Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Just wanted to say how much I love the score to 'From a Whisper to a Scream'. I am not sure why I like it as much as I do, but I just do. It is diverse sounding and I do like to little bit of dialogue. Really great release Terror Vision! I recommend this release to everyone!
By NMA
Bezulsqy wrote:Just wanted to say how much I love the score to 'From a Whisper to a Scream'. I am not sure why I like it as much as I do, but I just do. It is diverse sounding and I do like to little bit of dialogue. Really great release Terror Vision! I recommend this release to everyone!
Totally agree. I haven't received my vinyl copy yet but I do have the cassette version and the soundtrack is gorgeous ;)
By Voodoo_Jim
After getting (and spinning) my copy of From a Whisper to a Scream, I know these releases will be quality!
By bpwlogan
Just picked up Spookies, and From a Whisper to a Scream on cassette. Also, picked up a Miss Pussycat lp. Thanks for thinking of the tape heads TV. I'm looking forward to these releases.
By EvanCampbell
Great to see Spookies getting released! I like the taste of this label...FUN! It has been forever since I watched this film. I seem to remember a very inspiring bad old age makeup and farting mud people. Could someone please tell me if this is the film with the farting mud people?...only in an insane world does that question make sense.
By terrorvision
EvanCampbell wrote:Great to see Spookies getting released! I like the taste of this label...FUN! It has been forever since I watched this film. I seem to remember a very inspiring bad old age makeup and farting mud people. Could someone please tell me if this is the film with the farting mud people?...only in an insane world does that question make sense.
Haha. Spookies is indeed the movie you are thinking of. They are the "Muck Men".
By EvanCampbell
@terrorvision & static14 - thanks...ahh the muck men :) death by puddle seems like a similar fate as the Neon Maniacs.
By texasvinyl
Spookies is a cool release! Turned up yesterday with a T-shirt for subbers. Coke bottle clear green with a red center.
By terrorvision
texasvinyl wrote:Spookies is a cool release! Turned up yesterday with a T-shirt for subbers. Coke bottle clear green with a red center.
Woo! Thanks a ton for your support!
By Aremagod
As good as the music on the Spookies album is I think the music on the From A Whisper To A Scream album is a hair bit more awesome and I thank @terrorvision for unleashing these upon the world. They also look fantastic.
By terrorvision
Aremagod wrote:As good as the music on the Spookies album is I think the music on the From A Whisper To A Scream album is a hair bit more awesome and I thank @terrorvision for unleashing these upon the world. They also look fantastic.
Yeah it's really good. I hope more people give it a shot at some point.
By Bezulsqy
Aremagod wrote:As good as the music on the Spookies album is I think the music on the From A Whisper To A Scream album is a hair bit more awesome and I thank @terrorvision for unleashing these upon the world. They also look fantastic.
Completely agree. From A Ahisper To A Scream is one of my favorite releases of 2015! Really great.
Looking forward to my Spookies copy... any day now.
By Bezulsqy
Some news.

I am not going to disclose all the info in the subscriber email, but the info posted on twitter is:

This Thursday:
Piero Montanari's Ghosthouse
It has never had a vinyl release and we remastered from the original tapes. This release is limited to 500 (200 of which are for you, the TV subscribers), comes with liner notes from the composer and director, is packaged in an awesome Stoughton gatefold jacket and features sick layout/design from Earl Kessler.
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (727.9 KiB) Viewed 9959 times
By static14
i actually just watched Ghosthouse yesterday on Shudder :)

I wonder if it's just the American version of the film but holy cow is there a lot of music "borrowed" from Stagefright.

Update - Just read Terror-Vision's facebook post and it looks like The album will feature music by all three composers who have music in the film.
By Jeff
After finding out Ghosthouse was being released I had to grab a copy as well as Spookies. Terror-Vision is going pretty strong here with just 3 LPs so far. I'm excited to see what else they release. Cool stuff.
By ScoJo
Spookies is spectacular in my humble....LOVE that score! Must check out Ghosthouse (the film) and see if that one's for me.
By NMA
Jeff wrote:After finding out Ghosthouse was being released I had to grab a copy as well as Spookies. Terror-Vision is going pretty strong here with just 3 LPs so far. I'm excited to see what else they release. Cool stuff.
There are 5 releases so far (apart from the originals):

http://www.terror-vision.com/releases/

T.V.001 "Not of this Earth" OST by Chuck Cirino ('88)
T.V.003 "From a Whisper to a Scream (The Offspring)" OST by Jim Manzie ('87)
T.V.004 "Killing Spree" OST by Perry Monroe ('87)
T.V.005 "Spookies" OST by James Calabrese & Ken Higgins ('86)
T.V.006 "Ghosthouse" OST by Piero Montanari ('88)