Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Good looking out, Spun. Happy for you. Sodium Party is an inspired choice and the pedigree on that new Correlations LP is something else. Mastered by Jon Brooks? Yikes. Huzzahs and kudos all 'round.
By inksb
Sodium Party looks to be a pretty awesome release. I'll definitely be ordering that one. I'll check out those samples for Correlations too see if that's in my wheelhouse.
Correlations sounds *massive* - it's the album sequel to the cassette we put out last year - buzzsaw synths and pretty interweaving melodies - very cinematic sounding, so should please any film score fans...

Just an early heads up for the STBC crew that due to major excitement from social media and retailer partners, these will be going up for pre-order very shortly in advance of Sept release, so 'watch the skies'.

Here's also a better impression of how the package looks with the vinyl. As with the previous tapes, have tried to match the artwork and media.

And did someone whisper.... 'Obi strip'?
Attachments
Aftermath_LP_Mockup.jpg
Aftermath_LP_Mockup.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 5780 times
Sodium_Party_LP_Mockup.jpg
Sodium_Party_LP_Mockup.jpg (897.59 KiB) Viewed 5780 times
By skeletonbutt
Bezulsqy wrote:Got the early-bird bundle!
Me too!

What are your future vinyl plans? Will all upcoming releases get a vinyl version? Will more previously released cassettes get the vinyl treatment?
Great stuff guys - many thanks for picking up the ltd 2x vinyl bundles....!!

For the rest of you, here's the link you need:

https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/a ... -re-master

As regards further vinyl releases, the 3rd is being worked on, and though it's not a re-issue of an older release it does feature an old favourite doing brand new material. Should hopefully be out before the end of the year.

Cheers again!
By ScoJo
Spun out of control wrote:
As regards further vinyl releases, the 3rd is being worked on, and though it's not a re-issue of an older release it does feature an old favourite doing brand new material. Should hopefully be out before the end of the year.

Cheers again!
I have my fingers crossed for it being from a certain Scotch fella, with a penchant for imaginary soundtrackery......
@ScoJo

As my mother always said 'don't go talking about Christmas presents before you've finished playing with the ones you got for your birthday'... :)

Big thanks to everyone supporting our first two vinyl releases - both of which have been specifically mastered for the format and are being cut and pressed by the same place all the big boys use... it goes without saying that your support will enable us to do more, so please share as wide as you can. Cheers (and a thumbs up)!
Spun out of control wrote:Correlations sounds *massive* - it's the album sequel to the cassette we put out last year - buzzsaw synths and pretty interweaving melodies - very cinematic sounding, so should please any film score fans...

Just an early heads up for the STBC crew that due to major excitement from social media and retailer partners, these will be going up for pre-order very shortly in advance of Sept release, so 'watch the skies'.

Here's also a better impression of how the package looks with the vinyl. As with the previous tapes, have tried to match the artwork and media.

And did someone whisper.... 'Obi strip'?
Thanks so much for vinyl releases, grabbed both! I really hope you do more in the future. Would love The Streets Run Red and Street Force 2 and many more!
@skeletonbutt - a quirk of Bandcamp which only seems to provide an instant download for the album shown on the page you order it on - have sent a load of codes out to folks who pre-ordered the 2x vinyl bundle - I'll see if I can ascertain which one is you :)

Or give me a shout direct by clicking on the 'Contact Spun Out Of Control' link on the Bandcamp page - that sends me an email - cheers for picking this up!
Been a long road to get here, but, oh, you absolute beauty

Big thanks again to the talent involved in this initial vinyl release: alongside Neil Hale, TheSimonSound, Toydrum and Jon Brooks/The Advisory Circle

Thanks to all here too on Spin... for the inspiration and encouragement.

Releases 28/09/18.

http://www.spunoutofcontrol.com
Attachments
Correlations Aftermath vinyl copy.jpg
Correlations Aftermath vinyl copy.jpg (520.66 KiB) Viewed 5256 times
By reddye6
Hey Spun, for the digital files of the vinyl releases, are they the same as the ones for the cassette releases? Just seeing if I need to redownload or not. Thanks!
Hi @reddye6

Not 100% sure what's being asked here, but the Sodium Party release has been re-mastered since its original cassette outing from 2016, so you might want to grab the new super duper version in its digital format. :)

The Correlations' album is 100% new material and has never been on cassette (we did release another, different album of his last summer though, which our new vinyl release is a 'sequel' to).

Hope that helps? :)
By reddye6
Hey Spun,

I got an email this morning that Correlations’ “Aftermath” is released, and the digital files are available. When I go to Bandcamp, it says that the link is expired and to send along my email. I have my old download from the cassette, and I wasn’t sure if I should try to get my link reinstated.