Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
This sounded interesting so I've decided to give it a try.

"Varèse Sarabande has delved deep into our vinyl soundtrack vaults to locate fan favorites and hard-to-find gems that have never been released on CD to date! The LP to CD subscription series will feature one CD soundtrack per month culled from Varèse Sarabande’s archives and available only to subscribers. Pre-order now and receive a retro-styled collector’s carrying case to house the entire LP to CD series. The only way to get the limited edition case is during this pre-order period through June 14th!

Each album in the LP to CD series is chosen for its quality and archival value, with a new title being delivered each month for 12 months. The individual compact discs are authentically packaged in mini-LP replica jackets. Membership in the LP to CD subscription has a $250 annual value, and is available for the low cost of only $10 a month (plus shipping) and will be billed monthly.

The limited edition box,with its inspired design as a mini vinyl record carrying case, will be delivered with your first release and ready to be filled with each successive album during the 12 month run. The first title in the LP to CD series will be APRIL FOOL'S DAY, a long in demand album from composer Charles Bernstein.

The limited edition case is a thank you from Varese Sarabande for committing to the LP to CD series for the entire year. There are no cancellations or refunds."

Direct Link: https://www.varesesarabande.com/product ... ion-series

[video]https://youtu.be/nQUkG3XWLPw[/video]
By DISCOSUCKS...
Cool....but of course needless to say, what we really need is the other way round - CD to LP!!! :D

Varese stopped production of vinyl scores in the 90s and a tonn of stuff only ever got a CD release. Maybe we could start lobbying them to do a CD-to-LP thing too??

Signe below! Let's hit them with 1000 sigs!

@discosucks
@Tron4Life
@Spun out of control
@zuko
@NMA
@BurningTapes
@thewaystation
@Tim28212
@deafmetal
@Frizzle-Frizzi
@Spencer
@Little Walter
@chuck
@TAG
@minus_ape
@discophagus
@HNC
@nick_rising
@MODAREC
@Occhionero
@albatard

(well...this is going rather well! how can they say no??)

@Tiger Lab
@Rasmus Drews
@10T5
@Charlie13
By Occhionero
April Fools Day?! Sounds like an April Fools Joke!
By zuko
I'm with you Disco.

Just got hold of their RSD version of Fury, it's great, glad to see them back in the vinyl game.
By NMA
I am not against their new decision: LP to CD, actually I quite like to listen to CDs as well but I'd love to see new Varese LP releases ;)
By chuck
Sign me up Disco!
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Im in if they do random variants, random preorder time, ships For 40€ for record and they reservs the rights to dont answer to Your mails if Your items are missed in shipment
By Little Walter
I'm with Frizzle-Frizzi on this one. Also, they're already doing something of this nature, no? The person I know who works there said they were releasing at least a few "A Nightmare on Elm St" soundtracks and many others on LP by the end of the year, I assumed as part of a big jump to get back in the vinyl game. Regardless, though, I'll be saving my money for the labels who rejuvenated the medium.
By tim28212
I have to agree with you @disco, with the huge vinyl revival they are really missing the mark!

sign me up!!
By deafmetal
I will also sign the petition.

Varese are not unique in reissuing long out-of-print LP's on CD only, even with the recent vinyl boom. As many of you know, Beat Records in Italy are basically doing the same thing, although they are licensing some of their titles to labels such as Death Waltz and Mondo for vinyl releases.
By shiptoshore
Signed up for this mainly because I love Japanese style mini-LP packaging. The little box is a nice bonus as well.
By nick_rising
I love this. Yeah, it would be cool if they did a CD to LP in the future, but this is what we have now and I'm really looking forward to it. Totally agree with shiptoshore too. The soundtrack CD market is pretty much jewel case only (which I hate) so it's nice to see VS doing something a little different.
By shiptoshore
Plus, for $10/month, the price is right on this.
By deafmetal
I will admit that I do like the design of the LP to CD packaging. It's clever and I hate CD jewel cases. I pick up the odd CD here and there when it's the only thing available (The Psychic, for example), but I have a pretty long wish list for LP releases from the Varese catalog.
By discophagus
I'm damn IN for the cd to lp
By minus_ape
yep, sign me up!
By DISCOSUCKS...
@shiptoshore

I do actually agree that this is very cool btw, and I didn't intend to hijack the thread - but I think as you can see, there's plenty of STBC'ers who agree with my desire to see VS get back into the vinyl game! Hopefully the recent RSD Fury 10" is a strong sign of more to come...
By MODAREC
me too!