Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By SPACELAB9

The entire pre-sale has been pushed back to November 11th. Don't worry you didn't miss anything!

RESCHEDULED - DISTRICT 9: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK DOUBLE LP PRE- SALE. Originally scheduled for Tuesday, October 28th, the D9 pre-sale has been rescheduled for Tuesday, November 11th in order to offer the album in conjunction with another stellar title TBA shortly... In the meantime, we'll use this opportunity to announce the arrival of our new, upgraded Amazon-style LP mailers. Condition-conscious collectors rejoice, however if you prefer the traditional mailers, the option is still available upon request.
By SPACELAB9

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (NOVEMBER 4th, 2014)
“BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series) Volume 2” Double LP Details Revealed

November 4, 2014 – Following the fanfare that was bestowed upon the first installment of score music, SpaceLab9, in partnership with Madison Gate Records, is thrilled to announce the release of the “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series) Volume 2” double LP, which will be available at fine retailers throughout North America on November 25, 2014, and in the U.K. and Europe on December 5, 2014. Previously released as a limited edition double picture disc LP, SpaceLab9 will be giving “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series) Volume 2” the deluxe double LP vinyl treatment that fans have been clamoring for. “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series) Volume 2” includes selections from across the series with a focus on the fifth and final season, handpicked by composer Dave Porter to correspond to the most pivotal moments of the show.

Porter comments, "Thanks to SpaceLab9 and Madison Gate Records, the vinyl releases of my Breaking Bad score have exceeded my wildest expectations. This release of the second and final volume of my score, which includes some of the most notable moments from the end of the series, completes the musical journey I was so fortunate to take with Walter White."

The “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series) Volume 2” Deluxe Double LP package includes a full color gatefold jacket, two full color heavy stock inner bags and an 18” x 24” full color poster featuring exclusive variant art by celebrated artist Tom Whalen. The deluxe Double LP packaging features copious images from the epic series, right up to the unforgettable final scene of the final episode. Record collectors and vinyl hounds will rejoice as “BREAKING BAD (Original Score From The Television Series) Volume 2” will be made available in two limited edition variants, “HAZMAT Yellow” vinyl and “CASH MONEY Green” vinyl. Both limited edition colored vinyl variants will be available while supplies last exclusively at SPACELAB9.COM. Pre-sale begins on November 11, 2014. Join the SL9 mailing list at SPACELAB9.COM to receive up-to-the-minute information on pre-sale start times and other news.
By SPACELAB9

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (NOVEMBER 10th, 2014)

SPACELAB9 ANNOUNCES FIRST ART PRINT IN NEW SERIES

November 10, 2014 – Nearing their first year anniversary and always looking to expand their horizons, prolific record label and pop culture provocateurs SPACELAB9, in collaboration with Eisner Award-winning artist Francesco Francavilla (Black Beetle, Afterlife with Archie, Batman, etc.), announce their first foray into the world of limited edition hand-screened art with an 18” x 24” print inspired by the 2009 Peter Jackson Sci-Fi blockbuster DISTRICT 9.

The art, limited to only 100 hand-screened prints are on high quality 100 lb. pure white French construction stock and printed with archival quality inks by renowned printmakers Vahalla Studios. The prints will be offered exclusively from SPACELAB9.COM on Tuesday, November 11th, in conjunction with the pre-sale of the DISTRICT 9: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack [Deluxe Expanded Version] Double LP, also released by SPACELAB9. In addition, the prints are hand-signed by artist Francesco Francavilla and include a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.

Join the SL9 mailing list at SPACELAB9.COM to receive up-to-the-minute information on pre-sale start time and other news.

About Francesco Francavilla: NY Times Best-selling Author & Award-winning Storyteller, Francesco Francavilla is the creator of the critically acclaimed THE BLACK BEETLE and draws the best-selling graphic novel AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE. He has worked on comics such as Batman, Captain America, and Guardians of the Galaxy; illustrated covers and interiors for NY TIMES, GQ, EW, and WIRED; and has worked on movie & television properties with FOX, MGM, WB, and UNIVERSAL. Francesco has been illustrating movie posters for MONDO, SKUZZLES, and HCG, and also recently started illustrating album covers with WAXWORK RECORDS and MONDO. Of Italian origin, he now lives in the United States and resides in the greater Atlanta metro area.

His work can be viewed at:
Tumblr: http://francavillarts.tumblr.com/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/f_francavilla
By phantomnoir
This print is amazing!
By NMA
I still have the following problem when using Spacelab9 Official Webstore:

"There doesn‘t seem to be any available shipping methods. Please double check your address, or contact us if you need any help."

I hope the problem gets fixed until today's drops. :/
By The Cult Leader
Both District 9 and Breaking Bad Vol2 are up for sale at Spacelab 9

Orderd the District 9 soundtrack, passed on Breaking Bad *shrugs*
By Spun out of control
Missed out on the 100 run of this as wasn't showing when I first ordered (bought the 'prawn' version instead thinking that was the variant).

The pricier one now showing sold out.

Oh well, not a moan, the prawn looks kinda cool but didn't realise there were 3 options :)
By ambertiger
Its still in stock just snagged a copy
By The Cult Leader
They are still showing in stock for me as well
By Vector
Initially was psyched for this, but decided against it when I relistened to the soundtrack. Just not memorable enough that it was a must-get even though it was one of my favorite films.
By maxvelvet
Grabbed the full DS9 set! Great soundtrack that I've listened countless times on crappy mp3s... It was on my ost wishlist, so I'm really really happy now! ;)

By nick_rising
Got one of the screen printed ones. What a pleasant drop. Thanks SL9 :D
By Spun out of control
How odd that the most limited one was showing sold out for me within a couple of mins, but others were still managing to snag it (a US/UK thing?)! Ah, the vagaries of the worldwide web... looks great anyhow, roll on the next Spacelab 9 drop.
By liftman2013
I ordered the prawn and forgot they did the MSU option too! Still the prawn looks cool enough
By scentofdeath
[quote=40590]Initially was psyched for this, but decided against it when I relistened to the soundtrack. Just not memorable enough that it was a must-get even though it was one of my favorite films.[/quote]

Same here, one of my favorite films ever but the soundtrack only works in the film.
I just would't find myself playing that at home.
By SPACELAB9
Everybody thank you so much for the orders. Sorry that some of you missed out on the District 9 screened jacket version, it sold out even faster than we could have possibly imagined. If any copies turn up because sometimes we have orders get cancelled and such, we will let you folks know here as well as our Facebook/Twitter pages.
By hncreature
That sweater...I can't get enough!
By texasvinyl
Breaking Bad Volume 2:

Really digging the Tom Whalen poster.
By blastman
Will the Breaking Bad yellow variant be available from Hot Topic or anywhere else? Missed out on it and I'd prefer it to the green version....
By SPACELAB9

texasvinyl- Thanks for picking up the lps and being kind enough to take photos and share them here. It is greatly appreciated.

quote=42166]Will the Breaking Bad yellow variant be available from Hot Topic or anywhere else? Missed out on it and I’d prefer it to the green version….[/quote]

The Hazmat Yellow was exclusive to the Spacelab9 store and it is sold out. At this juncture the only other variant is the "Cash Money" which can also be found in stores. Currently there are no plans for a Hot Topic exclusive variant for volume2.