Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
We're these not RSD titles ?
By liftman2013
Me too with the Raid 2... a perfect drop

This one is a nightmare. 4 hours of intermittently trying and nothing yet, if theres anything left...
By liftman2013
Spacelab dudes have you got any Saul Singles left - say the RSD black? Im.not really expecting any splatters left but being UK based would love a copy at least
By kingmob
The picture version was RSD, the emmet version and wildstyle are on the site. although wildstyle is gone now.
By manuorru
Absolutely a nightmare, 5 hours wasted, didn't got a Lego limited edition and still no BCS for sale. No words.
By kingmob
Also clear your cache and cookies and all that, I found that if I try to go to spacelab9.com it was using a cached mode from earlier in the day on the browser and that will give you the forbidden 403 thing.
By Thequass
Yeah this wasn't handled very well on their end. I'm not saying this because I'm all butt hurt that I didn't land one, I was on the fence about it anyhow so I don't really care that I missed it.
By dweebofthedead
Did I miss BETTER CALL SAUL?

Brutal day so far...
By sonnydexter
Same ... Not a very productive time of my life
By toosoonjunior
Sorry guys, I just bought all 100 limited Better Call Saul records!
By gojikranz88
well my order of breaking bad meth and wildstyle is still greyed and spinning waiting to go to paypal think I still have hope? I ended up making another window and getting a order of a wildstyle in but a pretty annoying day overall.
By blastman
@spacelab9, so is Better Call Saul still happening at some point, or...?
By manuorru
And after LEGO Wyldstyle version, missed Emmet version too, waiting for BCS for make an unique shipment...
By manuorru
Right @Spun, people are strange (quote)
By SPACELAB9

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MAY 14th, 2015

“THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK” MAKES ITS VINYL DEBUT

May 14, 2015 – SNIKT! Appearing on vinyl for the first time, THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK Double Picture Disc LP will be available exclusively at Hot Topic beginning Tuesday, May 26th. THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK Double Picture Disc LP includes the original 22 tracks from the soundtrack album by renowned composer Marco Beltrami (Hellboy, Terminator 3) plus the bonus track “Yukiko” which had been previously released as a digital-only track. Marco Beltrami’s moody score is an apt fit for the brooding nature of the character of Logan, better known as “Wolverine. The music created by Beltrami reflects the various states of mind of the mutant Wolverine, adding a level tension that captures the visceral energy of THE WOLVERINE.

Jumping out of the pages of Marvel comic books onto the silver screen, Wolverine has become a fan favorite in both mediums. As a leading character in the both the comic book series for over 30 years as well as in the wildly popular X-Men movie franchise, Wolverine has captivated audiences like no other X-Man before or since, spawning several solo mini-series over the years as well as his own spinoff series of films. THE WOLVERINE sees the enigmatic character in his second solo cinematic adventure, again portrayed by Academy Award-nominated actor Hugh Jackman.

With several more superhero-related soundtrack releases on the horizon, SPACELAB9 kicks off their Heroes on Vinyl series with the release of THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK Double Picture Disc LP. The Double Picture Disc LP will be available exclusively from Hot Topic stores and through their web store starting May 26, while supplies last - so don’t hesitate, “bub”.
By blastman
Hey spacelab, any update on Better Call Saul??
By SPACELAB9
[quote=65098]Hey spacelab, any update on Better Call Saul??[/quote]

Postponed indefinitely. Those colored BCS copies were made as a internal promotional item among our staff and partners. We thought it would be fun to make a small amount available for fans-we thought wrong it was anything but fun. After receiving threats such as "fuck you all I hope you die" or "i hope your house burns down with your family inside" we are inclined to say fuck it and not make those copies ever available. The sense of entitlement and the pure unadulterated vitriol displayed by people on social media and such for a record that would most likely be flipped anyway has soured our whole staff on partaking in anything to do with making that particular variant available. Personally, I am more inclined to give them away to friends and partners.

Yes, we understand the website issues sucked but what people seem to forget while they are angry that they can't obtain a record because of website issues it is our livelihood so certainly the issues of a broken website don't benefit us in the slightest. For every release it is months of hard work from licencing, design, mastering, revisions and approvals and publicity so to see it crumble before your eyes in a matter of minutes is a deflating experience. It was a shitty situation for all involved and all we can do is learn from it and improve.
By blastman
....And now I'm glad I don't follow stuff like this on Arsebook or Twatter!

Sorry to hear that, both the fact that you probably won't release it and that you have to put up with that kind of venom. I can't say I blame you, though.
By texasvinyl
That sucks man. The sad part is you guys did such an amazing job generating press for the release and then no one was able to buy it. Hoping for a 2nd press or some people to list copies for not $50.

By SPACELAB9
However, we are discussing two alternative possibilities. The first being doing a full run of the 7 inch with different artwork- not to piss off the folks who purchased the RSD 7 inch (but from the looks of Ebay it seems every copy found its way there) or just wait until a not official by any means but likely full length.

I do have to say that the folks at these forums are good hearted folks whom we cn relate to as collectors ourselves and not at all like the venom spewing, whiny brats on Facebook or Twitter and for that we sincerely thank all of you! Granted if we screw up we are adult enough to admit faults and try to rectify them to the best of our abilities but wishing ill will upon our families is just something that personally I never thought I'd see.
By thedeepness
That really sucks for you guys.

I am glad to have my black version of Better Call Saul and my 5 year old son LOVES the picture disc version of lego movie I got him.

Personally I think all your releases have been well done so far. I really like both the Breaking Bad releases (I got White and Yellow). I think the Raid 2 soundtrack is great, I can't believe it doesn't get more love around here.
By SPACELAB9
[quote=65122]That really sucks for you guys.

I am glad to have my black version of Better Call Saul and my 5 year old son LOVES the picture disc version of lego movie I got him.
[/quote]
Hearing stuff like this makes all of us very happy. To know that something we released has helped create a shared moment between you and your son is extremely gratifying to know. Family is important to all of us here so we really appreciate you sharing that, it has made our day. Seriously.

No one should feel sorry for us because at the end of the day we still have an awesome job in the sense that we get to work with properties we enjoy and in the process we are able to be a part of entertaining people and making them happy. Granted there are bumps in the road and people who will cast stones at every move we make but the reality it could be worse, and we feel very fortunate that for nearly three decades with our various labels we have been able to earn a living in the record biz.

By blastman
I hear ya about Ebay, I'm loathe to pay prices to people there when copies are bought purely to profiteer. Hopefully one (or both!) of your alternative plans comes to fruition. I love my "meth blue" Breaking Bad (still hoping to find a Vol 2 on yellow at a reasonable price somewhere), keep up the good work.
By manuorru
@SPACELAB9
Sad to hear what some people told you about BSC dropping.
But that issue could have been handled better.
Many European costumers, as me :-(, missed both LEGO colored versions + new BB, while waiting for BSC, cause international shipping cost would make unthinkable a double order...
Also consider that RSD releases were almost impossible to find in Europe...