Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Morricone Island, and WFMU in general, is terrific! I'll tune in on the morrow. Incidentally, there is a great, great Thursday night program on there called the Explorers Room. The larger focus is exotica and it, much like the aforementioned Morricone Island, is spectacular.
By bpwlogan
Great interview and information on the film, score, and re-score of The Mask on WFMU tonight. I'll be looking to purchase the blu-ray soon. I really love the score and want to see the film. Also, looking forward to the double cassette release of Larva's mystery re-score work.
By ScoJo
Hi folks...

Just a quick heads up - if there's anyone US-based who fancied a copy of The Mask - Soundtracks but hasn't yet picked one up, we've made some of the last copies available to our pals at The Ship To Shore Phono Co. They should have them in stock this week, available to order now with only $5 for domestic shipping:

http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/product ... d-re-score

Thanks!

Scott
[ondes positives]
By ScoJo
Hi Black Circle Spinners...

Ship to Shore have sold out of The Mask - Soundtracks, but fret not if you're US based and still want some psychotronic 60s skronk wrapped up in a deluxe sleeve with loads of extras, in a one-off numbered pressing of 300....it's now available from your friendly neighbourhood online soundtrack store TWO HEADED DOG. Woof woof, nursey!!

These are the very last copies of The Mask, before we unleash more ear damage upon you in the coming months.... ;)

http://www.twoheadeddog.com/the-mask-or ... score-2lp/

Put the mask on now!
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:Hi Black Circle Spinners...

Ship to Shore have sold out of The Mask - Soundtracks, but fret not if you're US based and still want some psychotronic 60s skronk wrapped up in a deluxe sleeve with loads of extras, in a one-off numbered pressing of 300....it's now available from your friendly neighbourhood online soundtrack store TWO HEADED DOG. Woof woof, nursey!!

These are the very last copies of The Mask, before we unleash more ear damage upon you in the coming months.... ;)

http://www.twoheadeddog.com/the-mask-or ... score-2lp/

Put the mask on now!
I like it firm and fruity!!
By ScoJo
Hello pop pickers,

Ondes Positives is very pleased to be the UK/European stockist of the vinyl release of SNDTRK - a compilation of imaginary soundtrack/synth artists both up and coming and established being released by Disco Cinematic (aka Vi-Res). Many of your faves are represented on this reasonably priced 12-track sampler album, from SLASHER FILM FESTIVAL STRATEGY to REPEATED VIEWING to GAVINO MORETTI and WOLFMEN OF MARS, not to mention BRYCE MILLER, VI-RES, and XANDER HARRIS - this is a cracking listen. (Also includes a solo track and art design by...yours truly! ;)
SNDTRK_Pack_Shot_1.jpg
SNDTRK_Pack_Shot_1.jpg (215.09 KiB) Viewed 5724 times
Limited to 300 180g black vinyl LPs worldwide, we'll have a limited amount so first come....first happy!

On sale MONDAY 29th AUGUST at 5pm BST, please spread the word to your like-minded synth freak pals and gals, and help make this artist-focused passion project from down under a roaring success.

May your circles stay black and spinning...

Scott
[ondes positives]

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com/product/sndtrk

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Hello pop pickers,

Ondes Positives is very pleased to be the UK/European stockist of the vinyl release of SNDTRK - a compilation of imaginary soundtrack/synth artists both up and coming and established being released by Disco Cinematic (aka Vi-Res). Many of your faves are represented on this reasonably priced 12-track sampler album, from SLASHER FILM FESTIVAL STRATEGY to REPEATED VIEWING to GAVINO MORETTI and WOLFMEN OF MARS, not to mention BRYCE MILLER, VI-RES, and XANDER HARRIS - this is a cracking listen. (Also includes a solo track and art design by...yours truly! ;)
SNDTRK_Pack_Shot_1.jpg
Limited to 300 180g black vinyl LPs worldwide, we'll have a limited amount so first come....first happy!

On sale MONDAY 29th AUGUST at 5pm BST, please spread the word to your like-minded synth freak pals and gals, and help make this artist-focused passion project from down under a roaring success.

May your circles stay black and spinning...

Scott
[ondes positives]

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com/product/sndtrk

Very nice! I will have me some of that!
By ScoJo
Heyhey

Amendment to the ON SALE date for the SNDTRK lp from our store - will be going live tomorrow, Friday 26th, at 12pm BST.
Priced at £18.99, all UK/European pop pickers welcome.

First 20 orders will be entered in a lottery for a chance to win a test pressing housed in a ONE-OFF, unique gatefold sleeve designed and hand cut by yours truly. Includes cut-out window sections, 3D card designs, elements from the original sleeve and actual strips of 16mm celluloid!
SNDTRK Test Press 1.jpg
SNDTRK Test Press 1.jpg (220.58 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
SNDTRK Test Press 3.jpg
SNDTRK Test Press 3.jpg (431.26 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
SNDTRK Test Press 2.jpg
SNDTRK Test Press 2.jpg (206.48 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
SNDTRK Test Press 6.jpg
SNDTRK Test Press 6.jpg (492.77 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
By ScoJo
Greetings fiends…

Following the success of our first distributed title SNDTRK from Disco Cinematic, we're thrilled tell you that Ondes Positives will be UK stockist for another killer release aimed at the discerning ghoul...

Join our mailing list to get the jump on this, we'll be carrying limited stock of this release very soon:

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com/contact

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
Original live score to George A.Romero's 1968 zombie classic!
MY1601 Night of the Living Dead album cover - med.jpg
MY1601 Night of the Living Dead album cover - med.jpg (140.62 KiB) Viewed 5608 times
• Limited to 500 copies
• 6-track EP
• Includes digital download card
• Neon green vinyl

MORRICONE YOUTH have been a fixture of the NYC music/film scene since forming in 1999, and have composed/re-interpreted and performed over 100 soundtracks live to film and tv screenings. Beginning a series of vinyl album releases by the band, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD is a superb EP featuring original compositions as well as gnarly, synthed-up covers of iconic library cues from the original soundtrack

Side A

Driveway To The Cemetery (Main Title)

Barbra

Traumatized

Side B

At The Gravesite
Beat 'Em Or Burn 'Em 

Another One For The Fire (End Title)

Devon E. Levins - guitars, percussion, glockenspiel, keyboards 

John Castro - bass, vocals, keyboards

Dan Kessler - keyboards, percussion

Kenny Shaw - drums, percussion

First performance on May 8, 2015 at Nitehawk Cinema, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Engineered and mixed by Quinn McCarthy at The Creamery Studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn in the winter of 2015/2016
Art by Rene Goldberg
By ScoJo
Slight delay with the above distributed release here at Ondes Positives HQ, but should be going up for sale (along with another awesome soundtrack by Morricone Youth) on friday. Will also have news/details of our house band LARVA's imminent first album release!

Stay tuned...
By ScoJo
Hey hey,

They're here! Two fantastic soundtracks by the awesome NYC band MORRICONE YOUTH, just in time for your Hallowe'en needs...plus full details of our next O/P release 'The LARVA Tapes'...

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com/products

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
NOTLD Pack Shot 1.jpg
NOTLD Pack Shot 1.jpg (232.22 KiB) Viewed 5461 times
Original live score to George A.Romero's 1968 zombie classic

• 6-Track LP, 45rpm
• Limited to 500 copies
• 150g Transparent Neon Green Vinyl

MORRICONE YOUTH have been a solid fixture of the NYC music/film scene since forming in 1999, and have composed/re-interpreted and performed over 100 soundtracks live to film screenings.

Beginning a series of vinyl releases by the band, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD is a superb re-score featuring original compositions by the band (led by DEVON LEVINS, host of WFMUs long-running soundtrack show 'Morricone Island') which range from eerie synth/guitar cues to full-on bangers that recall Fantomas in 'Director's Cut' mode. The album also features a couple of gnarly, synthed-up versions of iconic cues from the original library soundtrack.

To celebrate this release, Ondes Positives' artist Scott Johannsson has created a unique, one-off gatefold sleeve housing a test pressing of the album, featuring hand-cut window panes, 3D lettering, hand-painted effects and elements of the original sleeve art. The first 25 orders received will be entered into a lottery to win this artist edition to go alongside their standard LP.
NOTLD Test Press Pack Shot 1.jpg
NOTLD Test Press Pack Shot 1.jpg (778.6 KiB) Viewed 5461 times
THE ADVENTURES OF PRINCE ACHMED
PRINCE AHMED Pack Shot 1.jpg
PRINCE AHMED Pack Shot 1.jpg (243.08 KiB) Viewed 5461 times
Original live score to Lotte Reineger's 1926 animated masterpiece

• 6-Track LP
• Limited to 500 copies
• 150g Black Vinyl

The second vinyl release by MORRICONE YOUTH is this superb reinterpretation of Lotte Reineger's silhouette animation fairy tale - the first feature length animated film. Their music here is powerful and bewitching, ranging across swooning exotica, twangin' surf and dub-heavy afro-funk - imagine a potent blend of Korla Pandit, Pram, Martin Denny and Mulatu Astatke.

To celebrate this release, Ondes Positives' artist Scott Johannsson has created a unique, one-off gatefold sleeve to house the LP, featuring hand-cut silhouette images based on Lotte Reiniger's designs, glitter effects, a printed acetate window and elements of the original album art. The first 25 orders received will be entered into a lottery to win this alternate sleeve for their record.
PRINCE ACHMED Test Press Pack Shot 1.jpg
PRINCE ACHMED Test Press Pack Shot 1.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 5461 times
By ScoJo
Hey kitty kats...

Here's a new solo track, thought I'd share with you...

It's fairly banging....quite happy with it......

I might put it out as a super limited 7", let me know what you think....

It's kindof a film score cover....from an obscure 70s TV movie....

But I'm not telling you which one...

(Except to say....it's quite 'topical' ;)

Enjoy.....

(Fuckin bongos fer chrissakes!?)

https://soundcloud.com/scott-johannsson/fate-of-morgana
By bpwlogan
Gave it a listen earlier this evening before I hit the streets for the night. I like it a lot. I'll be in for a tangible release if you drop one. Thanks for sharing. :)
By ScoJo
Positives people...

Our first album release from the band LARVA drops tomorrow (Monday 24th Oct) - a deluxe double cassette edition of 69 copies, numbered and in bespoke 'storage pod'

In brief, it's an experiment in lo-fi minimalism which should appeal to fans of analogue synths, primitive Krautrock and early electronic film soundtracks. LARVA spent over a year recording improvised live music alongside projections of avant gard/experimental films in between writing and performing a new score for the cult science fiction film 'La Jetee'.

• Limited numbered edition of 69
• Two hours of music!
• 2x high quality ferric cassettes
• Ivory white tape shells
• Unique storage pod with ‘transparent layer’ design
• Printed tape wrapper on architect paper
• A4 insert on architect paper with background on the project
• Unique numbered ‘slide frame', with image taken from films used in the recording process
• Heat sealed outer bag

Sign up to our mailing list to get the first shout once it's live, and we'll be announcing a little later on social media etc.
And US folks, the album is being carried by our pals Two Headed Dog, check in with them tomorrow for the drop :)

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com/contact

Thanks for listening...

SJ
LARVA Tapes Pack Shot FINAL 2.jpg
LARVA Tapes Pack Shot FINAL 2.jpg (557.71 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
LARVA Tapes Pack Shot FINAL 5.jpg
LARVA Tapes Pack Shot FINAL 5.jpg (143.69 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
The LARVA Tapes Pack Shot MOCKUP 8.jpg
The LARVA Tapes Pack Shot MOCKUP 8.jpg (764.96 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
By Bezulsqy
@ SJ
Looking forward to this release. Does the heat sealed outer bag mean you cannot get the tapes without damaging that bag?
I can't see that bag on the pictures am I right?
That whole package does look stellar!
Succes with this release.
By ScoJo
@Ben

That's right man - you have to cut it open ;-)
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (984.77 KiB) Viewed 5255 times
Thanks for the kind words as ever sir!