Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By weedo
Hey everybody!
First an appreciation for this wonderful & the knowledgeable people who contribute here. I have been lurking in the shadows for too long, soaking in the great music you share and getting all the amazing info. I have been collecting vinyl obsessively for most of my life, and as an adult always worked in the music industry and as a DJ.
My serious Soundtrack obsession started only 4-5 years ago, but definitely gotten way stronger thanks to you guys, and for that i have huge amount of respect and gratitude to each and every board member.
And now after i got that out of the way I wanted to finally make my first post and tell you about a record label I started with a couple of friends. It's solely dedicated to the ample output of the very talented Kutiman, who maybe some of you know from his Youtube music videos, but the dude is also an amazing multi instrumentalist who's obsessed with free Jazz, psych Rock, Funk, Reggae and African music.
The first release is a 2 track mini album (each track is around 15 minutes) and we printed 500 copies, half in Orange vinyl and half are your regular Black, both 180 G's. It comes in a full color sleeve (designed by Kutiman) and with a nice OBI strip. The music is on the free/deep Jazz tip with some psych Funk & blaxplotation influences. You can pre-order and stream one of the tracks on Kutiman's Bandcamp page or at Norman's, Juno, FE etc. Release date is July 17th.
Hope this will interesting to some of you guys. If you do find it interesting make sure to follow us on Facebook, there are at least 2 more releases expected in 2015 and hopefully many more in 2016. The guy cant seem to stop making music and has around 8 albums sitting waiting to be shared with the world, and they are all excellent, and pretty different from one another.
Thanks again for your time and for this wonderful little place on the web for freaks like us
Peace
Ido
By Oiche
Like this Ido. Could be a soundtrack to an unmade Shaft movie where he goes back to Africa, hooks up with Fela Kuti and they spend the weekend smoking... ;)