Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By blastman
So this looks very interesting, a new soundtrack label that seem to be going all out in terms of quality for their releases:

https://store.stylotone.com/

First two releases, Trapped Nerve & Khartoum) are available for pre-order and look pretty damn good. This label seems intent on working with Bernard Hermann's estate in particular, might we finally see a Psycho release worthy of the score and the movie?

(I Have no affiliation with this company, just excited!)
By texasvinyl
$80 shipped, looks great but definitely gonna pass on that kind of crazy price. Maybe the prices will come down to earth, would definitely check it out then.
By ScoJo
Looks to be very nicely done reissue, but nuts prices.

(So 7"s can be £10 now? I'm glad I don't buy them!)

The score is superb, Herrmann firing on all cylinders!!
By deafmetal
Would love a copy of Twisted Nerve, but that is very expensive. The credits list for the production process seems to try to justify some of it, but still feels a bit too expensive for a single 45rpm 12" (and CD, etc.).
By static14
Twisted nerve is tempting but too pricey. Maybe LITA or someone else will import these at a more reasonable price.

Khartoum is a really weird choice. You can snag sealed originals for under $5
By chiefbrody
Agree on the pricing, as nice as the deluxe looks. I tend to avoid 7"s - I just can't justify the value for money most of the time when I can often get an album for less than the price of two 7"s.

A couple of places online have them for around £8 (standard, not deluxe!), which might be more reasonable for some. E.g. Piccadilly.
By deafmetal
static14 wrote:Wonder if they'll be carrying the complete album as well?
Since Transmission only had the 7" in stock, perhaps not? Seems weird they would distro the 7" and not the 12" OST.
By Mateo Sanboval
Twisted nerve is a killer score, but those prices are a laugh.
By Mateo Sanboval
So I've read the descriptions for both full scores a couple of times now and a few things strike me odd. One, they are definitely going "all out" on these packages, but maybe too much so. No one is clamoring for a widow's signature on a COA. A COA of what? That the record was sourced legally? The 40 pound price tag should tell you that it was yet some COA and a poster don't justify said cost. Second, for as proud, yet oddly vague, as they are about where and with what "1960s equipment" these LPs were cut, I'm surprised they aren't offering at least a small number of black vinyl editions for people that really care about the fidelity. Even if I wanted to drop that kind of cashish, the splatter effect makes me think twice about doing so; especially from a new label. Lastly, why are there no sound samples for the uninitiated? And no tracklistings? It's a bit like buying fair trade, grain free, organic, grass fed, shade grown, ethically sourced, locally raised, humanely slaughtered beef for $30 a pound. Sounds great, but how does it taste? Listen, there's a lot to like here as well. The scores themselves, the liner notes, the new music, etc. It just seems a bit like these were made more for vinyl collectors rather than soundtrack enthusiasts. Or at least they are being marketed that way. I will hope for the best and be looking forward to reviews on here from folks whose opinions I trust.
By Bezulsqy
I do like how the say it contains 75 minutes of music across the three different formats. That would mean about 25 minutes of unique stuff? Or am I misinterpreting this?
By blue15
TWISTED NERVE track titles & details from the Super Deluxe Edition website below. Also listed are the tracks titles from KHARTOUM, and quite a few score fan comments on both. Roger Feigleson, a producer with Intrada, posted that Stylotone and these releases are entirely legit (from the Film Score Monthly message board):

"Let's be fair...nothing got yanked from Intrada. We weren't able to work out a license on Twisted Nerve after a couple of years of trying. And while we discussed Marnie with Universal numerous times, we didn't get a formal commitment from them and while I'm not privy to the deal on Marnie, it clearly was something attractive to Universal. I have no ill will on anything, it's just the way the business flows sometimes. Although of course we'd have loved to do these titles."

Side 1
1.Main Titles
2.The Detective
3.Henry Complains*
4.Twisted Nerve (Jazz Version)
5.Second Meeting
6.Martin’s Anger
7.The Mirror
8.The Letter
9.Georgie
10.Washing-up
11.Playing Cards
12.Psychopathia Sexualis / Hot Chocolate
13.The Rocking Horse
14.The Scissors / Peeping Georgie / Leaving the House
15.The Murder / Henry’s Dead
16.Georgie’s Nightmare / Just Lie Still* / Ready and Willing*
17.The Body
18.Twisted Nerve (Pop version)

Side 2
1.Swimming / Drowning
2.Getting Dressed / Flowers I / The Kiss*
3.Flowers II / Henry Calls*
4.The Signature
5.The Newspaper
6.The Shed / The Portrait
7.The Dresser / The Axe
8.The Telephone / There Was No Reply / The House / The Front Door
9.The Bedroom / No Bloody Wood / He’s Not A Mongrel / The Struggle
10.The Assault
11.Georgie’s Madness
12.The Cell
13.Finale*

Bonus tracks on CD:
Prelude to Main Titles (Re-Takes)*
Prelude to Main Titles (Alternate)*
Main Titles (Alternate Ending)*
Twisted Nerve (First Jazz Version)*
Second Meeting (Rehearsal)*
Martin’s Anger (Pop Intro)*
Whistle Sessions*

*not used in the film
By static14
Those are gonna be some crazy short cues aren't they? A single LP cut at 45rpm gives you what... Maybe 15 minutes a side if you push it.