Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Who is frequently buying these together? (From Bestbuy.com)
Attachments
Igor.jpg
Igor.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 8580 times
By inksb
Any one have thoughts on Igor and the Lunatics OST? I like the cover art. I've never seen the film.
By antimax
The film is not much to speak of, but I remember when I first watched it on VHS, the whole time I was thinking "man, this soundtrack is pretty cool!". It really stood out. I looked it up to see if there was ever a release of it, and of course, there wasn't. Just assumed I'd never get to listen to the OST outside of watching the movie, but Terror Vision has proven to be the record label that digs deep into crazy, weird regions of cult/b-movie film to release gems that aren't just run-of-the-mill or the current fad. I love Terror Vision, they're awesome! Can't wait to give it a listen :)
By Mateo Sanboval
antimax wrote:The film is not much to speak of, but I remember when I first watched it on VHS, the whole time I was thinking "man, this soundtrack is pretty cool!". It really stood out. I looked it up to see if there was ever a release of it, and of course, there wasn't. Just assumed I'd never get to listen to the OST outside of watching the movie, but Terror Vision has proven to be the record label that digs deep into crazy, weird regions of cult/b-movie film to release gems that aren't just run-of-the-mill or the current fad. I love Terror Vision, they're awesome! Can't wait to give it a listen :)
That's awesome. At the end of the day, it's what this should all be about.
By Bezulsqy
Any ideas?
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2018-05-12 om 14.21.56.png
Schermafbeelding 2018-05-12 om 14.21.56.png (635.91 KiB) Viewed 8288 times
By Dollarhyde
@bez

I've never seen it, and I had never heard of it before but that guy on Instagram who suggested the Hitchhiker TV series might be on to something.
The photo looks similar to images from the show. Having to go through so many DATS would make sense for release aTV series OST. And check out the main theme! Would sound right at home on Terror Vision.

http://youtu.be/diZ1SLDLKww
By Dollarhyde
Dollarhyde wrote:@bez

I've never seen it, and I had never heard of it before but that guy on Instagram who suggested the Hitchhiker TV series might be on to something.
The photo looks similar to images from the show. Having to go through so many DATS would make sense for release aTV series OST. And check out the main theme! Would sound right at home on Terror Vision.

http://youtu.be/diZ1SLDLKww
Oh! and all importantly it was scored by Michel Rubini !
By Bezulsqy
@ Dollar

That is very interesting. Never heard of it. Was not expecting a TV-series as a release, but why not.

I think Monsterworship posted a comment of it being something from the 90's as DATs are used. Sony introduced the DAT system in 1987. The Hitchhiker show ran from 1983-1991.

I hope we will get to know soon...
By inksb
I picked up the Igor & Lunatics OST on cassette after checking out the bandcamp. I love that Terrorvision has the option for cassette and vinyl on a lot of their releases, I don't always want to spend $30+ on a soundtrack so keeping the cost below $10 is helpful.
By Bezulsqy
Hello good humans!

Our third release of 2018 is here and it's easily the biggest thing I've been involved in with Terror Vision. Welcome UNSOLVED MYSTERIES: Ghosts / Hauntings / The Unexplained to the Terror Vision roster (click here to pre-order and skip my rambling)! We're releasing this in 2 ways:

1. A single LP version that contains my personal favorite ghost related cues from the show and a few theme songs.
2. A triple LP version that contains EVERY single cue written for the ghost segments plus some theme songs/ending credits etc.

The single LP version will be a wide release (mailorder + distributed to stores) and the triple LP will be mailorder only (unless a distro REALLY wants a few - 3XLP is VERY VERY limited).

Release details:

First time the score/theme has been available on any format
Audio pulled from original tapes / remastered
Liner notes by the creator, the composer & yours truly (3XLP only)
Gatefold packaging + printed inner sleeve
Artwork by Earl Kess
As per usual we're offering these as a bundle that have a tee & enamel pin. These items WILL NOT be available outside of the bundle. You'll find those here.

If you're a member of the Terror Vision Record Club (ze Unhappy Campers Club), you'll be getting hand-poured vinyl by yours truly. To join our wee cult, click here.

If you're somehow unaware of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES, it played a major role in my bizarre development growing up. I watched it religiously and loved to be scared by the Ghost segments that would air semi-frequently. They even did a full Ghost episode in 1988 that was legendary. Hearing Robert Stack's voice before bed in conjunction with this music scared the hell out of me. It's absolutely bonkers to me that no one has ever released any part of the music previously. The theme music is so iconic that there are FB pages dedicated to it.

At any rate, this is by far the biggest project I've ever been a part of and I really hope you're thrilled. Immediately after signing this deal with John Cosgrove (Unsolved Mysteries creator), I was sent several hundred DAT tapes of all the music for the show. So from February till a few weeks ago I would spend several hours a day trying to piece this all together. It's been amazing hearing it all day after day.

PLEASE spread the word about this release. We rely on word of mouth. Holler if you have any questions.

Stay Spooky,
Ryan Graveface
By reddye6
One thing I just asked via email is which version subscribers get: single or triple
By reddye6
Subs get the single hand-poured, but they will be able to easily purchase a triple.
By Mateo Sanboval
HO-LEE EFFING ESS!!
By Mateo Sanboval
Presuming this release's success, I wonder if we can expect to see more themed sets in the future? I remember all the murder/home invasion cues playing like a proper 80s slasher. Would love to get those.
By Hatter313
uh, yeah this is just awesome, preordered the hell out of this. I don't think i've ver ordered direct from them before, i think all of the releases i have from him were bought direct from his mondocon booth. this should be a real treat.
By inksb
New release available for pre-order right now

TWO THOUSAND MANIACS LP & Cassette

27.00 - LP
6.00 - Cassette
There’s a story you should know…

Audio remastered

First time the complete score has been available on any format (there was a rad Rhino release in 84 that had about half the cues)

Liner notes by Herschell Gordon Lewis

Stoughton gatefold packaging, full color inner sleeve, DL code

Includes two bonus songs (me recording HG Lewis a few months before he passed away)

Choose your vinyl colorway:

180 Gram Black

Clear red with black swirl (retail/mailorder variant)

Smokey clear with red swirl (TV record club variant - join here to receive this)

It should be noted, some of the audio sources for this were better than others so some of it sounds a little iffy. We worked with what exists and considering it’s a 54 year old movie, I think it sounds pretty good. Just putting this out there for those that are picky so that you don’t have audiophile expectations on it. Most of it sounds ace though.

Last but not least, you’ll receive a DL code featuring everything on the LP AND some bonus stuff. Herschell told me I should release the ENTIRE recording session from his living room (all the dialogue, all the takes etc). So because I love/trust him, I’m moving forward with his wishes. The only difference is he wanted me to do that on vinyl, haha (it’d be a box set). Have fun with it all. xo

ALL OF THIS WILL SHIP ON/AROUND OCTOBER 24TH
I grabbed the cassette. It's a pricey month so if I end up really loving it, I'll go back for the LP at a later date. Terrorvision are killing it this year (and last). I wish he would have done a cassette release of Killing Spree as I really enjoy that one but didn't want to spend $30 on the LP.
Attachments
10 maniacs.jpg
10 maniacs.jpg (54.5 KiB) Viewed 7456 times
By blindguy
Any subbers know if there's a way to check if you're subscription has records left? I thought i got all the LPs for this round, but since i never got a TP and they didn't contact me I"m thinking maybe not. Was there a TV-Sub email for this release? I emailed but haven't heard back yet.
By reddye6
blindguy wrote:Any subbers know if there's a way to check if you're subscription has records left? I thought i got all the LPs for this round, but since i never got a TP and they didn't contact me I"m thinking maybe not. Was there a TV-Sub email for this release? I emailed but haven't heard back yet.
Whenever I am unsure, I email Olivia at Graveface to see where I am in my subscription. I don’t think that there has been a subbers-only email about 2k Maniacs.
By blindguy
I still never got a response. Oh well, i guess the record will show up or it won't. I have to assume I must have one left or else they would have told me the sub was done.
By Bezulsqy
Our first release of 2019 is here and it's a doozy! Welcome PONTYPOOL to the Terror Vision roster (click here to pre-order and skip my rambling). The score was composed by Claude Foisy and is easily the biggest departure from us sound-wise as a company. The music is incredibly minimal/ambient but is some of the most haunting music I've ever heard. When I saw the premiere of PONTYPOOL in Chicago at the Music Box a decade ago, beyond being legit impressed by a contemporary film, I couldn't believe how effective the score was. When I started Terror Vision I knew I wanted to secure this one. And since the film takes place on Valentine's Day, what better a day to announce this release? As far as our releases go, this is super limited. It's a short run one-time pressing of 500 copies on vinyl and 100 on cassette and then it'll be gone. Here are the deets:

First time the score has been available on any format (if you're unfamiliar with the film, head to our bandcamp to listen to two songs to see if you dig)
Liner notes by composer Claude Foisy
Stoughton gatefold packaging
Cover art by Earl Kess
http://www.terror-vision.com/store/pont ... aude-foisy
By Bezulsqy
Also this was teased:
March - P (08) <---ontypool
April - C (87)
May- SU (84)
June - B (88)
July - PS (92)
August - UM
Sept - GGG/WOG
Oct - NSSE2
I think:
April – Creepozoids
May – Splatter University (score by Chris Burke) ?
June – The Brain (Paul Zaza) ?
July – Pet Semetary Two (Mark Governor) ?

But no idea about the rest.

@inskb and @J.R. you are experts of bad movies if I am not mistaken (and @Monster of course). Any ideas?