Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:@Ben

That's right man - you have to cut it open ;-)
unnamed.jpg
Thanks for the kind words as ever sir!
That I can cut open!
By slik
This is such a cool package. Arrived today, gonna have to massacre the outer, but hey this looks like thee labour of love. Stunning!
By DiscoCinematic
Bezulsqy wrote:And the lovely mail woman just brought this:

Open it and play it.
I have listened to these tapes twice today.
After I have finished listening to what is on ATM I will play the tapes again.
Brilliant work from LARVA. I anticipate the arrival of it's next release.
By ScoJo
Thank you Michael! Very much appreciate the comments cheers...we knew that the whole 'sealed package' thing might be a quandry for the more 'timid element' (heh heh), nice to hear about packages being rent asunder/tapes played :)

If anyone is interested we still have a small number of these left, and there's a few at 2HD too. If you'd like to listen first/prefer to just get digital, head on over to bandcamp. There's also a video teaser trailer below :)

UK/Europe:
http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com ... arva-tapes

BANDCAMP:
https://ondespositives.bandcamp.com/alb ... arva-tapes

USA:
http://www.twoheadeddog.com/new-release ... est&page=5

VIDEO:
https://vimeo.com/187680475
By Mateo Sanboval
I just read the piece myself; it was a lovely (and surprisingly in depth) examination. While, my opinions differ a bit from their own in places, I thought they nailed it in parts, too. Especially the packaging section. Knowing ScoJo a bit, as we do, I found their gushing particularly amusing. As I read the praise all I could think was, "well, what did you guys expect?" Good stuff.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:As I read the praise all I could think was, "well, what did you guys expect?"
Hmm. Yes. My 'packaging' thing.

You guys may well consider it a blessing.

My Ondes/LARVA pardner generally greets new enterprises with 'oh for fuck's sake, what now??'

;-)
By vi_resmusic
That's a great article! Personally ..I'm not a packages guy. I'm satisfied with the amount of effort that goes into making an album without demanding more from it to be of some extra value. Good on you if you enjoy that sort of thing,there is obviously nothing wrong with bonuses but it's not of any importance to me. I never think to myself 'get the red vinyl with the bonus stickers'.I don't watch my records play.

BUT I did find a decent functionality with the LARVA tapes package. The liner notes and stage plot heightened the listening experience for me . As I was first listening to the recordings I tried to compare the sonic footprint of the instrument placement within the space to the plot and room dimensions etc. That information helped to actually visualise the performance more than the usual imagining and guessing that I would normally do when carefully listening to a recording.
Also it helped in the way that I could relate that information to the room ambience and that way I could 'feel' the atmosphere at a different level.It has been the most useful and interacting,stereo recording that I have experienced. It really is different than to just making the packet colourful.Again I'm not knocking that but this package is apart of the actual experience and transforms an album into more of a show like experience.
By ScoJo
@Vi-Res

Wow. That's...everything I hoped for and more, in designing/supplying such a 'pedantic' surfeit of info about the process etc. Can't tell you how gratifying it is to hear that at least one person put the pieces together so thoroughly! (Not that it's essential, of course - but the 'story' of the thing is all there if you're of a mind to work it out...)

So....wow. Thanks for engaging with it in this way. Gives me a big smile :)
By ScoJo
Heyhey!

To celebrate a year of O/P we're having a sale in our store, with nice reductions on two excellent MORRICONE YOUTH soundtracks, and all other releases/merch:
http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com/

Also, it's **Competition Time**!

First Prize is an archive copy of our 1st release THE MASK - SOUNDTRACKS. This is one of the first 75x copies of the release which sold out immediately, and comes with a set of 6x lobby cards in presentation pack, gorgeous Gary Pullin poster and all the trimmings.
We're also giving away a DVD copy of THE MASK in 3D (which includes a replica 3D viewer from the film's release), as well as an Ondes Positives or Larva T-shirt (of your choice) and 2 x free digital album downloads.

You can enter in three ways:
1. Share this FaceBook post [tick 'share original post' to help us spread The Word]:
http://tinyurl.com/zo8hv8t
2. Join our mailing list if you're not already on it [drop us a line with 'Mailing List' as subject]
http://www.ondespositives.bigcartel.com/contact
3. Re-tweet the pinned tweet on our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/ondespositive

We'll draw winners out of a suitably festive hat on December 31st and contact the winners.

Happy Holidays to you all, and

Ondes Positives
By ScoJo
Hey hey...

We've been a bit quiet recently, but should have news soon of a pair of releases coming this year. We had a bit of a setback with a big project that we'd been working on for almost three years, things just fell apart late in the game sadly. Hey ho, so it goes.

In the meantime, I've found a few stock items in the dusty Ondes archives and am clearing them out at rock bottom prices for STBC chums....there are only a couple of copies of each - if you don't have any of these I obviously recommend them heartily for any discerning soundtrack/experimental music listeners. Sounds to sooth the savage beast, and make you more attractive to others *

Get in touch if you'd like to take advantage of these offers, and I'll let you know the total with shipping.

filmficciones (at) gmail (dot) com

THE MASK - SOUNDTRACKS (1961 - 2013)
Myron Schaeffer & LARVA
Original 1961 electronic score for cult Canadian 3D shocker, has to be heard to be believed. Backed with live re-score, a maelstrom of analog synth/music concrete skronking that will plunge you into the nightmarish vortex of your own psyche!
Deluxe gatefold LP with die cut "Eyes of Hell" inner design, screen printed overbag, 2x single sided vinyl on 3D "magenta/cyan" lenses, Gary Pullin postcard, inserts. Top 10 packaging of the year voted by Modern Vinyl! Edition of 300.
£19
5._Mask_Pack_Shot_HiRes_FULL_PACKAGE.jpg
5._Mask_Pack_Shot_HiRes_FULL_PACKAGE.jpg (163.15 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
Morricone Youth
Blistering re-score of the seminal zombie classic, by prolific NYC cult band (members of Pain Teens, Creedle, Palomar)
6 track EP on livid green vinyl with original artwork and download card. Edition of 500.
£9
NOTLD_Pack_Shot_1.jpg
NOTLD_Pack_Shot_1.jpg (140.49 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
ADVENTURES OF PRINCE ACHMED
Morricone Youth
New music for Lotte Reiniger's shadow animation fairy tale, the first full length animated feature. Exotica, dub and twangin' surf sounds collide with afro-funk in this bewitching re-score. Edition of 500.
6 track LP on black vinyl with original artwork and download card
£9
PRINCE_AHMED_Pack_Shot_1.jpg
PRINCE_AHMED_Pack_Shot_1.jpg (183.45 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
The LARVA Tapes
LARVA
The first full album from Ondes Positives house band, culled from a year's worth of late night sessions where the band improvised along to a series of experimental short films by Lynch, Bokanowski, Deren etc. Almost two hours of drone, primitive Krautrock and minimalist electronica alongside drums and guitar.
2x C60 cassette housed in unique 'storage pod' with film frame and inserts. Edition of 69.
£12.99
LARVA_Tapes_Pack_Shot_FINAL_3.jpg
LARVA_Tapes_Pack_Shot_FINAL_3.jpg (61.32 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
THE FULL PACKAGE!
One-time only deal, get all of the above for £45.00 and we will include a FREE copy of THE MASK 3D DVD along with a replica Mystic Mask Viewer - the stylish and bizarre 3D glasses from the film's original release.
Mask_DVD_Pic_for_Store2.jpg
Mask_DVD_Pic_for_Store2.jpg (181.18 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
Cheers guys! Scott

*Disclaimer. These albums can help in making you attractive to others, but are not intended to replace other essential self-improvement methods.
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
These are savage deals. If any of you don't already have this stuff, get it. Seriously. Morricone Youth is fantastic and the Mask is bananas in the best possible way. Plus, Scott is a packaging savant so if you've tendencies towards that bit of fluff, he's your man.
By static14
Folks shouldn't sleep on these! The Mask is one of my favorite releases of the past fews years.

@scojo any chance of including a spanking summer mix tape with orders?
By vi_resmusic
Bezulsqy wrote:What the above people already said!

The Mask is not only a fantastic listen, the package is out of this world!
I agree and I'm generally not into packages.

Oh look! It's time to say this.

In Australia,the colloquial use of the word 'Package' refers to a mans crouch.
As in "jesus!! Look at the package on him"