Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:
Dollarhyde wrote:Would hopefully be up for this, when would this be UK time?
Also need to check if the movie is available to stream in the UK.
Dosnt look like it. It’s not even on iTunes for rental
As the film is public domain, theres both original vhs and restored widescreen 1080 blu rips up on YT.
Rendezvous are screening from the blu that i sent them so thats the one!

If we get enough takers i will start a seperate sync thread and post all links etc :D?

Who's in? Quote this post n add yr sig!
By Bezulsqy
Unfortunately I cannot make this sync screening. I do have a digital copy for those interested. PM me your email and I'll transfer you the 1,2 GB .mkv file.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote:
maxlevel wrote:
Dollarhyde wrote:Would hopefully be up for this, when would this be UK time?
Also need to check if the movie is available to stream in the UK.
Dosnt look like it. It’s not even on iTunes for rental
As the film is public domain, theres both original vhs and restored widescreen 1080 blu rips up on YT.
Rendezvous are screening from the blu that i sent them so thats the one!

If we get enough takers i will start a seperate sync thread and post all links etc :D?

While the film is in public domain, you can watch and screen it publicly. The Code Red blu restoration is not in public domain. If people can get a hold of the bluray (Code Red is a pain in the ass to buy from at times) it's the best way to view it.

This falls into the same thing with Night of the Living Dead. Criterions restoration is not public domain, if you screen that version technically you need to get permission.

Not sure what I'm doing Friday night but I may pop in and join for a bit.
By deafmetal
ScoJo wrote:If we get enough takers i will start a seperate sync thread and post all links etc :D?

@ScoJo - Are you trying to match the 8pm PST time here on the west coast? If so, I'm totally down.
By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote:
ScoJo wrote:If we get enough takers i will start a seperate sync thread and post all links etc :D?

@ScoJo - Are you trying to match the 8pm PST time here on the west coast? If so, I'm totally down.
I reckon so! Makes sense, and that's a nice civilised 4am over here haha!

Here's the link for a couple of online versions- top one is the 1080 which will sync with the Rendezvous screening, the other is the cropped VHS version with the opening song - may be some run time/speed discrepancy on that one, but hey- you decide!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNQJ8BDMgOk
https://archive.org/details/MessiahofEvil_avi
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:My messiah of evil pack arrived, I need some time alone with it in a dark room
Messiah.jpg
Messiah.jpg (121.16 KiB) Viewed 5744 times
By ScoJo
Heyhey-

So expressions of innerest from
@Dollarhyde
@mateo
@inksb
and @deafmetal

Okydoky, then worth doing say I! Anyone else fancies dropping by for an impromptu sync screening of the 1973 ghoul classic MESSIAH OF EVIL, I'll set up a thread now and put all relevant start times/links to view etc. I'll be attempting a live tweet-thing too, many windows open on many devices! ;)

Scodj
By ScoJo
Lovely launch/screening last night at RENDEZVOUS LA- even though I only attended (til the very end) via the power of Skype, still knackered today. But, you know...a good knackered.

US peeps- Two Headed Dog are now sold out of their allocation of the deluxe MESSIAH OF EVIL 7", but we still have copies in our webstore- £13.99 with £10.70 to the US. Sorry it's on the high side guys, we really have done everything we can to keep it down. 2HD's stock went really fast- surprised us all!

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com ... eluxe-7-ep

* NB: This record will make you more attractive to others, but is not intended to replace all other methods of self improvement.
By Bezulsqy
Wanted to wait with this post until I have received my own copy of Messiah of Evil to counter the Paypal woes.

Nothing against @ScoJo or Ondes Positives at all. They can't do anything about this and they didn't do anything wrong. On the contrary they were very helpful in getting my order fulfilled.

Some time before the drop on Friday I was ready and to jump on the test press film can. The moment it was released added it to my bag an paid through paypal. By default I have no paypal balance but have funds transferred from my bank account with my credit card as a backup. I have never had any issues this way.
After completing the payment I got this error message on the order page of Ondes Positives. Because the error occurred there I thought I might have something to do with a lot of people trying to buy the same thing at the same time.
So I tried again. And again. And again.
I really wanted that film can :-)
I changed payment on one try to take the money from my credit card in stead of from my bank account. Same error.
And again.

I was still thinking that not one of my payments went through. Minutes later I see 7 mails from paypal in my inbox that said that my payments have been on hold.
@ScoJo already explained why.

The above happened on Februari 2nd. On the 4th I get the message from paypal that my payments are rejected and I will get a refund.
The one payment I made with my credit card got charged immediately on the 2nd and refunded on the 4th. The funds for the 6 other payments were taken out of my bank account on the 6th. And the refund is still pending.... on the 13th.
I just got of the phone with Paypal. They told me I will get an update in the next 24 hours. They wait with refunding money until they funds have arrived from my bank account. They say it takes 6 business days for this to happen. At that time they will refund the money to my paypal balance.
After that I can transfer the funds again to my bank account.

Anyways. Writing this I got it out of my system. And today or tomorrow I probably will receive my highly anticipated Messiah of Evil order. Can't wait to put on the white gloves and finger my can.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:Can't wait to put on the white gloves and finger my can.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:Wanted to wait with this post until I have received my own copy of Messiah of Evil to counter the Paypal woes.

Nothing against @ScoJo or Ondes Positives at all. They can't do anything about this and they didn't do anything wrong. On the contrary they were very helpful in getting my order fulfilled.

Some time before the drop on Friday I was ready and to jump on the test press film can. The moment it was released added it to my bag an paid through paypal. By default I have no paypal balance but have funds transferred from my bank account with my credit card as a backup. I have never had any issues this way.
After completing the payment I got this error message on the order page of Ondes Positives. Because the error occurred there I thought I might have something to do with a lot of people trying to buy the same thing at the same time.
So I tried again. And again. And again.
I really wanted that film can :-)
I changed payment on one try to take the money from my credit card in stead of from my bank account. Same error.
And again.

I was still thinking that not one of my payments went through. Minutes later I see 7 mails from paypal in my inbox that said that my payments have been on hold.
@ScoJo already explained why.

The above happened on Februari 2nd. On the 4th I get the message from paypal that my payments are rejected and I will get a refund.
The one payment I made with my credit card got charged immediately on the 2nd and refunded on the 4th. The funds for the 6 other payments were taken out of my bank account on the 6th. And the refund is still pending.... on the 13th.
I just got of the phone with Paypal. They told me I will get an update in the next 24 hours. They wait with refunding money until they funds have arrived from my bank account. They say it takes 6 business days for this to happen. At that time they will refund the money to my paypal balance.
After that I can transfer the funds again to my bank account.

Anyways. Writing this I got it out of my system. And today or tomorrow I probably will receive my highly anticipated Messiah of Evil order. Can't wait to put on the white gloves and finger my can.
What can I say? Utter shit-show on behalf of the entirely crapulent Paypal.

(Do you know what their 'operatives' told us on the night? That it had 'nothing to do with them', and it must be OUR BANK which was rejecting the orders. Despite the fact that, as we all know, as a seller your bank has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BUYER TRANSACTION UNTIL THE FUNDS ACTUALLY CLEAR PAYPAL/ARE HEADED FOR YOUR ACCOUNT.)

Total fucktards. And you wouldn't fucking believe the mountain of additional admin/headache this caused us. What should have been a celebration turned into a giant ball of fire-fighting (with lingering repercussions...).

I have renewed my determination to look into safe, less fuck-tard-ey merchant services than PP. I've just been lazy so far, and that's how the cunts win, right?

And.......like @Bez himself, that's all out of my system and I am going to make a lovely strong Sumatran Java blend while listening to the Down Twisted OST for the 900th time this week. (Seriously guys, it's in many ways like a lost mid-80s Tangerine Dream score, but with crap synth brass! :)))
Last edited by ScoJo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By maxlevel
Fuckin nightmare guys, such a load of crap. Actually, in terms of payment processing a argument with PayPal 4 years ago led me to research bitcoin for the first time. I’m not suggesting any business use it, it’s a total joke in business terms, but they have to realise people just want to exchange money for goods and services.

Twats
By inksb
Received my copy yesterday. It is a beautiful piece. I think it's the heaviest weight 7" I own, it's rigid as hell. The packaging is beautiful, printed wonderfully. I know this is simple but I love the screen print on the plastic bag with the title and credits. Only to take out the jacket just to see the artwork. Very effective and excellent design. Thanks for the release.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote:Received my copy yesterday. It is a beautiful piece. I think it's the heaviest weight 7" I own, it's rigid as hell. The packaging is beautiful, printed wonderfully. I know this is simple but I love the screen print on the plastic bag with the title and credits. Only to take out the jacket just to see the artwork. Very effective and excellent design. Thanks for the release.
Dude....thank you so much. Humbled. :)
By EvanCampbell
Arrived...can't wait to spin this later.

Just at a brief glance, the creative packaging and details are off the charts!
messiah.jpg
messiah.jpg (184.68 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
By EvanCampbell
True... kind of makes this stand out a bit more.
You can really tell the love for the material by the smart, creative choices for the packaging.
This is a special one for me being a huge fan of this film.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:If the big labels paid as much attention to detail as Scott we’d all be so f’ing spoiled.
Fact not opinion.