but at $35 + shipping they are pretty much just sitting on my wishlist until I have some extra expendable cash.
By NathanLurker
I recently acquired the ARROW edition of Pieces because it was on sale and I'm thinking of slowly catching up on their releases, and I noticed that it has a different tracklisting than the WRWTFWW version !

The WRWTFWW vesion has placed the 3 single tracks (Stephen Ham & Alain Leroux -Up Country / Fabio Frizzi -Cocktail Molotov & Enrico Pieranunzi & Silvano Chimenti - I Love Blondes) right at the beginning and then placed all Carlo Maria Cordio tracks , followed by all Stelvio Cipriani tracks.

on the ARROW edition, tracks have been placed in, I assume, the order that they play in the movie. But more importantly, it has TWO additional tracks : Un' ombra nell' ombra M21 BIS & Un' ombra nell' ombra - Alt. Versions. I believe these two tracks are also available on Four Flies release of ''Un Ombra Nell' Ombra''.

so, other than having a different music flow/experience and having a different artwork, I guess the only advantage of the WRWTFWW version is that it's found for cheaper in stores and online.
By inksb
Thanks for posting this. It spurred me to find a copy, initially I was looking for the WRWTFWW version but Zavvi US had the Arrow LP on sale for $17.99 so I snagged that. I haven't listened to the OST in ages.
By NathanLurker
NEW ARROW RECORDS TITLE: The Etruscan Kills Again (Orange)

Something of a hidden gem in the discography of RIZ ORTOLANI, a celebrated composer whose masterful musical scoring immeasurably enhanced many top tier Italian shockers

Pre-order your copy: https://bit.ly/2zRUg6Q
Release date: August 31st

ARROW RECORDS present the original soundtrack to ARMANDO CRISPINO’S gory and unusual archaeology themed giallo THE ETRUSCAN KILLS AGAIN, a film also known by its US theatrical release title THE DEAD ARE ALIVE. Previously unpublished on vinyl, this is something of a hidden gem in the discography of RIZ ORTOLANI, a celebrated composer whose masterful musical scoring immeasurably enhances such top tier Italian shockers as CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, DON’T TORTURE A DUCKING and HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK.

Here Ortolani provides a gloriously romantic main theme, distinguished by sweeping strings and plaintive piano, whilst elsewhere the soundtrack ventures into anxiety inducing suspense cues, bittersweet ballads, and even a freewheeling jazz workout.

[The] translucent orange vinyl edition is limited to 300 copies. The recording has been newly mastered from the original analogue tapes by JAMES PLOTKIN and is presented on 180 gram wax, housed inside a 350gsm sleeve. Featuring newly commissioned artwork by SEAN PHILLIPS and accompanying film notes by GUY BARTELL of BRONNT INDUSTRIES KAPITAL.

[The] translucent red and black splatter vinyl edition is limited to 200 copies and comes with 5 lobby cards. The recording has been newly mastered from the original analogue tapes by JAMES PLOTKIN and is presented on 180 gram wax, housed inside a 350gsm sleeve. Featuring newly commissioned artwork by SEAN PHILLIPS and accompanying film notes by GUY BARTELL of BRONNT INDUSTRIES KAPITAL.

SIDE 1
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 1 - titoli)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 2)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 3)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 4)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 5)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 6)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 7)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 8)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 9)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 10)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 11)

SIDE 2
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 12)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 13)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 14)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 15)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 16)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 17)
L’Etrusco uccide ancora (Seq. 18)
By NathanLurker
NathanLurker wrote:Guys, Arrow are releasing select titles (EDIT: actually it's all of the 7 previously released titles except ''etruscan'') from their previous releases on black wax. Some have alternate artwork. and most notably, they are cheaper :

https://arrowfilms.com/shop/?pi=1&f=vinyl

also, they're taking the preorders for Pensione Paura
By inksb
New title announced

https://arrowfilms.com/product-detail/w ... inyl/AR010

ARROW RECORDS present STELVIO CIPRIANI’S original soundtrack to WHIRLPOOL, the titillating terror-film debut of Spanish-born horror auteur José Ramón Larraz (SYMPTOMS, VAMPYRES).

A pleasingly grim and low budget film, WHIRLPOOL tells the sleazy tale of a young model who becomes ensnared at a secluded country home by a pervy photographer and his aunt. The sordid goings-on are given an unexpected lift by a typically grandiose and classy score from STELVIO CIPRIANI, a prodigious Italian composer whose tasteful musical scoring enhances numerous gialli, horror films and westerns, and who worked with directors such as MARIO BAVA, UMBERTO LENZI, JOE D’AMATO and RUGGERO DEODATO. Here he delivers a series of sumptuous arrangements by turns sultry, romantic, moody and threatening.

This clear vinyl edition is limited to 500 copies. The recording has been newly mastered from the original analogue tapes by JAMES PLOTKIN and is presented on 180 gram wax housed inside a 350gsm sleeve. Featuring newly commissioned artwork by GILLES VRANCKX and accompanying liner notes by STEPHEN THROWER.
Looks pretty sweet. I'm not familiar with the film or the soundtrack but my interest is piqued.
By havershaw
Does anyone know anything about the Pensione Paura release?
I had it pre-ordered from EAS so I’m out of luck there, but I’m noticing that it doesn’t seem to have a Discogs entry, unless I’m totally dumb and somehow it has eluded me.
I found a couple of of UK sellers selling them on eBay, but it’s weird to me that Discogs has no entry (and I tried just searching all Arrow releases and I don’t see it).
Did it come out?
By NathanLurker
Yeah the discogs entries take a while to be added by a fan for their releases. It's like no one wants to bother creating an entry and Arrow don't do it themselves. The label page is HERE and Pensione Paura is not yet added. It's also missing Whirlpool. I ordered both directly from the Arrow website. they shipped in separate packages. I received Pensione already..like 1 or 2 weeks ago, and Whirlpool is on the way.