Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Quick reminder for fellow tape fiends.... Tomorrow is official release day for Repeated Viewing's Art Imitates OST.... an odyssey of electronic ambience and melancholia that has been compared to sonic adventurists Boards of Canada and the Warp label.

Many thanks to all those who pre-ordered over the past 10 days and are now spinning. Digital download with all copies.

If you've not picked it up yet or want to stream before doing so, head on over to Bandcamp:
https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/a ... t-imitates

Need tempting further? Here's a pic of what the limited turquoise tapes with red leader look like in all their glory...
Attachments
Art Imitates Repeated Viewing soundtrack .jpg
Art Imitates Repeated Viewing soundtrack .jpg (906.05 KiB) Viewed 8294 times
By thedeepness
Saw this on the Orgasmo Sonore Facebook page. Great album. Psyched the cassette will have extra tracks.

Good news my friend ! There will be a cassette release of THEMES INTERNATIONAL, including many of the left over themes not on the LP release (John Carpenter, Stelvio Cipriani, Post-Apocalyptic, etc...). This will also goes with a digital download! The release is produced by Spun Out of Control label with artwork done again by Eric Adrian Lee. Out in September/October.
Check them out for further announcements (they also release other very cool bands)
On Twitter @SpunOutSounds
For Bandcamp it's http://www.spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/
For Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol
By thedeepness
Bezulsqy wrote:Looking forward to that one. Would love to see re-issue of their first LP. Don't have that one yet.
I am with you on this. I asked Frank about this and his response was something like, I am always thinking about the next project moving forward but you never know..
Yeah the first Orgasmo Sonore LP is a goodie... as is the latest. ;)

As a long term fan, thought it was a shame not to put out some of the other 22 or so themes Frank had recorded for the Themes International project left off the Cineploit release - particularly as a lot of those were synth based which ties in very nicely with the Spun label output so far... fortunately Orgasmo Sonore agreed!

So we'll have some remixed, re-recorded and generally beefed up versions to share with you guys. Details to follow when it's all sewn up.

Oh yeah, and in the meantime it's official release day for Art Imitates - grab that tape and Street Force red/black split together today to save on shipping if you haven't already:
Attachments
Repeated Viewing Art Imitates and Street Force tape copy.jpg
Repeated Viewing Art Imitates and Street Force tape copy.jpg (709.62 KiB) Viewed 8263 times
Don't like to blow the ol' trumpet too much but this is pretty cool.... a review of Street Force tape in Starburst magazine by @nuthousepunks and a mention of Art Imitates in their monthly soundtrack column.

Thanks the 'burst! Quite cool to see something in print in a mag I probably first picked up when I was 8 years old.
Attachments
Repeated Viewing Art Imitates copy.jpg
Repeated Viewing Art Imitates copy.jpg (696.27 KiB) Viewed 8111 times
Repeated Viewing Street Force copy.jpg
Repeated Viewing Street Force copy.jpg (798.14 KiB) Viewed 8111 times
It's Miller Time!

So this Friday (Sept 2nd) we are releasing ' W A S P' by Bryce Miller. Very excited about this one. It's a lovely sounding set of tunes... if you like your synth soundtracks ice cold that is!

Here's a video trailer and first look at the tapes (digital download included with all purchases as usual).

Official press release:

Spun Out Of Control is both proud & excited to present the first tape release from fast rising LA-based composer and musician Bryce Miller. Limited to 100 hand-numbered copies worldwide, ‘W A S P’ comprises 12 multi-layered, constantly surprising and moodily evocative tracks for synthesizer and piano, inspired by the Millennium Trilogy of books from acclaimed author Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest). This is, in effect, the soundtrack to those novels.

Once again featuring stunningly appropriate J-card design by Eric Adrian Lee (DeathWaltz/Mondo, Giallo Disco & Wil-Ru Records), Bryce Miller’s W A S P is presented as a mustard-coloured cassette shell with wasp-ish black ink pad printing… thereby evoking the stripe-y critter with a sting in its tail; a description befitting many of the featured tracks. Film score fans, as well as those of superior synth work, are sure to find many new favourites here.

Composer Bryce Miller on ‘W A S P’:

“Author Stieg Larsson’s characters Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist from the Millennium Trilogy are incredibly complex and haunting characters, faced with conflicts both internal and external. With this album I sought to write music for both their characters, as well as the stark frigid climate of Sweden, where the stories take place. The music sounds cold and claustrophobic at times, with icy pads and brooding drones, but is tied together by fragile emotional melodies that float above the dense layers of synth textures. I personally find that listening to music whilst reading elevates the story and its world.”

If you can't wait for Friday, Norman has it up as a pre-order here:
https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... er-w-a-s-p

Cheers!
Attachments
Bryce Miller composer Wasp soundtrack copy.jpg
Bryce Miller composer Wasp soundtrack copy.jpg (616.75 KiB) Viewed 8047 times
By reddye6
Spun out of control wrote:It's Miller Time!

So this Friday (Sept 2nd) we are releasing ' W A S P' by Bryce Miller. Very excited about this one. It's a lovely sounding set of tunes... if you like your synth soundtracks ice cold that is!

Here's a video trailer and first look at the tapes (digital download included with all purchases as usual).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwUQPuyo3zs

Official press release:

Spun Out Of Control is both proud & excited to present the first tape release from fast rising LA-based composer and musician Bryce Miller. Limited to 100 hand-numbered copies worldwide, ‘W A S P’ comprises 12 multi-layered, constantly surprising and moodily evocative tracks for synthesizer and piano, inspired by the Millennium Trilogy of books from acclaimed author Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire & The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest). This is, in effect, the soundtrack to those novels.

Once again featuring stunningly appropriate J-card design by Eric Adrian Lee (DeathWaltz/Mondo, Giallo Disco & Wil-Ru Records), Bryce Miller’s W A S P is presented as a mustard-coloured cassette shell with wasp-ish black ink pad printing… thereby evoking the stripe-y critter with a sting in its tail; a description befitting many of the featured tracks. Film score fans, as well as those of superior synth work, are sure to find many new favourites here.

Composer Bryce Miller on ‘W A S P’:

“Author Stieg Larsson’s characters Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist from the Millennium Trilogy are incredibly complex and haunting characters, faced with conflicts both internal and external. With this album I sought to write music for both their characters, as well as the stark frigid climate of Sweden, where the stories take place. The music sounds cold and claustrophobic at times, with icy pads and brooding drones, but is tied together by fragile emotional melodies that float above the dense layers of synth textures. I personally find that listening to music whilst reading elevates the story and its world.”

If you can't wait for Friday, Norman has it up as a pre-order here:

Cheers!
Will Two-Headed Dog be carrying it?
@reddye6
@frozeneyeball

Thanks in advance for the support guys! Yes, THD will have a handful & should hopefully have their orders up for Friday. Bryce is currently in LA scoring two features as I type, so interest is building. You'll also have heard his track on the excellent SNDTRK comp ;)

As an aside, Transmission tells us it is close to selling out stock of the red/black + turquoise Repeated Viewing cassettes (inc download card). We're also getting low at Spun HQ. So if you've been thinking of record shopping at Margate's finest and throwing a tape into the basket, now could be a good time to do so. Just sayin'
By deafmetal
@Spun - Enjoying the subject matter tie-in to Larsson's books, which I really enjoyed. It will be interesting to see where the music takes me in regard to my experience with the material.

Anybody else finding this label to be somewhat addicting? ;) It also says something for the overall quality of the series.
Thanks @deaf... that's very kind. Am slightly concerned I may be the most addicted of all! :)

As to how the music relates to the subject matter, there is certainly an icy and tense feeling to some of the tracks and there are plenty of musical twists and turns. The great thing I find with listening to Bryce's compositions is that they take you somewhere unexpected and constantly surprise. There is more to discover each time you listen, the synths are very 'full' sounding and there are plenty of earworms in among the tracks...

Cheers to everyone who has picked this up so far!
Thanks again to everyone has grabbed this - response has been off the scale.... Appreciate the support!

Doing a 2nd postal run on Monday - so if you've yet to pick this up and want to check it out over the weekend to be included in the first wave of recipients, head to:

https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/a ... um-trilogy

If you're record shopping and fancy adding a tape to your order you can also do so at Transmission:
http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/w ... ce-miller/

Or Norman's

Whilst for fine folk in the US it's the hair o' the dog:
http://www.twoheadeddog.com/products.ph ... p-Cassette
Attachments
P1012767 copy.jpg
P1012767 copy.jpg (649.26 KiB) Viewed 7912 times
Bryce Miller WASP cassette tape Spun Out Of Control copy.jpg
Bryce Miller WASP cassette tape Spun Out Of Control copy.jpg (805.15 KiB) Viewed 7912 times
Last edited by Spun out of control on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By NMA
Seriously guys, this [Bryce Miller - W A S P] is one of the finest musical atmosphere I've ever listened to. I mean it.

I don't know about you guys but this whole album really speaks to me.

I don't know how many times I listened to "74774 [Idiotic_Table]" in a row. Huge bassline!

A big basket of "thanks" to @Spun out of control for this awesome presentation.
By ScoJo
I have to concur with brother @NMA - highly recommend picking this up, will play samples on the next DFC podcast.

@Spun is really killing it with SOOC releases this year. Like a few other people I know, has pretty much been instrumental in me looking into picking up a decent tape deck again. Goddarnit!! ;)
Many thanks to the 'dream team' of ScoJo and TG for spinning the cogs of Bryce Miller's W A S P tape on Ep61 of the DFC and being so enthused....

Listen in here:
https://soundcloud.com/thedamnfinecast/ ... -fine-cast

Once past the gonzo intro, the whole episode contains some pretty damn fine spins, it has to be said. Cheers chaps!

Bryce Miller tape still available here:
https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/a ... um-trilogy

We're getting LOW on copies of Street Force 2nd run & Art Imitates, so if anyone was waiting to pick those up... don't wait too much longer. Will be movin' on to new stuff next...

A positive result of the whole Brexit debacle is that our tapes seem to be increasingly tempting to the overseas cog-o-phile... ;)