Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By MaxwellHauser
A follow-up to my previous post: I noticed that on the Discogs page it states that the repress red-vinyl issue of Zombi 2 is listed as including the A2 poster. But on the official DW site there is no mention of the poster.

If the particular pressing I got wasn’t supposed to have the poster then I’m completely happy. But if it was supposed to have the poster then I’m a bit bummed. Although I feel completely satisfied with my copy and the lack of poster doesn’t change my feelings toward this stellar release.

Anyone with the red-vinyl issue of Zombi 2 get/not get the poster?
By chandler75
My red vinyl doesn't have the poster either, just the print. My Clear w/ Red Splatter does have the poster.
By NMA
What is the probability of being able to listen to "Sleepaway Camp" soundtrack on DWR vinyl?
By Dr.Funtime
Spencer: I'm thrown' out some suggestions for TWIN PWEAK. Hope thats cool. How about some colored evergreen with dark brown swirls. Logging community. Douglas furs. Log lady and such.
By masonhastie
I had read here about some of the full cover sleeves being available for people who had bought earlier editions. Is that still the case? I'd love to have full covers for my EFNY and LTROI vinyl.
By dumaisaudio
Spencer has talked about them, but they haven't become available yet. I've only seen pictures of Escape From NY and Prince of Darkness in the wild, so not sure if the others have even been made yet.
By hncreature
Hey Spencer - Curious to know if it is all about you looking to do certain soundtracks or have you been approached by artists that want to put a soundtrack for a modern movie out on DW - If yes to the latter...have you had to turn any away because it didn't work with your overall concept?
By deathwaltz
The guys contacted me about Room 237 and The Devil's Business. I contacted Rob about Maniac.
They sent me Room before I had even seen the movie and I knew I wanted to it .
Haven't turned anything away (yet)
By tonyandrewgiles
Spencer - Have you ever thought about bringing out album cover t shirts?

The Ms.45 is utterly beautiful and would look awesome on a shirt.

Is it you that owns the artwork or do the artists still retain the rights?
By dumaisaudio
Yeah, shirts of any of the John Carpenter releases would probably sell, I'd buy one, that's for sure!
By deathwaltz
Yes we have some shirts in the pipeline....
By tonyandrewgiles
This is great news :)
By Whip Wilson
Spencer, can Death Waltz, or anyone else for that matter, release Juan Cristobal Tapia De Veer's score to Utopia on vinyl? It's fucking brilliant.
By Ignatius
Oh man I would totally kill for the Utopia score on vinyl. Deserves some really killer sleeve art as well. It's one of those soundtracks that's so good I almost can't imagine the show working without it. The composer has some of the demos up on his Soundcloud.

Can't wait to see what the shirts look like either.
By Rambler
Please release 'Shrunken Heads' by Zombi (from Escape Velocity) on a fat loud 12" with ultra cool graphics!?!
By Jode_Steele
Cristobal's "Utopia" soundtrack was pretty much my favourite of last year! Got it on CD & would love a vinyl version. Silva Screen released the CD version. :)

By dusty fingers
Utopia was such a good series the score was so good this and Kill List needs to be on vinyl. Amelie also :)
By palmat
I second dusty fingers on the absolute necessity of DW putting out Kill List. And while you're at it Spencer, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release Pino Donaggio's work for De Palma's Blow Out, Dressed To Kill and Body Double. Seriously, THIS NEEDS to happen.
By tonyandrewgiles
Agree 10000%!
By Pitch
[quote=11363]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE release Pino Donaggio’s work for De Palma’s Blow Out, Dressed To Kill and Body Double. Seriously, THIS NEEDS to happen.[/quote]

Yes please!!! - Big time need for this to come out properly on vinyl.
By deathwaltz
+1 on Utopia
We've been talking to Warp for a while now...
By Jode_Steele
Nice one Spencer. Can't wait for series/season 2! :)
By Buggenhagen
That's great news. Would love to see it on vinyl.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a DW edition of the Vigilante OST...
By Hardrain02
Sorry if this was asked before, but are or were there ever plans to release Carpenters "In the mouth of madness" ost? I would love to get my grubby mitts on that one. Be cool to make the gatefold look like to book in the film.
By DISCOSUCKS...
@hardrain02 I couldn't agree more on that score. it's just plain brilliant, I've had times when I've listened to it obsessively on my mp3 player, for weeks on end. And like a lot of JCs later, more "metal" influenced scores (Ghosts of Mars, Escape from LA, Vampires) they get nowhere near enough love!!

I'm as obsessed with the earlier "classic" Carpenter as everyone else, but somebody needs to strike a deal with the man to get some of these 90s/2000s works out on wax too! :)