Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ChrisMcQueen007
Bezulsqy wrote: Nice interview. Made me miss hearing you on the DFC.
Also for some reason you remind me of Stephen Merchant. No idea why. My mind sees a resemblance based on internet clips.
[/quote]

Yup, but was nice hearing ScoJo on Ep. 100 of the DFC.
By inksb
LOL. Talk about not putting 2 and 2 together. I listened to the DFC on and off for the first year or so it was up, then got busy and returned later when it was just TG. Always wondered what happened to the other guy......sometimes you just don't realize shit.
By lazyben
While I’m all for supporting Scott’s burgeoning career as a multimedia mogul I was somewhat conflicted on this one seeing as I refuse to buy cassettes or digital. But seeing asI am a sucker for some fancy packaging and these sorts of sounds I just bought a darkroom edition from 2hd.

p.s what I really like with these rescores is to get the movie with the new score without me having to sync it all myself. Wink wink.
By ScoJo
lazyben wrote: p.s what I really like with these rescores is to get the movie with the new score without me having to sync it all myself. Wink wink.
*wink wink* back at you, then squire ;)
By ScoJo
Cool of you guys to tune in, thanks for that. Honestly, I was almost more tired than Ive ever been in my life doing that show- I couldnt tell you what I was going on about, ha!
By Bezulsqy
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote: Nice interview. Made me miss hearing you on the DFC.
Also for some reason you remind me of Stephen Merchant. No idea why. My mind sees a resemblance based on internet clips.
Yup, but was nice hearing ScoJo on Ep. 100 of the DFC.[/quote]

I haven't listened to the DFC in a long time. Will make time for number 100 !
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:Finally got these framed!

*feels*

May the Divine Edgar watch over you and yours...evermore.

(And may Joy Bang always keep your popcorn box re-filled ;)
By ScoJo
Amigos...

We're excited to have a limited amount of the debut LP by the band HORSE FEATHERS now up in our store, featuring Ondes/LARVA jefe Scott Johannsson on all manner of keyboards.

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com ... sefeathers
Horse Feathers LP Pic 2.jpg
Horse Feathers LP Pic 2.jpg (566.33 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
EL BENDITO Y EL MALDITO \ Horse Feathers
£17.99
Riding out of a dust-strewn one-horse town with malice in their eyes and ice-cold whiskey for blood, HORSE FEATHERS debut album delivers ten cinematic tales of lost cowboys, damaged Señoritas and honeymoon killers.
With their distorted guitar-led Americana augmented by cello, trumpet, Spanish guitars and organ/synths, Horse Feathers hail from the US and UK (by way of Morricone, Calexico, Pixies and The Bad Seeds...)
Featuring members of Roadkill, The Godfathers, The Black Bombers, Fine Young Cannibals and Ondes Positives/LARVA's own Scott Johannsson smiting the keyboards.
From moody desert-twang to Tex-Mex junk - country music for people who live in cities!

Released in 2018 on Polar Bear Records

10 Track 12" Vinyl Album
Limited Edition of 300 copies
180 gram Virgin Black Vinyl
Textured Art Board Sleeve
4-page Insert
Playing Cards
Download Code
By ScoJo
DANGER: DIABOLIK OST now in our Ondes Positives webstore, limited stock availble for UK/Europe at a great price!

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com
Danger Diabolik 1.jpg
Danger Diabolik 1.jpg (830.22 KiB) Viewed 4505 times
- 11 Track Album
- Limited Edition of 500
- Translucent Blue Vinyl
- Digital Download Card

LISTEN
https://soundcloud.com/ondespositives/s ... r-diabolik

Here at O/P we are huge fans of NYC film re-score maestros Morricone Youth, and are thrilled to bring you their latest LP release. We're also are giving away a unique Test Pressing Edition of the album to celebrate, details below...

The latest in a series of limited vinyl editions on Country Club Records, the band's score for Mario Bava's cult 1968 Italian comic-book action film Danger:Diabolik features killer versions of Ennio Morricone's original songs, as well as some blistering cues of their own.

The original soundtrack is much sought after- the master tapes were infamously lost in a studio fire, and it has only ever been available as an unofficial CD which includes dialogue and effects. It's one of Il Maestro's very best from his 60s Mondo period, and a true Holy Grail.

From the dangerously laid-back title theme 'Deep Down' (with breathless vocal matching that of Italian ye-ye singer Christy) to bangers like 'Valmont's Go-Go Pad' & 'Under Wah-Wah', Morricone Youth have delivered a version of this soundtrack which honours the fuzz-guitar-and-sitar-laden original, whilst adding a heady dose of their own soundtrack magic.

We are also carrying limited stock of the previous two Morricone Youth LPs at a very special low price, MAD MAX and SUNRISE: A Song of Two Humans.

To celebrate this awesome release, we have a unique Test Pressing Edition of Danger:Diabolik to give away at random to anyone who orders a Morricone Youth LP this week - competition ends at Midnight GMT on November 5th!
This version will feature bespoke packaging by O/P artist Scott Johannsson, similar to the edition he created previously for 'Night Of The Living Dead'.

Cheers!

ScoJo
[ondes positives]
By ScoJo
Heads up:

We've extended our competition deadline until Friday 9th Nov, 5pm. Same rules - any order of Morricone Youth LP this week
will enter draw to win unique test press edition. Here's a sneak peak at a mockup of the front sleeve, which features embossed leather Diabolik mask, die cut eyes and OBI strip!
Danger Diabolik Test Press Mockup FRONT.jpg
Danger Diabolik Test Press Mockup FRONT.jpg (694.37 KiB) Viewed 4466 times
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:What about a subscription?
I don't think it would work with us tbh- we only put stuff out when we 'get excited'/the stars align... it would be a frustrating ride for all! Appreciate the sentiment though @max- maybe we'll do one just for you ;) What kind of finish would you like on your pewter O/P whiskey thermos? ;-)
By ScoJo
Here's the finished competition prize for our Morricone Youth giveaway- test pressing housed in one-off sleeve.

I'm really pleased with how this one came out, might be my best work yet- kinda like a black leather version of the Velvets 'Banana Peel' LP sleeve! :)

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Here's the finished competition prize for our Morricone Youth giveaway- test pressing housed in one-off sleeve.

I'm really pleased with how this one came out, might be my best work yet- kinda like a black leather version of the Velvets 'Banana Peel' LP sleeve! :)

I am going on your site now and purchasing the bundle in the hope of winning this. Stunning work @SocJo
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:
I am going on your site now and purchasing the bundle in the hope of winning this. Stunning work @SocJo
This guy ^
By inksb
@Scojo, I would love to get that test pressing, the artwork is incredible. Budgeting is preventing me from ordering at the moment but I did just discover that edsawesomesounds is carrying the LP and it's in stock already! So I will most likely order through them next week when I get paid.
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:Diabolik and mad max arrived just now, setting up the afternoon nicely

Most excellent! Look out for competition winner announce on our soc.mediaz this friday
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:
maxlevel wrote:Diabolik and mad max arrived just now, setting up the afternoon nicely

Most excellent! Look out for competition winner announce on our soc.mediaz this friday
Do yet get multiple entries in the raffle when you purchase 3 albums in stead of the one ....
;-)
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:
ScoJo wrote:

Do yet get multiple entries in the raffle when you purchase 3 albums in stead of the one ....
;-)
Actually....you do :D