Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
will get GD009 & GD010 once it hits north america, for sure.
By Spun out of control
Two new Giallo Disco vinyl releases up for order today at the usual places - don't think we've seen this mentioned on the board yet?

The John Hughes tribute looks/sounds like a bit of a departure for the label.

LISTEN HERE

This is more like it:

LISTEN HERE
By Antoni Maiovvi
Hi everyone, we figured that the Wild In Blue one would be a bit of a curveball, we get a lot of demos, or at least tracks that we liked but didn't quite fit the general vibe, at least not for a solo release, so this was our way of trying to tie a bunch of stuff we liked into a thing.

It's no secret (or maybe it is) that I have a lot of love for John Hughes movies, we at least thought it would be fun/funny to do something like this, and I think you'll agree that the tracks we chose, lean a little more to the gothic edge of things than a regular Hughes V/A OST.

Which was another reason we paired it with the WLDV release, so not to scare you too much. ;)

Hope you enjoy the records, what we have coming in September is going to be fucking awesome, and really fucking dark.

As always any questions to giallodisco(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks!
By GaryReeves
Really loving Wild in Blue .... diverse yet similar ... grew up with the Hughes classics and this fits right in
By MODAREC
Loving the new compilation, nice contrast to the usual releases especially the Umberto track. Having trouble with my download code though. The rar file has the dreaded "unexpected end of archive" error and only has 5 tracks in it. Downloaded twice now and it seems to stop at the same point, 51.8 MB. Anyone managed to download it complete?
By GaryReeves
give them a shout and they'll sort you out .... seems to be an issue with the file
By MODAREC
cheers Gary, will email them tonight.
By Antoni Maiovvi
Hey all, thanks for the kind words. I just mailed the people who do the codes and we'll try and work out what has happened there, but as Gary said, if you have a problem (the WLDV one seems to work fine) shoot us a mail to giallodisco(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll sort you out cause I made a bunch of bandcamp codes to sort this.

Just came home from a (god damn Spanish beach festival!) where I was playing to quite a few emails and I figured I'd just deal with it now.

Also we're going to be making some announcements soon. Oh yeah.
By MODAREC
@Antoni, thanks for sorting me out with a new code. Listened to the album three or four times already and it's now one of my favourite releases of 2015. Even though it's a change of style, it's one of my favourite Giallo Disco releases too. Now you just have to make the film to go with it.
By Antoni Maiovvi
Welcome MODAREC

anyway, as an update the problem was with the zip, which has been replaced, which means that the codes will now work.

So I promised I'd tease some stuff, on facebook today I posted a little clip, cause I got the test pressing of GD013 in the mail.

Here's what's coming

September

GD012 - Ubre Blanca - The Sadist EP
Ace epic cosmic/gothichorror synthrock from Glasgow. Definitely worth checking out their earlier EPs also. Really amazing to have them on team! Full sleeve with art from the band.

GD013 - Christoph De Babalon / Triames - Invocation Of The Demon Twin Vol. 1
Christoph De Babalon released the finest LP on Digital Hardcore in the late 90s. He's still ace. Beloved by them there in Radiohead, we made a split concept EP of super dark ambient / drone / spooktastic glory. The split is with newcomer Triames, from Bilbao in Spain, known for pretty textured dubbed out techno stuff, he delivers a perfect compliment of further dark-drone soundscapes. Probably the darkest release we've done to date. Full sleeve again, with art from Eric Lee.

November

In an attempt to clear the deck before the end of the year we have THREE releases coming

GDLP003 - Chris Alexander - Music For Murder LP
Chris is the editor of Fangoria, he is also a director and musician. The soundtrack for your winter. Dark as fuck, drugged-out spooky shit. A fantastic record which I can't wait for you to hear. With art by Eric Lee

GD014 - Taylor Hoodlum Stevenson - Daeva EP
If you can imagine Foetus during his EBM phase raising a lovechild with Italo weirdo Mike Mareen with babysitting duties by Fad Gadget, you're getting close. Canadian mega-freak provides three vocal tracks and two future horror disco instrumentals on the b-side.

GD015 - Mater Suspiria Vision - Antropophagus (The Giallo Disco Remixes) EP
MSV were one of the first wave of Witch House groups, don't let your mind flow to that ultra-hip thing it became, MSV were truly bizarre. We've taken their last LP Antropophagus and run it through our filter, featuring remixes by Xander Harris, Parasols AKA Ali Renault, Myself and Vercetti. And it's ace.

That's it for this year, but I'm working on next years also.
By NathanLurker
YES ! MSV's Antropophagus is one of their best release for sure, I'll be glad to listen to this remix EP. The other titles/artist, I know nothing about them, but I'll buy them all. Thanks for the update !
By Antoni Maiovvi
yeah MSV are getting better and better. A big influence for GD also. Update was prompted by Chris sharing the art for his LP. So better say something.

Reading back, you can summarise everything
ACE and DARK
;)
By GaryReeves
Christoph De Babalon on Giallo Disco ... do mine eyes deceive me?
By monsterworship
Interesting. That MSV record sounds great.
By Antoni Maiovvi
[quote=71142]Christoph De Babalon on Giallo Disco … do mine eyes deceive me? [/quote]

they do not, a huge moment for me personally, a hero and dear friend, and I'm glad we managed to find something that would work within our catalogue. Test pressing has been on repeat since it turned up this morning. Super Exorcist/Suspiria type stuff, but run through his brain. Can't wait for you to hear it.
By Spun out of control
Hi Antoni - Will have to check out the new sounds. Know it's an idea that's been kicked around before, but any news or update on possible re-presses of the first Giallo Disco releases - particularly Black Gloves EP?
By GaryReeves
I was such a DHR fanboy in the 90's ... ec8or, Shizuo, ATR and of course Christoph de Babalon ...
By deafmetal
Christoph de Babalon announcement is huge. The If You're Into It, I'm Out of It album of his from 1997 still gets regular listens in my home.
By GaryReeves
It seems the two next GD releases are up for order on Redeye Records. I bagged mine and really can't wait.
By FulciLives
Great stuff Anton, will be picking up all the up coming GD releases like all the past ones I have, solid label!

Would like if you could produce a G/D shirt or sticker !
By FulciLives
Also I wanted to add, all G/D releases have excellent audio fidelity. High quality viny pressing, haven't been let down once. Lp's built to be played and to last!
By GaryReeves
Very much so .... I am spinning a set in a friends record shop on Friday and I can see at least 3 or 4 tracks in a 2 hour set.

Just need to elusive GD001
By deafmetal
Are there any US distros for Giallo Disco other than Mondo?
By FulciLives
Juno records is from uk, but their shipping is cheap to north America , order all my GD from them
By GaryReeves
Another sterling release gentlemen ... and that's just the digital download