Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ninjaqutie
It's one of my favorite albums so far!
By dumaisaudio
What is the source material that your records are produced from, generally speaking? (Analog tapes, CD, high resolution digital, etc).
By Purplemule74
@Spencer -

For RSD, picked up 'Perfume' and 'In the Wall' in Phoenix, Arizona. Both beauties.

Not to make this like a love letter (which it sort of is), but I've got a man crush on Death Waltz. Thanks so much for putting out such high quality product. I've already shown my purchases off today to some non-record folks, and even they were impressed with the quality and beauty of the art you're puttin' out.

Much appreciated!
By orbtastic
Not sure if anyone has asked this already but...

I've been buying vinyl since I was a kid, well over 30 years. My understanding even as a kid was that coloured vinyl was nice to look at but poor quality when it came to being played. That was borne out by owning some over the years, it was always very crackly, particularly 12"s (DJAX, I'm looking at you) etc.

So what happened/changed? It seems any reissue these days worth its salt gets the coloured vinyl treatment.

Also, looking back over DW, if you could do something differently, what would it be?
By Garmonbozia
Spencer,

Any chance of you putting out the score to Jodorowsky's Dune?
By rhos
If I've missed this elsewhere apologies, but is the Frizzi flexi still happening? I registered online after the concert but so far heard nothing at all. Given the time frame I'm obviously very patient to ask this now (or senile) :-)
By Dagon
@ Spencer Suggestion for you, please don't take it as a complaint (even though we probably can always find one more thing to complain about ;)).
I became a B2B subber over the weekend, am I am glad I can support DW with a blind buy without having to spend £200. I know that the B2B is barebones, no poster or booklet. However, I can do without the poster, but I tend to read liner notes nearly as often as I listen to the record (I like to be able to put the music into context).
I am not asking you to include a booklet, but would you consider giving subbers a download link to the notes, if rights use allows it. I would not mind a simple PDF document without pictures or layout, but I am always interested in notes to the music.
If this is not feasable, don't worry, I can live with the B2B sub as it is :)
By Re-animated Cat
Just bumping this thread. Changed the first post too.

Got any questions for the big man, stick 'em in here! Any complaints/requests for replacements etc should be emailed instead.
By Alekspectre
Hi,I noticed that the color of the deluxe vinyl of City Of The Living Dead had changed, I think the first choice was more relevant to the artwork (A/B effects + splatters, is that correct ?), why have you changed your mind ?
By dumaisaudio
This thread should probably be moved to the DW forum, right?
By jgibbs4053
@Spencer do you know if DW/ Mondo still plans on releasing The Beyond? and are there and future plans on releasing Manhattan Baby?
would rather wait and buy one if you do plan on releasing them instead of spending 100 bucks per album
By Garmonbozia
PLEASE PUT OUT THE EDITOR SOUNDTRACK