Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
TV confirmed on FB that the pricing for current sub members will run the same. In other words, if you have open slots in our current sub, you will get 2023 releases until it is time for you to renew.
By inksb
Hell of a lineup and those two mystery ones are a "stephen king related" and "one of their most requested since they started"

I am hoping to sign up for the TV club this year
By Bub
We’re taking the LP club in a new direction that’s far more personal and hand-crafted than played-out promo merch like hoodies/hats. 

Shots fired lol
By reddye6
One thing I will say, my sub Waxwork hoodie is really warm and comfortable.

However, I don't need another.

And in this life and the next one, I will never need another slipmat.
By Bub
reddye6 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm One thing I will say, my sub Waxwork hoodie is really warm and comfortable.

I rock the dad hat 🤷‍♂️
By inksb
Bub wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:41 pm
reddye6 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:50 pm One thing I will say, my sub Waxwork hoodie is really warm and comfortable.

I rock the dad hat 🤷‍♂️
I'm jealous, I want a TV hat lol
By Bezulsqy
Bub wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:37 pm We’re taking the LP club in a new direction that’s far more personal and hand-crafted than played-out promo merch like hoodies/hats. 

Shots fired lol
To be fair TV does include this promo merch:
You’ll receive our new 2023 unhappy campers club only tee shirt

You’ll receive our new 2023 unhappy campers tote

You’ll receive our new 2023 club slipmat

You’ll receive our first-ever unhappy campers patch
I am a TV happy camper since day 1 and absolutely love them. If there is one record company I love shelling out my money for it is them.
But I also have been a Waxwork subscriber since their first subscription. I like most of the extra stuff and you don’t really pay for it in the end. If I would buy each release separately I would end up paying almost the same.
The whole brand building of Waxwork is not my cup of tea but the same goes for the direction DWRC ended up going.
Once there was One Way Static but they didn’t last.
A lot of things changed during the past five years…
Then again I am very happy to see Terror Vision being where they are now and staying the course. Lovely people!
By inksb
Well I had my yearly review yesterday and it went well enough so I signed right up for the TV package. First time and since it doesn't seem like Tiger Lab will be doing one any time soon I think I am in the clear here.
By Bezulsqy
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:30 am Not their record club, but I just got Santa Claws Blu-ray and the TV Video Club Shirt. Love the shirt, super cool design.
Simply because it is TV I would love to get in on that Video club... But it is too much money for something I am not going to watch in the end. I do love that shirt!
By inksb
Question for those that have purchased the sub, does your order still say Status: PENDING on your account order page? Just want to check if this is normal or if I should reach out to TV to see what's going on. They already have my funds according to my bank account lol.
By reddye6
inksb wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:31 pm Question for those that have purchased the sub, does your order still say Status: PENDING on your account order page? Just want to check if this is normal or if I should reach out to TV to see what's going on. They already have my funds according to my bank account lol.
My sub status is Completed, but I did a sub renewal back in June and haven't made a new payment (won't be for a couple of months until my current sub is used up).
By inksb
New title up...

Graveyard Shift - Anthony Marinelli & Brian Banks
$35 - 2LP

This one is only being sold through TV's site and is a pretty limited pressing apparently.

https://www.terror-vision.com/store/gra ... 0-ost-2xlp

First time this amazing score has been available on vinyl! Begins shipping April 7th.

Audio pulled from original tapes

Liner notes by composer Anthony Marinelli

2XLP - Side D includes 3 bonus tracks

Gatefold packaging, 2 full-color inner sleeves

Album layout by Earl Kess

Vinyl colorways:

- “Night Shift” variant (clear red/yellow wax)
- Hand-Poured wax (Terror Vision Subscribers only)

By inksb
Also they are releasing Copperhead OST which is being made to order and will ship in the summer. I believe this is the last weekend you can order a copy. The sample tracks he posted sound like fun minimal synths so I ordered a copy
Composed by James Mobberley (electronic score) & Gerald Kemner (piano music).

Music pulled from the original tapes by Mystery St in Chicago (audio restoration sounds INCREDIBLE, listen to a sampler here).

This is an experiment. I’m making this album because I love the music and want a copy. These will be “made to order”. Preorders will be open from now till April 1st. I will simply make the amount of copies we sell. If you’re a record clubber and you want a copy, please let us know. We’ll send an opt-in email. I’m not going to force you to own a copy should you not want it.

There are two variants, the retail/mailorder one for the general public and a custom Record Club variant that clubbers will need to opt-in for.
By Bezulsqy
I added Copperhead as part of my subscription. Haven't listened to it yet.
Watching the movie does not appeal to me :-)

I don't think I have ever seen Graveyard Shift. Curious to here the story behind this release as Ryan mentioned he was going to tell in the subscriber podcast.
By Hatter313
Graveyard shift is one of the more deeply silly Stephen King adaptations out there, featuring one of the most over the top Maine accents I have ever heard (although apparently not entirely inaccurate depending on how north you get) and one of Brad Dourif’s more inexplicable performance choices.

Personally I adore the hell out of it. It’s like a missing creepshow segment
By inksb
I haven't sen Graveyard Shift since I was a kid, I should probably revisit it.

I'm with you @bez Copperhead the movie is not for me, I don't care for snakes and watching a low budget film of people mishandling them is not appealing to me. But I am interested in the score.
By inksb
LINNEA QUIGLEY'S HORROR WORKOUT (1990) OST LP
$30.00
First time this rad score by John Vulich has been available on vinyl! This is a PREORDER that will ship in July.
Audio pulled from original tapes
Liner notes
Gatefold packaging, full-color inner sleeve
Album layout/design by Earl Kess
Vinyl colorways:
- “Zombiecise” variant (pics coming soon)
- Hand-Poured wax (Terror Vision Subscribers only, join here to receive this)

https://www.terror-vision.com/store/lin ... out-ost-lp

Also the bluray is available for those into the finer things in life

https://www.terror-vision.com/store/lin ... ut-blu-ray

By inksb
For those interested in the finer things that life offers
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-19 143053.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-19 143053.jpg (102.82 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
By inksb
Terror Vision had a live reveal last night for their upcoming bluray slate but they revealed a few music related things as well. I didn't make it through the whole thing, as it was approaching 1 am my time I decided to try and go to sleep but this was what they confirmed.

First two updates:

Linnea Quigley's Horror Workout vinyl has arrived and will be shipping out in the next week or two

Copperhead has arrived but the jackets are all going to be screen printed so that will take 1-2 weeks because it's both sides of the jacket and 3 colors. They are trying to fit them in between other printing projects going on.

New releases coming soon

Bruce Broughton - Monster Squad 3LP @ 45rpm
This release features 8 cues that were left off of the Mondo release years ago, new art from their usual guy (can't remember his name). This will only count as one record of your TV sub which is pretty fucking cool of them to do since it's a 3LP. I feel like they are losing money on that. It will also be limited to a very specific amount due to the licensing they had with the studio.

Charles Bernstein - Rumpelstiltskin 2LP
They didn't really talk about this one much other than they said it's coming, it's going to be a small pressing bc they are not sure if will be all that popular. I'm assuming it's the 1995 horror film composed by Charles Bernstein. Another one where they are limited pressing quantity due to studio licensing.

Rosemary's Baby Cassette
No vinyl for this as they said it's already on vinyl (waxwork). I'll probably still pick it up bc it will most likely have original poster art on the j-card

If any one else watched the whole thing or at least see's a full list of what they announced for music related stuff let us know.

As for their movie releases, they have a lot of interesting things coming. One in particular is a bluray of The Devil's Sword, an excellent Indonesian film which I'm surprised that Mondo Macabro didn't just put out since they have done the DVD in the past.

Here's a list I found on bluray forum

• Malum (2023) (4K UHD + Blu-ray w/ 2000 unit Limited Edition Slip)
• Shreck (1990) (Blu-ray w/ 2000 unit Limited Edition Slip)
• Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla (2014) (Blu-ray w/ 2000 unit Limited Edition Slip)
• Killer (1990) (Blu-ray w/ 2000 unit Limited Edition Slip)
• Escape From Hellhole (1983) (Blu-ray w/ 2000 unit Limited Edition Slip)

Coming Soon:
• Inferno (1911) (Blu-ray)
• Nailgun Massacre (1985) (Blu-ray)
• Slashers (2001) (Blu-ray)
• Gator Bait (1974) + Gator Bait 2 (1988) (Blu-ray, potential for 4K UHD TBD)
• Hollow Gate (1988) (Blu-ray)
• Mayhem (1986) (Blu-ray)
• America's Deadliest Home Video (1993) (Blu-ray)
• The Devil's Sword (1983) (Blu-ray)
• Rocktober Blood (1984) (Blu-ray)
• Popatopolis (2009) (Blu-ray)
• Black Cobra (1987) (Blu-ray, potential for 4K UHD TBD)
• Black Cobra 2 (1989) (Blu-ray, potential for 4K UHD TBD)
• Door (1988) (Blu-ray)
• Woodchipper Massacre (1988) (Blu-ray)
• Shadows Run Black (1984) (Blu-ray)
• Hell's Highway (2002) (Blu-ray)
• Blood Car (2007) (Blu-ray)
• Children of Violent Rome (1976) (Blu-ray)
• Tiger Joe (1982) (Blu-ray)
• The Last Blood (1983) (Blu-ray)
• City Lights Entertainment catalog
• TBA 9 film boxset
• Happy Hell Night (1992) (4K UHD)
• a hell of a lot more TBA
By 334578rpm
I listened to the whole thing this morning. I think your list pretty much covers everything.
By 334578rpm
Also, from the teaser vid...
Attachments
Screenshot_20230801-105522~2.png
Screenshot_20230801-105522~2.png (771.39 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
Screenshot_20230801-105446~2.png
Screenshot_20230801-105446~2.png (470.41 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
By Bezulsqy
Return of the Living Dead 2 (1988) LP - How this score by J. Peter Robinson has never had an LP release is BEYOND ME. But I tell ya what, I'm glad because we're releasing it. The art is still being worked on (it's not just the title in a square haha) but the music is all assembled and mastered (by the composer himself). So I'm thinking a late Nov to early Dec release on this one. Note: This is the SCORE ONLY. The soundtrack has already had a release and you can find them pretty cheap if you're looking for those Anthrax tunes haha. This is not that.
By inksb
Rumpelstilskin - Charles Bernstein - Sept 15 (for clubbers, probably with in a few weeks for open orders)

Monster Squad 3LP - Bruce Broughton - Oct 1st (clubbers)

Toxic Crusaider 2LP - Dennis C Brown & Larry Brown - Oct 20th (clubbers)

There's Nothing Out There 2LP - ???? soundtrack/score/demos - Late Nov

Return of the Living Dead 2 - J Peter Robinson (score only ) - Early Dec