Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
On a Giallo Disco note I noticed their facebook said they will have a new 'announcement in 7 days'. This was dated Dec 1st... ;)

Good to hear that the 1st couple of releases will be getting re-pressed. Have been after the Black Gloves EP for a while...
By GaryReeves
Yeah I'm after Black Gloves as well ... have everything else. Just added Tracks from the Trailer to my top ten list for my favorite releases of 2014 ... love it
By Spun out of control
Agreed on the Tracks EP... the full sold out cassette album is even better... hoping we hear some more new stuff from 'The Unit' in 2015 ;)

Until then there are a couple of older releases (also just as groovy) to be found on Discogs
By prettybleak
Sorry guys, the "Tracks" record may be great, but I can't really support an artist that takes people's money and can't put a record in the mail. Once again, I didn't order direct from Giallo Disco (no problems with them ever), I ordered direct from Unit Black Flight per an announcement on Giallo Disco's page. I know it's just $15, but this type of stuff is really infuriating to me. He had me list the payment as a "gift" so I can't even dispute it. The whole thing is really shady and I won't be buying any more releases from this artist no matter how good they are.

/end rant
By nick1972
From their Facebook page....

Without further ado. Giallo Disco is proud to present notification of our next TWO releases, which will be available digitally in the next couple of weeks and on vinyl end of January. First up is GD008 an EP from the Canadian Twins-Of-Evil DKMD, better known to the world as David Kristian and Marie Davidson. Fans of strychnine laced dancefloor horror will be enthralled by this romantically gothic masterwork.

Our 2nd scheduled release is a big one, not just another EP but the debut album by Giallo Disco co-owner Vercetti Technicolor and his fictitious soundtrack to the 1972 Munich Massacre. This is one of the most brooding and dark things we've ever released, and had to be our first LP.

There are other changes afoot in camp Giallo, because of our expansion into LPs and multiple releases, we will only be handling digital via bandcamp anymore. A new platform will rise out of the Bordello A Parigi shop which will handle all our pre-orders, direct sales and all you direct & mp3 wishes. Through this method we'll be able to bring you a better and faster service at no extra cost to you.

So wish us luck with our new endeavors, stay tuned for exact release dates and you can stream the minimixes from the next two releases over at our soundcloud right now!

https://soundcloud.com/giallo-disco-records
By Spun out of control
New stuff sounding good - I prefer the more interesting darker side of Giallo Disco rather than the dance floor 'bangers' anyway, so looking forward to the Vercetti Technicolor release in particular....
By Antoni Maiovvi
Hi everyone, first of all thanks for keeping this thread alive, anyone following us will know that Vercetti has been busy with tracks for The Editor and Chilean-Giallo Maldito Amor, I've been busy with scoring this film called Fonotune (almost done... so close... so fucking close...) and another project I can't name just yet, and running the label, we haven't had a lot of time to keep up to date with all the forums and such.

In regards to The Hunt's delay, this was a major annoyance, completely out of our hands and essentially due to the rise in demand for vinyl. Pressing can take up to three months for us now and it just hit us at the wrong moment, we've adjusted our schedule to compensate for this and we're going to be doing multiple releases from now on, so we can get through all the stuff we want to put out faster (we've planned up to GD018 at the moment and there is another LP in the works as we speak)

@prettybleak - I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with UBF, I haven't heard from him in months, but send us a mail to giallodisco(at)gmail(dot)com and lets see what we can do.

Any other questions fire them over to the same mail.

Thanks again. I'm going to watch a movie now.

Anton. x
By NathanLurker
I only just sat down to listen to the previews for GD008 and GDLP001 and omg I'm so in for those 2 releases, it sounds superb !
By danwh1tepony
Is there any word on the reissues of the first few releases by Giallo Disco? Been hunting for 001, 002 and 004 with no luck. Trying to avoid the discogs inflation.
By Antoni Maiovvi
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udcujCj ... e=youtu.be[/video]

NSFW clip / short movie for DKMD

We're slowly working on trying to re-issue stuff, it's just a question of demand vs time and then I'm moving house again tomorrow, and then again a month later. I'm hoping once I'm settled I'll have some space to think. But yes, will come. Also when I was packing I found about 10 copies of GD002. Once everything has arrived safe I'll put them up for sale.

Here's some direct links for europe, we're sorting US distro as I speak
Direct 12" EU:
http://bordelloaparigi.com/
https://clone.nl/item33810.html
By Antoni Maiovvi
OK, Gianni and I just saw the price of GD001 on Discogs. We'll get it on it.
By chuck
That's good news for a crappy Monday morning!
By GaryReeves
Thats soudns tremendous .... can't wait for this to be released
By dahousen
Antoni, it would be awesome if you give us a call through this topic when GD002 ready to purchase on bandcamp. I think I've played those flac files a million times, need the 12"!
By cookythecook
thanks for the tip @dahousen!!!!!!!!!!!
By dahousen
;) you're welcome, I got mine too!
By Purplemule74
Sacrificio EP is now available for download. Supposedly there is a link where you can buy the LP version from a European distributor, but I can't seem to track it down on there website... excited about this release though!

Sacrificio
By GaryReeves
Cheers for the heads up ... pre-ordered both
By cookythecook
coooooooool. cant wait to order these up in the US. thanks for keeping us posted!
By nick1972
do they come with downloads?