Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
So I received The Picture in the House for Xmas this year and haven't actually sat down to listen to it until yesterday. I really enjoyed the story but the standout is Frizzi's score. Side A has the story and Side B is just the score. I listened to the score 4 times in a row. Worth the money just for Side B. Highly recommended for any Frizzi fan.

I also got suckered into the double LP release this weekend of Call of Cthulhu. It's fucking expensive and I should not have spent the money because I want that Tenebrae release this week but the limited nature and love for Lovecraft got me.
By Bub
Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat - Read by Anthony D. P. Mann, score by Fabio Frizzi

On sale today at 12pm EST

Retail edition:

* Pressed in 150 gram vinyl
* Printed on a deluxe heavy weight tip-on gatefold jacket
* Liner Notes by Fabio Capuzzo, author of Goblin, Seven Notes in Red
* Includes an insert with liner notes by Fabio Frizzi
* Includes a 24″ x 36″ poster
* Newly commissioned art by Jeremy Hush

This one though. I'm digging these isolated scores

Exclusive direct edition:

* 2x LP set
* Album 2 includes Fabio Frizzi’s isolated score
* Includes an expanded insert with liner notes by Fabio Frizzi and additional art

https://soundcloud.com/cadabraecords/ed ... bio-frizzi

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bki9LZ0hF5u/
Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.22.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.22.07 AM.png (220.53 KiB) Viewed 5105 times
By Bub
NathanLurker wrote:42 USD for the 2LP and 36 USD for shipping to canada. I guess I'm out :(
Hit him up. Maybe that's a flat rate set for "International" in general.
By NathanLurker
Bub wrote:
NathanLurker wrote:42 USD for the 2LP and 36 USD for shipping to canada. I guess I'm out :(
Hit him up. Maybe that's a flat rate set for "International" in general.

Indeed, it was. They changed it. 16 USD shipping.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:These releases are so expensive but I kind of just want it for the isolated Frizzi score. His last score he did for them was fantastic.
Agreed, this release is a must for me. I also really enjoyed The Picture in the House, and really appreciated the inclusion of the isolated score.

This release got me thinking about the last Frizzi collab again, so I went searching for photos of the deluxe edition. They did not disappoint:

Any "Wax Mages" this time around? ;)
By Juiceycow
Bub wrote:Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat - Read by Anthony D. P. Mann, score by Fabio Frizzi

On sale today at 12pm EST

Retail edition:

* Includes an insert with liner notes by Fabio Frizzi

This one though. I'm digging these isolated scores

Exclusive direct edition:

* 2x LP set
* Album 2 includes Fabio Frizzi’s isolated score
* Includes an expanded insert with liner notes by Fabio Frizzi and additional art

https://soundcloud.com/cadabraecords/ed ... bio-frizzi

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bki9LZ0hF5u/
Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.22.07 AM.png
Have there been any images online of the "Black swirl over transparent red vinyl"? I cant seem to find any online...
By inksb
New sub is up for sale. Really annoyed that they are locking the 2nd LP of the new Alone In the Woods album behind a $260 limited subscription. I'm all for bonus content of special artwork and swag but the actual music being locked away sucks. I did talk to Jon from Alone in the Woods on IG yesterday and he said the extra tracks will be available digitally later but I like my physical releases. If any one is getting the sub and isn't interested in their LP let me know and I'll thrown you the digital cash for it ;)
* Ora Pro Nobis 7”. Read by Laurence R. Harvey, music by Chris Bozzone, art by Jeremy Hush. This is a collection of mourning - death poems that were collected in post card sets nearly a century ago to help cope with grief, mourning and loss. We’ve adapted these beautiful pieces into vinyl form.

* Edogawa Rampo, The Caterpillar LP. Read by Laurence R. Harvey, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Zakuro Aoyama. This is easily one of the darkest and most atmospheric releases to date. Includes new essay by Marc Walkow. Housed in single sleeve tip-on jacket. Includes an 18" x 24" poster.

* H. P. Lovecraft, I Notturni Di Yuggoth LP. Read by Andrew Leman, music by Fabio Frizzi. Subscription edition includes an alternate triple panel gatefold with art by Karmazid not offered elsewhere. A dark and very classical record performed by all acoustic instrumentation, a listening experience unlike anything you've heard before. Based on H. P. Lovecraft's Fungi From Yuggoth. Housed in a deluxe triple gatefold sleeve, includes poster.

* Edgar Allan Poe, Ligeia LP. Read by Anthony D. P. Mann, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Katy Horan. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve with new essay by Fabio Cappuzo. Also includes a 18" x 24" poster and insert.

* Lucio Fulci, The Beyond - Composers Cut LP by Fabio Frizzi. The is a newly recorded, brand new composers cut re-score of the classic film The Beyond. Subscription edition includes alternate cover art by Jeremy Hush not offered elsewhere. Also includes a barf bag and sticker exclusive to subscribers. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve. A 36" x 40" movie sized poster also included.

* Alone in the Woods - Kwaidan 2x LP set. Art by Zakuro Aoyama. This is the first in a new series of music inspired by literary works. Alone in the Woods has created a moving and atmospheric soundtrack to the ghost stories of Kwaidan. Includes a 2nd LP of extended material exclusive to Sub 5 not offered anywhere else. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve with new essay by Marc Walkow. Also includes a 18" x 24" poster.

* H. P. Lovecraft, The Colour Out of Space 2 x LP set. Ready by Andrew Leman, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Karmazid. Housed in a deluxe gatefold tip-on sleeve with new essay by weird fiction scholar S. T. Joshi. Also includes a 24" x 36" poster and insert.

* Thomas De Quincey Suspiria De Profundis: Levana and Our Ladies of Sorrow 7”. Ready by Laurence R. Harvey, score by Chris Bozzone, art by Al Columbia. New essay by J. Blake Fichera author of Score to Death. There are very limited copies of this release, this subscription is the only way to assure a copy.
By lazyben
I signed up for the sub (for the first time) for the 2 frizzi things really. I’m not familiar with alone in the woods so I’ll need to give that one a listen. I like most of the random cadabra things I’ve bought but I haven’t heard enough of the catalog to be sure I’ll be into every release.
By inksb
lazyben wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:49 pm I signed up for the sub (for the first time) for the 2 frizzi things really. I’m not familiar with alone in the woods so I’ll need to give that one a listen. I like most of the random cadabra things I’ve bought but I haven’t heard enough of the catalog to be sure I’ll be into every release.
I don't believe the Alone in the Woods album will have any spoken dialog on it, it's an inspired by literary works audio presentation. If you do end up getting it and don't care much for it please let me know I'll take it off your hands. I just can't swing the sub at the moment and honestly I'm only interested in the Frizzi titles and Alone in the Woods. I've bought few of Cadabra's stuff in the past and while I think it's incredible work I don't listen to them often enough to really want the sub. I do really like when he does the score separate from the story so I can listen to the music any time I want.
By Hatter313
unfortunately this is the first tie i haven't subbed with him. i was literally his first customer and feel bad about that, but i've finally hit that place where i need to curb the spending and the collecting for a bit. it took some time, but i'm over my completist drive for the time being. i'll definitely pick up the Frizzi releases, and likely the Alone in the Woods too since the idea of them doing a Kwaidan inspired record sounds really cool, but for now i've got to be more specific with my buys. we've all been there :)
By reddye6
In the latest Cadabra news, Alone in the Woods will just be a single LP (all of the music fits onto one LP). The Beyond Composer's Cut will be 2 LPs, but I don't know if there will be just a 2-LP version or a retail LP and subscription 2-LP version.
By inksb
I will be fucking livid if he locks a 2LP version of The Beyond behind his subscription. The single LP thing is interesting for Alone in the Woods as I spoke with Jon about that around the announcement trying to get clarity on the thing and it seemed they had more music than a single LP for the album.
By inksb
kwaidan.png
kwaidan.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 4190 times
Alone In The Woods - Kwaidan goes on sale at 12PM EST 8/22

Sorry I know this is in like 10 minutes but figured I'd at least post about

Red/Blue Splatter over Clear vinyl (limited to 30 copies) - $45
https://cadabra-records.myshopify.com/p ... er-edition

Translucent Blue vinyl (limited to 200 copies) - $32
https://cadabra-records.myshopify.com/p ... yl-edition

Both versions come with:
* Limited pressing on 160 gram vinyl
* Printed on a deluxe heavy weight gatefold tip-on jacket
* Includes insert liner notes by Japanese cinema scholar Marc Walkow
* Includes a 18" x 24" poster
* Includes digital download code
* Newly commissioned art by Zakuro Aoyama
By deafmetal
Lovecraft/Lehman/Frizzi - I Notturni Di Yuggoth

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019/08 ... ht-gaunts/

"Based in the traditional Nocturnes – the "night music" – of Italy, composer ‪Fabio Frizzi‬ came up with the idea to create his own "guitar notturnos" based on H. P. Lovecraft's masterpiece sonnet series, Fungi From Yuggoth"

Preorder tomorrow, August 30th, 12pm EDT.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:11 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:18 pm September 19
Fabio Frizzi - The Beyond Composers Cut - 2LP

Cadabra taking all of my money at the end of August through September.
It looks like there's a super deluxe version. Asked on Twitter, they said price "starting at $42. Pictures of a huge box on their Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/B2fWWzNJ44w/?hl=en
I saw that yesterday. I can only imagine that is going to cost an arm and a leg.
deafmetal wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:53 pm They used that huge box for the blood/liquid-filled edition of The Picture in the House. I would expect another liquid-filled vinyl version.
I'd expect the Composers Cut to be 2LP (just an estimate) so that would be incredibly expensive. The box looks awesome though.
By Hatter313
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:09 pm
deafmetal wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:53 pm They used that huge box for the blood/liquid-filled edition of The Picture in the House. I would expect another liquid-filled vinyl version.
I'd expect the Composers Cut to be 2LP (just an estimate) so that would be incredibly expensive. The box looks awesome though.
Yeah, it's a 2LP