Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
I'll be on Jonny Trunk's radio show live tomorrow (4.30pm GMT) talking about Messiah of Evil and spinning some wild n obscure soundtracks and early electronics with my Ondes label mucker Nick. You can listen live or catchup at your leisure!

https://resonancefm.com/
By ScoJo
Now on sale:

The second release from Ondes Positive’s in-house band LARVA.

Recorded live at Flatpack Film Festival [UK] in April 2016, LARVA's re-scoring of
Chris Marker's 1962 Science Fiction short 'La Jetée' sets out to re-frame the film from existential romance to abyssal fugue.

The soundtrack is scored in part for a new instrument, created specifically for this project: The Glass Chroma-Harp. Based on the Glass Armonica, a classical instrument invented by Benjamin Franklin in the 18th Century, the Chroma-Harp uses glass, water and analogue tape delay to create a unique multi-timbral sound which is in keeping with the film's disturbing fatalism.
The Chroma-Harp is intonated in a colour sequence rather than with scaled notes, and the player must use intuition and improvisation in their approach.

Highly limited physical editions of this release - two different deluxe box sets, no digital download for 6 months.
La Jetee Pic 5 MAILCHIMP.jpg
La Jetee Pic 5 MAILCHIMP.jpg (273.25 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
La Jetee Pic 4 MAILCHIMP w Border.jpg
La Jetee Pic 4 MAILCHIMP w Border.jpg (268.93 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
MUSEUM EDITION
Deluxe Box Set
£20.00

Includes:
• High-Quality C-57 audio cassette with full-face printing, in hand-labelled O-Card
sleeve
• Cassette B-Side features '[6102\2691] eèteJ aL' - exclusive to tape editions
• Three 5" x 7" matte photo prints in light-proof bag, selected from images created
by LARVA using a 'Print-Through' re-photographic technique.
• Information sheet printed on heavyweight architect paper
• Links to additional audio/visual content
• Housed in custom 'Photo Paper' box
• Hand-numbered edition of 40 copies

La Jetee Pic 7 MAILCHIMP.jpg
La Jetee Pic 7 MAILCHIMP.jpg (272.77 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
La Jetee Pic 9 MAILCHIMP.jpg
La Jetee Pic 9 MAILCHIMP.jpg (230.86 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
DARKROOM EDITION
Deluxe Box Set
£25.00

Includes:
• Vintage metal film canister with embedded USB storage device
• High quality .WAV and .MP3 format audio files
• 35mm film reel containing photo-strip
• Film canister and reel both housed in custom 35mm film boxes
• Three 10" x 8" matte photo-prints in acid-free archival envelope, created by
LARVA using a 'Print-Through' re-photographic technique.
• Information sheet printed on heavyweight architect paper
• USB extension cable
• Links to additional audio/visual content
• Packaged in printed storage tube
• Hand-stamped/numbered edition of 25 copies

http://www.ondespositivesrecordings.com

A limited amount have been made available for the US through our friends at Two Headed Dog:

http://www.twoheadeddog.com/products.ph ... um-Edition
http://www.twoheadeddog.com/products.ph ... om-Edition

Thanks for listening!
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By reddye6
I was close to pulling the trigger on an Endless, but the note about the loop tape not working on some tape machines scared me off. I went with the Museum.
By ScoJo
EvanCampbell wrote:Scott you are have too much fun with this stuff. Really cool packaging!

Thanks for taking the punt on this latest release guys - I appreciate it's coming during a crowded release-period, and
you have little idea what it actually sounds like....but I think you will dig it, hopefully.
By ScoJo
DigitalHiss wrote:I watched the short film on youtube.

Snatched up a Museum edition from THD.

Scott, does this edition come with a digital version as well?
Hey DH - we're not putting the music out there digitally, for six months or so. The only way to get it is in these physical editions (but, to let you in on a secret - there is a link to something included in your Museum edition which will hopefully tide you over for now... :)

Big thanks for buying a copy, much appreciated!
By DigitalHiss
ScoJo wrote:
DigitalHiss wrote:I watched the short film on youtube.

Snatched up a Museum edition from THD.

Scott, does this edition come with a digital version as well?
Hey DH - we're not putting the music out there digitally, for six months or so. The only way to get it is in these physical editions (but, to let you in on a secret - there is a link to something included in your Museum edition which will hopefully tide you over for now... :)

Big thanks for buying a copy, much appreciated!
ahh I was wondering what the "additional audio/video" stuff was...the suspense! Eager to insert the tape and watch the cogs spin on this one.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:What ho...

I'll be on Morricone Island on WFMU a bit later (12am BST, 7pm EST) talking with Devon Levins about our recent releases and upcoming malarky...

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/79536
Nice interview. Made me miss hearing you on the DFC.
Also for some reason you remind me of Stephen Merchant. No idea why. My mind sees a resemblance based on internet clips.