Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Occhionero
SECRET SOUNDTRACK
A monthly vinyl subscription offering you a handpicked soundtrack to your door every month.

Each month's soundrack will be:

- A Worldwide Exclusive
- Pressed on Coloured Vinyl
- Limited to 500
- Never before on Vinyl; A genuine first press!

I will give it a try!
By Aremagod
Intriguing but shipping to the US would probably make me hate myself when I received a soundtrack I didn't like.
By RotzeRR
Couldn't resist and subscribed too :D But I'm not sure, can I cancel after each delivery?
By texasvinyl
I don't know if it is still the case but the last time I ordered from Zavvi the shipping to US was impossibly cheap, only a couple of dollars.

Even still, £25 is almost $40 USD and I think too much to commit to a mystery title. I figure if I balked on the Troll reissue because it was $40+ shipped then I have no business ordering mystery title.

It is intriguing though.
By deathwaltz
Handpicked by who ?

Does the handpicker have a strong tie to the soundtrack world? did the handpicker curate there other exclusives?

Truly shows soundtracks are the hip thing at the moment .

Not knocking this but I do find it slightly bizarre

By Occhionero
To be honest I am not sure. Especially the "never released on vinyl before" thing.

But you can cancel after each month, don't you? And shipping within EU is free.

I need to spread my money :-)

By Occhionero
"My Little Pony. - Part 2" and I am out...
By blue15
Bring on the Mondo soundtrack subscription service!
By deathwaltz
Colour me intrigued ....
By Aremagod
I want a Mondo sub where Spencer curates and hand pours each vinyl.
By blastman
I'll probably give this a go to see what they're releasing. I would have thought the new re-issue of The Fog was a prime candidate as they included a 7" single from it in one of their ZBOXes.

Although that wouldn't meet the "never-before-on-vinyl" part of the deal :)
By NMA
I suspect in the near future we will be getting vinyl soundtracks exclusively produced for and bundled with Toblerone and Schweppes...
By Peek-a-boo
any bonus one sided 12" with this sub?!?!?
By maxlevel
Does anyone have any idea what might be in store? I won't be paying £25 a shot without even a genre. 'Handpicked by us' is like saying the multinational corporate intern has been given some DVDs
By maxvelvet
Zavvi's target with their exclusives it's basically superhero-comics-mainstream stuff so don't expect things like old classic soundtracks... Anyway I think that they will also sell online all the vinyl remained... 500 vinyl subscriptions it's an impossible target even for the "big-sisters" (read OWS,DW,Mondo,WW,..) :)
By Spun out of control
@NMA

Funnily enough, back in the 1980s in the UK, we used to get flexi disks bundled with McCains frozen pizzas... they were always recordings of current pop hits, though not by original artists

So, stranger things have happened! :)
By NMA
@Spun Out Of Control - Really? UK is the ultimate-land, then :)

Pizza or Frizzi or Frizzi to Flexi :D
By Spun out of control
@NMA

We should start an 'if soundtracks/scores were pizzas what would they be?' thread...

Stephen King's Firestarter would be an American Hot, obviously

Cannibal Ferox, perhaps a pulled pork pizza

Zombi with the famous eyeball scene would have to be that one with the egg in the middle you prick with your fork (Capricciossa):

By NMA
@Spun Out Of Control

Awesome :D

The New York Ripper => New York Pizza

Quattro Formaggi => Four Flies on Grey Velvet

By DISCOSUCKS...
From Dusk 'til Dawn= Mexican Meat Feast
Boogie Nights = XL Spicy Sausage
Godzilla = XXXL Hawaiian
By Aremagod
@spun what the hell is an American Hot?
By Spun out of control
@Aremagod... re: 'American Hot', it's what they call here in the UK the pizza with the extra pepperoni and jalapeño peppers :)

See below:

Great suggestions @disco & @NMA!

Anyway... Zavvi, yes interesting idea but like others here have stated I guess they will be concentrating on the more populist blockbuster type releases? Can't see them releasing something that Finders Keepers might put out.
By Voodoo_Jim
Being as I see no other soundtracks listed on their site, nor (as previously stated) any indication of WHO is curating this selection - I'll pass as well until I see what their releases look like. Especially after the $$$ I've spent with Mondo/Death Waltz this week...
By BurningTapes
Zavvi do sell some limited vinyl like Waxwork and OWS but you have to type in "vinyls" in to the search bar to find it! UGGGHHH!
By Hardrain02
They might be "never before on vinyl" as they are brand new movies and Zavvi will cover all the current and future summer blockbusters. Especially if they could get an exclusive colour way deal with someone like Music on Vinyl "At the Movies" team.

Still seems really odd to not even tease any of the releases for potential subscribers. Hopefully there will be more info before the first one drops.