Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By DISCOSUCKS...
Positives People.

So now that I've mentioned our first release on the Damn Fine Podcast, thought I'd start a thread. We'll be doing our full reveal of THE MASK - SOUNDTRACKS here on the Spin forum, because I know there will be people on here who will dig it. Well...I really hope so anyway!

Short bit of background.

ONDES POSITIVES is myself (Scott Johannsson) and Nick Sales. We've both been in many bands, arts collectives and our own projects, including the band PRAM (Domino Records) which we've each been members of at one time or another. The label is primarily for releasing any recordings by our joint musical project LARVA. The first release, THE MASK - SOUNDTRACKS (1961 / 2013) is the first ever release of a cult Canadian 3D horror film soundtrack, a pioneering early electronic work, backed with LARVA's own live re-score which we performed at film festivals in 2013. Other re-scores have included Chris Marker's science fiction masterpiece LA JETEE (1962) and Peter Fonda's lost cult dystopian sci-fi flick IDAHO TRANSFER (1973). We will also be releasing some non-soundtrack material at some point.

We're definitely considering future soundtrack releases, and our focus will always be on early/unreleased electronic scores, and lost or obscure cult film titles.

Thanks for listening guys!

Ondes Positives

By lazyben
Finally!

All the samples I've heard of your stuff have been great so glad to finally see a finished product getting near. I'm definitely in.

Now when is the US tour?
By Little Walter
Here . . just take all of my money.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Aw thanks Ben, it's great to be able to finally talk about it haha.

US tour......hmmmmm.........
By DISCOSUCKS...
@Little Walter - we'll happily swap you a little bit for something really cool? ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
Thanks guys!

@Spun - I see you have your own thang launching soon too.....very cool!
By tonyandrewgiles
I so happy this is finally happening for SJ, the man has become like a brother to me and I'm so excited you guys will be able to see and hear everything he's got planned.

Onwards to Valhalla!!
By Ondes Positives
Hello!

(and....thank you, brother @TAG)
By phantomnoir
@Vi-res, it's French. Ondes Positives means Positive waves, hence their logo.
By sonnydexter
can you dig it ... yes I can :)

fantastic work!

Check out the Video page .. freakin awesome stuff.
By static14
Really looking forward to your releases. Break a leg @Disco!
By Ondes Positives
@static - thank you ma brutha. We have no idea where this train is headed...but there's plenty of room in the buffet car for like-minded diners ;) TOOT TOOT!!!
By strangedisc
The Mask is such a crazy flick. This will be cool!
By eleazar
I´d love to hear some samples but I think I have gone blind....I cannot find any samples at all.Would love to hear some of your work...
By Ondes Positives
Hi @eleazar

We're going to reveal the artwork here soon, as well as some sound samples. It's coming!

Thanks for your interest :D
By soundtracks of fear
Hey disco/Scott all the best with the new adventure. I look forward to hearing and seeing what's coming along next, you busy man you! ;) Also the DFP is essential!
By Ondes Positives
@dagar - big thanks my man. Really appreciate the enthusiasm here on the board...was always going to be my go-to place for doing the initial reveal. My peeps here rock! :D