Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:55 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:08 am
ScoJo wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 am I think it is likely to be archive of the answer call promo materials and recordings, which you heard if you called the hotline. Perhaps even some of the calls which kids recorded of themselves ringing in/answering trivia questions?

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3370 ... s-hotline/
So not a soundtrack but a compilation of promo materials?
That would be something TV would do. But Ryan did mention this license was the most expensive one he ever got so I am thinking it is for an unreleased New Line cinema horror/scifi title.
New Line will have charged him beaucoup dollores for an NoeS related license. Even if it was just recordings of Robert Englund farting into a pillow for an hour, in a stripey jumper.

From the clues I’m 98% sure it’s the hotline promos. Theyre really fun btw - some crazy fool managed to record them and put them up on YT - if you rang in you got a Freddy greeting, and a three minute horror story (on prime call rate, no doubt!!) I can imagine Ryan coming across this same video, then reaching out to NL to see if it was licensable/access to original recordings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ezM7aT0wM
That makes sense. I will get it whatever it is. TV cannot do anything wrong in my back.
I see Dan Wyman's score to The Lawnmower Man has not yet been released :-)
By inksb
Alright I need folks who purchased and received copies of The House on Sorority Row to check their last track on side B.

I ordered the Kelley Green mail order variant.

It's pressed off center and the needle is swaying back and forth really bad on the last track, End Credits. The pitch is all over the place, sounds like some one is detuning it. I've provided a youtube link to how it's supposed to sound.

I'm mostly interested to see if it's present on all pressings or just the green pressing before I go and contact TV about it.

Here's some recorded audio from my copy

https://we.tl/t-RRYyUP9Q6R
By static14
@Ink I just got back from vacation and plan on spinning my sub copy later on today. I'll report back about the pressing later on. I'd be enormously bummed if there were pitch issues.
By inksb
static14 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:14 pm @Ink I just got back from vacation and plan on spinning my sub copy later on today. I'll report back about the pressing later on. I'd be enormously bummed if there were pitch issues.
Thanks @static. I'm hoping it's just a bad copy on my end and not all pressings of it.
By reddye6
I got my sub copy as I was going out the door. I quickly put on the end of side B, and there was a little lateral movement in the arm. It wasn’t as bad as it was on Video Violence, but it was there.
By static14
spot checked the last track on side 2 and there is some wobble but after listening for a few minutes everything sounds fine to me. i'll check it against the cd later, but i always remember that cue being a purposefully altered version of the main theme, with those weird hurdy-gurdy pitch changes baked in.
By inksb
static14 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 pm spot checked the last track on side 2 and there is some wobble but after listening for a few minutes everything sounds fine to me. i'll check it against the cd later, but i always remember that cue being a purposefully altered version of the main theme, with those weird hurdy-gurdy pitch changes baked in.
Maybe it's just my copy then. You can check the audio from my copy below the youtube link, compared to yours and the youtube audio. They sound quite different from each other.
By static14
I'm on side two now. after it finishes up i'll toss on the cd and play the last track to double check.
By static14
after some A/B'ing there is some wonkiness there on the last track. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it is there. I think we're dealing with a combo of the off center pressing of side 2 (which will cause small pitch issues) and some mild tape stretch on the masters.

that aside i'm still psyched to have it on wax. :) and the issues only really rears it's head on the last few minutes of side 2. that's what leads me to believe tape stretch is the real culprit. But good ear @Inks!
By inksb
Thanks for checking @static. Seems like it's not worth trying to get a replacement since it's on the sub variant too. Outside of that track I think it sounds great so I'm happy to have it.
By reddye6
From Ryan Graveface on Facebook, responding to the warbling sound at the end of Sorority Row and if it's the pressing or possibly stretched tape: "Correct, it's on the master. Kept it cause I liked it instead of trying some studio tricks."
By static14
reddye6 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:38 am From Ryan Graveface on Facebook, responding to the warbling sound at the end of Sorority Row and if it's the pressing or possibly stretched tape: "Correct, it's on the master. Kept it cause I liked it instead of trying some studio tricks."
thanks for the info @reddye6!
By inksb
Thanks @reddye. I have no idea why these companies don't just get in front of stuff like this from the get go. A simple statement on the purchase page that says "there is some slight issues with the last track due to the masters" would completely negate people thinking they have bad pressings. But hey I don't run a label so what the hell do I know?
By ScoJo
It looks like TV’s teased release is actually the music from Freddy’s Nightmares TV series. Strange that nobody guessed this, given the clues! The bloody telephone/ 1-900 number was a complete misdirect, which I fell for ;-)
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:39 am It looks like TV’s teased release is actually the music from Freddy’s Nightmares TV series. Strange that nobody guessed this, given the clues! The bloody telephone/ 1-900 number was a complete misdirect, which I fell for ;-)
inksb wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:47 pm
A few people think it's Freddy's Nightmares. I checked the opening theme and while there's some similar sounds to what is in the preview track it's not that the theme. I haven't really investigated more than that though
By havershaw
Is it just me, or is the jacket for The House on Sorority Row oversized? I can’t find any sleeve protector that will fit this (not even the oversize ones I use for crazy big double LPs).
By reddye6
havershaw wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:48 pm Is it just me, or is the jacket for The House on Sorority Row oversized? I can’t find any sleeve protector that will fit this (not even the oversize ones I use for crazy big double LPs).
It’s not you. The larger sleeves came up in a Facebook post, and Ryan G acknowledged that they are larger and will be for the next few releases.
By havershaw
I don’t hate it, I guess, but I wish I could still get it in some kind of sleeve. I’m sure it will survive, haha. My OCD is struggling with this being the only unsleeved record on the shelf, though.
By reddye6
I ended up buying these sleeves to fit these Terror Vision releases, and they fit. Unfortunately, they're out of stock at Amazon, but if you can find them, they work.
By reddye6
reddye6 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:49 pm I ended up buying these sleeves to fit these Terror Vision releases, and they fit. Unfortunately, they're out of stock at Amazon, but if you can find them, they work.
Basically, getting the 13" x 13" sleeves.
By inksb
This is funny. I actually tried to put Sorority Row in a sleeve yesterday and was annoyed it didn't fit.
By reddye6
Freddy's Nightmares is going to be a 3-LP release, and it goes on sale this Friday at noon Eastern. It's not a pre-order, either.

No other info yet about variants.
By reddye6
Sorry, there will be a 3-LP set and a single best-of LP.