Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bub
Nice! Yeah I'm looking forward to checking it out especially now since I will finally be seeing him perform. And you just reminded me that I need to finish listening to that episode.
I love how the USPS/UPS work sometimes. My copy shipped last week, the location is about 2 hours from me in the same state, yet it's already gone to another state, sorted and coming back into my state.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 pm I love how the USPS/UPS work sometimes. My copy shipped last week, the location is about 2 hours from me in the same state, yet it's already gone to another state, sorted and coming back into my state.
My copy of Majueres new album was slated to arrive two weeks ago, I checked my tracking and noticed that they sent it to the post office in the next town over (about 12 miles east), the USPS solution to this was to send it back to the Pittsburgh distribution center to ship back to my town's USPS. Seriously, wtf is wrong with them as a business, on top of that they could have just contacted me, I would have said hold the package and I'll come pick it up rather than wait another week to get the package.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:51 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:45 pm I love how the USPS/UPS work sometimes. My copy shipped last week, the location is about 2 hours from me in the same state, yet it's already gone to another state, sorted and coming back into my state.
My copy of Majueres new album was slated to arrive two weeks ago, I checked my tracking and noticed that they sent it to the post office in the next town over (about 12 miles east), the USPS solution to this was to send it back to the Pittsburgh distribution center to ship back to my town's USPS. Seriously, wtf is wrong with them as a business, on top of that they could have just contacted me, I would have said hold the package and I'll come pick it up rather than wait another week to get the package.
Threadjack, but have you heard the entire new LP yet? I really liked the preview song a lot, but when I streamed the full album recently, it did not resonate with me.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 am
Threadjack, but have you heard the entire new LP yet? I really liked the preview song a lot, but when I streamed the full album recently, it did not resonate with me.
I've only listened to it twice and both times it was on in the background while I did work but I enjoyed it. I'm not overly familiar with all of his work, I've just listened to a handful of his albums, I know he has a lot but I just haven't made my way through all of them. What are your preferred albums from him?
By inksb
Any one here coughing up the $180 for At the Mountains of Madness? I would love to but I know I would listen to it once or twice and be done with it.
By reddye6
I've been doing the subscription, so I will be getting it at some point.

That is a tough one. I like the idea in theory of this unabridged release (obviously, I got the sub). However, how often will I be sitting and putting on all 6 LPs to listen to the story? And will I really just pull out LP4 and listen to it by itself?

I did listen to the isolated score last night, and it's quite good, so it has that going for it.
By layneharvey
i, too, and a subscriber with Cadabra. i can't wait to have this in my hands. i'll have to set aside an entire afternoon/evening for the marathon listening session.