Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
i hear that. nice to have a label close to home though, where are you guys?
By Hatter313
Gotcha, down in Westchester myself. love it up by you guys. can't wait to start spinning these, totally going to be on high rotation this fall i think.
By Vapormeyer
Hi there, very excited about this release. I've bought the LP from the UK via your Cabara site is that going to cause any issues?.
By Vapormeyer
I meant 'Cadabra' by the way.
By Bezulsqy
I have a question about the subscription. It is stated that Cadabr-003 and Cadabr-005 are due in winter 2016. Is that accurate? Also the color variant applies to Cadabr-001 and Cadabr-003. So Cadabr-005 is the same release as the 4 x 7" boxset?
Could you tell me why the price is $139? I assume the two Lp's are the same price ($24). That would leave a very pricey 7" boxset.
I'm not trying to be cheap... but I love subscriptions and am trying to justify the cost for myself :-)
By Cadabra Records
Hi Bezulsqy,

The break down is this: 2x lps $26 ($24 is the standard black). Boxset will run somewhere between $45/$50 (these aren't cheap to make in small quantities). Print and shirt-$40, plus packaging materials as these are shipped separate. These are slated for this coming winter season. Cadabr-005 is the box set. The sub will be the only variant for cadabr-001 and 005.
By Bezulsqy
Thanks for your fast response. On your site it stated winter 2016. Now I understand :-) Winter starts in December. LOL. It all makes sense now.
When you divide the costs like that it definitely sounds fair. Because I'm not that interested in the print and shirt this is probably not really for me. I will get the records through OWS. Or maybe I change my mind before the 21st and do get the sub :-)
All the best and good luck with Cadabra Records!
By Vapormeyer
@bezulsqy I've done the same and just opted to get the LP's individually. Hopefully I got in quick enough to pick up the signed print which would be nice.
By Hatter313
I got an email from them yesterday telling me I was order/customer #1, so I'm sure you were close behind. :)
By Voodoo_Jim
if the order #'s are consecutive, I think I was #3!
By Cadabra Records
Hey guys,

After some consideration we've decided to pull the Lee Brown Coye Sub. This means we'll have a very cool variant called "Floyd's Nightmare" in a bone and black swirl for sale in the early AM (eastern time) tomorrow. For those who've ordered the standard edition from us, just paypal us $2 more and it's yours. We'll also have the limited "Where Is Abby?" shirt for sale too!

By Vapormeyer
Hi Cadabra,

Stupid question probably, but what's the email address to paypal the money to? Also, do we keep the same order number? e.g if I pay the $2 more will i still get the signed print if I bought early on?

Many thanks.
By Vapormeyer
Cheers Cadabra, $2 is on it's way now to you.
By Bezulsqy
Decided to buy the variant through your site. I wish you all the best and looking forward to the next release.
By Hatter313
A little bonus showed up at my door today (along with TLV002...it's test pressing day!)

Very cool art on the TP cover, can't wait to give this a listen.
By Cadabra Records
Hey Everyone, We now have these in stock, shipping starts next week. We're very happy on how these turned out. Thanks to everyone on here who's ordered!
We have a review you can check out HERE You can also stream the title story to check out HERE
By Voodoo_Jim
Already got my shipping notice! Can't wait to spin this one - the colors look great.
By Cadabra Records
Bloodydisgusting.com

Press Release:

This January, Spoken Arts label, Cadabra Records will proudly bring you the first in a dedicated series collecting the best of author H.P. LOVECRAFT, with The Hound & The Music Of Erich Zann.

2015 marks the 125th anniversary of the life of H.P. LOVECRAFT, the creative mastermind who helped attract countless souls into the realms of horror fiction for more than a century, responsible for the creation of timeless stories such as The Call of Cthulhu, At the Mountains Of Madness, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, The Dunwich Horror and many more.

With this, the first in an ongoing series for Cadabra Records, reader Andrew Leman brings to life stories two of the legendary American writer’s stories, The Hound and The Music Of Erich Zann. Leman is a partner of the H.P. LOVECRAFT historical society, a professional actor with years of stage, screen, and audio performances including The Call of Cthulhu, The Whisperer in Darkness, and Dark Adventure Radio Theatre. Leman’s voice captures the terror, dread, suspense and madness permeating Lovecraft’s writing. Additionally, the liner notes for the record were written by by S.T. Joshi who is a leading scholar on the writer and the author of H. P. Lovecraft: The Decline Of The West (1990), I Am Providence: The Life And Times Of H. P. Lovecraft (2010), Lovecraft And An Age In Transition (2014), and other critical and biographical works. With sound and effects handled by Hickey and the artwork commissioned to Alan Brown, The Hound & The Music Of Erich Zann will mark the first time LOVECRAFT has been read on vinyl in over thirty-five years.

H.P. LOVECRAFT remains a master of the weird tale, his influence has spanned through generations of film makers, musicians, artists, and authors alike. Whether you’ve already read his work or are new to Lovecraft, we promise you will gasp in wonder to the horrors within. Dim the lights, close your eyes, and listen to some of the greatest tales of horror ever told.

Cadabra Records specializes the Spoken Arts — specifically, dark words in the vinyl format — and The Hound & The Music Of Erich Zann will see an initial first pressing of 500 copies. The LP will be pressed on 150-gram vinyl and housed in a gatefold tip-on “old style” jacket, including a 4-page booklet with new liner notes and more. Preorders will be made available the first week of November and the album will ship out in January. Stand by for further details.

— About H. P. LOVECRAFT by S.T. Joshi —

H.P. LOVECRAFT (1890–1937) was born and spent most of his life in Providence, Rhode Island. An early interest in classical mythology, Grimm’s fairy tales, and the tales of Poe led to a lifelong devotion to weird fiction. Ill health early in life caused his formal schooling to be very irregular, and he dropped out of high school in 1908 without a diploma. He began writing stories in 1917, when he was involved with amateur journalism. The founding of the pulp magazine Weird Tales in 1923 provided a professional outlet for much of his work. In 1924 he married Sonia Haft Greene and settled in Brooklyn, but he could not endure the bustle and heterogeneous population of the city, and he returned to Providence in 1926, effectively ending the marriage. In his final decade of life, he did little but write a few stories and an immense number of letters while also traveling up and down the Eastern Seaboard. He was unsuccessful in selling a book of his tales to a major publisher during his lifetime, but after his death his friends August Derleth and Donald Wandrei founded Arkham House to preserve his work in book form. His Cthulhu Mythos—an invented mythology that postulated the existence of immense “gods” who rule the universe—was a powerful fictional representation of the atheism and materialism that underscored his philosophical thought. He has become one of the most widely imitated writers in literary history.
By reddye6
Curious if any of the subscriber 7"s for the Lovecraft subscription have been mailed yet.
By reelybored
Loving the NY clan here! Oranage County, NY here! @Cadabra, loving what you guys are doing!
By Hatter313
Hudson Valley is well represented here :)

Where in orange are you? I know a few people from the Monroe/woodbury area, and my folks almost moved up to Warwick a few years back. Love it up by you.
By reelybored
@hatter313 I'm in Rock Tavern, by Stewart Airport. Lived in New Paltz for about 6 years before that. I do love being here, far away from the city (where I grew up) yet close enough to visit on a my given day!