Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I have been a Happy Camper since their first release. Love this label. Great to see others are joining the club.
By static14
Bez how do the discounts work? Will I get some kind of code or something to use at checkout?
By Bezulsqy
static14 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:26 pm Bez how do the discounts work? Will I get some kind of code or something to use at checkout?
No, you will get a password to enter a locked part of the webstore. There you can get everything that is on the frontpage (and more) at a discounted rate. In the end it means you will automatically get your subscription titles and order all the rest you want from that locked page.
By CrossedPete
I really like what TV has been putting out lately I want almost everything they put out. My problem is the shipping is killer to Canada. I just put in an order for the People Under the Stairs and The Gate. Shipping was over $40 sadly this was too much for me to pull the trigger. I probably will put in an order once the border opens up and I can ship it to a parcel pick up. The shipping will probably be less then a quarter of the price to Canada.
By inksb
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 pm I really like what TV has been putting out lately I want almost everything they put out. My problem is the shipping is killer to Canada. I just put in an order for the People Under the Stairs and The Gate. Shipping was over $40 sadly this was too much for me to pull the trigger. I probably will put in an order once the border opens up and I can ship it to a parcel pick up. The shipping will probably be less then a quarter of the price to Canada.
That's insane! I haven't shipped to Canada in over a year but the last time I shipped a record was $15. Has it really gone up that much? Or are you just getting saddled with the standard "international shipping price" that applies to worldwide shipping.
By Bub
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 pm I really like what TV has been putting out lately I want almost everything they put out. My problem is the shipping is killer to Canada. I just put in an order for the People Under the Stairs and The Gate. Shipping was over $40 sadly this was too much for me to pull the trigger. I probably will put in an order once the border opens up and I can ship it to a parcel pick up. The shipping will probably be less then a quarter of the price to Canada.
Was the shipping calculated by your location or was it a general flat International rate? If the latter, I say hit them up about it. They're super cool/easy to work with & may send you an invoice with the actual cost of shipping if that's the case.
By CrossedPete
Not sure it’s probably the standard international shipping. As far as I know it should still be around the $15 mark but I’ve seen it as high as $24 for a single LP.

Great idea @bub! I think I might send them an email just to see if somehow it can get a little lower
By Bezulsqy
Ryan from TV mentioned in that Mondo soundtrack panel that he has another 6 or so releases planned to release this year... That sounds like a bit much but very much looking forward to it. Next month I will renew my subscription for the 4th time I believe. If there is one label that truly feels like it is run by a fan releasing the stuff he wants it is TV.
By inksb
Pre-orders coming next week...

Screenshot 2021-09-28 143848.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-28 143848.jpg (77.46 KiB) Viewed 3198 times
By ScoJo
Aha! So this is the title he was saying he couldnt believe he got the license for/was showing off master tapes? Fucken A!
By static14
@Scojo I think that title is still a mystery. HOSR was announced when the new subscription went up for sale a while back.
By ScoJo
static14 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:05 pm @Scojo I think that title is still a mystery. HOSR was announced when the new subscription went up for sale a while back.
Hmm… wonder what the mystery one is
By 334578rpm
ScoJo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 pm
static14 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:05 pm @Scojo I think that title is still a mystery. HOSR was announced when the new subscription went up for sale a while back.
He posted a quick clip of it on his socials recently.
I couldn't identify it.
It's a New Line Cinema property.
By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:36 pm
ScoJo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 pm
He posted a quick clip of it on his socials recently.
I couldn't identify it.
It's a New Line Cinema property.
A few people think it's Freddy's Nightmares. I checked the opening theme and while there's some similar sounds to what is in the preview track it's not that the theme. I haven't really investigated more than that though
By Bezulsqy
Anyone knows what the mystery release is based on the image of the partial hotline number on TVs instagram?
Some think it refers to a hotline used in the marketing for Freddy's Dead (1-900-860-4-FRED)

I see that Freddy's Dead has been released by Varese in 1991 so that is not going to be it.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 am I think it is likely to be archive of the answer call promo materials and recordings, which you heard if you called the hotline. Perhaps even some of the calls which kids recorded of themselves ringing in/answering trivia questions?

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3370 ... s-hotline/
So not a soundtrack but a compilation of promo materials?
That would be something TV would do. But Ryan did mention this license was the most expensive one he ever got so I am thinking it is for an unreleased New Line cinema horror/scifi title.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:08 am
ScoJo wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 am I think it is likely to be archive of the answer call promo materials and recordings, which you heard if you called the hotline. Perhaps even some of the calls which kids recorded of themselves ringing in/answering trivia questions?

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3370 ... s-hotline/
So not a soundtrack but a compilation of promo materials?
That would be something TV would do. But Ryan did mention this license was the most expensive one he ever got so I am thinking it is for an unreleased New Line cinema horror/scifi title.
New Line will have charged him beaucoup dollores for an NoeS related license. Even if it was just recordings of Robert Englund farting into a pillow for an hour, in a stripey jumper.

From the clues I’m 98% sure it’s the hotline promos. Theyre really fun btw - some crazy fool managed to record them and put them up on YT - if you rang in you got a Freddy greeting, and a three minute horror story (on prime call rate, no doubt!!) I can imagine Ryan coming across this same video, then reaching out to NL to see if it was licensable/access to original recordings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ezM7aT0wM