Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By SpaceCadet
Lurking Fear and Pickmans Modelare fugging incredible- as a writer I think they're up there with my copy of FEZ.

June's Call of Cthulhu 2LP has me giddy beyond belief! Oh I hope they tackle Color Out Of Space and Dunwhich Horror, At the Mountains of Madness, The Festival, how many do you want me to name
By Hatter313
I talk to the label head a lot, (benefits of being customer number 1 haha) and he's got some great stuff planned, I'm super pleased about how he has been able to put out so many excellent releases and the design/packaging/presentation of their stuff just keeps blowing me away. Some of the best "boutique" feeling releases out there.
By SpaceCadet
Hatter313 wrote:I'm super pleased about how he has been able to put out so many excellent releases and the design/packaging/presentation of their stuff just keeps blowing me away.
The accompanying design is in fact dark god-tier. The art and sound are incredible. Nine out of ten Lovecraft stories and I'm there for sure.

Plus, Tony Todd for Dracula? Unbelievably dope.
By Voodoo_Jim
Wow - the upcoming box set look gorgeous! I'm in for the Yellow Sign one, but I don't know if I can swing the Hound of the Baskervilles or the Fungi From Yuggoth ones right now. The Dracula one was fantastic - I intend to get it signed by Tony Todd in September.
By Hatter313
Yeah I wish I could swing the boxes, they are gorgeous. too many hobbies maybe...
By Voodoo_Jim
@mateo - I have the lathe cut, picture disc 7" for the Yellow Sign box set in hand. Fantastic work in person, I can't wait to see the rest of the package.

The Dracula came in a lined, branded box, with a spiral bound script, signed art portfolio, and a test pressing of the LP on black vinyl. When I have a moment, I'll snap some pics.
By Mateo Sanboval
Voodoo_Jim wrote:@mateo - I have the lathe cut, picture disc 7" for the Yellow Sign box set in hand. Fantastic work in person, I can't wait to see the rest of the package.

The Dracula came in a lined, branded box, with a spiral bound script, signed art portfolio, and a test pressing of the LP on black vinyl. When I have a moment, I'll snap some pics.
I'd love that, Jim. These are far out of my price range, but I'm salivating over these beauties. The Yellow Sign is a particular favorite.
By Hatter313
Was talking to Jon yesterday a little. its amazing what he's been able to do with this label in just the last 2 years. incredible.
By Voodoo_Jim
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Voodoo_Jim wrote:@mateo - I have the lathe cut, picture disc 7" for the Yellow Sign box set in hand. Fantastic work in person, I can't wait to see the rest of the package.

I'd love that, Jim. These are far out of my price range, but I'm salivating over these beauties. The Yellow Sign is a particular favorite.
Some images of the limited Dracula package

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jGYLT ... wbqlsrOa3A
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cOKzu ... HqFUbGKE_g
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QC-kG ... j-zx0W4dJQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12NlOz ... NTN088NwpQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ibzg4 ... juW65YGrRA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tZAkz ... m7kOyK8dfQ
By deafmetal
Voodoo_Jim wrote:Some images of the limited Dracula package

Wow... can't even imagine how the deluxe Frizzi package is going to look. Jealous of those of you who are picking up these works of art.
By Voodoo_Jim
It is a real Beauty guys. The pieces of the yellow sign box set are starting to filter in, I already have the lathe Cuts picture disc 7-inch plus the poster and the limited to 20 screen print of the art
By Mateo Sanboval
Spun out of control wrote:
Voodoo_Jim wrote:I sprung for the blood filled variant of the Frizzi collaboration!
Blood filled...?? Is this a spot of leg pulling or an exclusive for subscribers?
By Voodoo_Jim
Spun out of control wrote:
Voodoo_Jim wrote:I sprung for the blood filled variant of the Frizzi collaboration!
Blood filled...?? Is this a spot of leg pulling or an exclusive for subscribers?

It's not a hoax! They are doing a run blood filled that were available to subscribers for an hour window on the website. I don't know if they sold out or if there will be more available to the public. There were TWO editions of the blood filled package:

"We will have two editions available:

* Standard edition will be priced at $195.00 edition of 40

* Deluxe edition with a ton of extras including: a clamshell case, signed prints, a test press and more priced at $325.00, only 15 sets will be available.

Both are incredible packages and you better believe having a chance to work with composer Fabio Frizzi, this package will not disappoint! "

I couldn't swing the deluxe edition, which will have a clamshell case by the company who does work for Centipede Press. Besides hand numbering these, they are personalizing them with the orderer's name (from the library of...).
By Bezulsqy
I also comtemplated that deluxe blood-filled copy for about an hour. But then I decided to buy about 15 records for less money than that. Plus I already pre-ordered the variant without the bells and whistles.
Anyways, bless them for creating these packages. You do see the love and passion going into these projects.
By Voodoo_Jim
I just got the shipping notice for The Yellow Sign box set - I'll post pics of the full package once its finally in! They've been shipping it in chunks - I received the lathe cut picture disc 7" right when it was up for order and the signed print + poster came in a week ago.
By Mateo Sanboval
Does Cadabra Records do any digital releases or are their properties licensed digitally by someone else?
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Does Cadabra Records do any digital releases or are their properties licensed digitally by someone else?
Fangoria did the Tony Todd/Dracula...not sure about t'others though.