Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
They need better US distro, I grab everything i can from them. :)
By frozeneyeball
I was lucky enough to catch the Ghost Box guys doing a DJ set at the Green Man Festival in the beautiful Brecon Beacons, Wales this weekend. They actually did 3 short sets between spoken word shows at the 'Talking Shop' stage. Here's a couple of pictures in case anyone's interested. Was anyone else there?

By Spun out of control
Thanks for posting the pics @frozeneyeball... looks a bit like a meeting of the local parish council... so fits in nicely with the Ghost Box ethos ;)

Any of their name acts spinning the wheels of steel (Advisory Circle etc), or was it 'just' a couple of guys from the label?
By Hatter313
they are apparently releasing a double album compilation in honor of their 10th anniversary. definitely a must buy for me. Pre orders start in September

http://www.ghostbox.co.uk/home.htm
By frozeneyeball
The guys DJing were the founders of the label- Jim Jupp and Julian House. They run the label, but they also make music - Jupp as 'Belbury Poly' and House as 'The Focus Group'. They were spinning Ghost Box records.

It did have the feel of a parish council meeting - partly due to the small tent, but also it's not exactly the style of music you can get up and dance to! They were showing some really nice visuals on the video screen. It was a mixture of vintage public service broadcasts and educational videos, with some psychedelic animations. After the first set, the next act thanked them and said "Wow, thanks to Ghost Box - who needs LSD?!"
By deathwaltz
We'll be doing it in the USA .
I'll be bringing stock to mondocon .
By deathwaltz
One of my favourite labels ....

Just so much quality released through it
By Hatter313
Near perfect output. Good to hear you guys are handling US distro. I picked up other channels and seance at Hobbs lane from transmission when they dropped the reissues. Happy to know they will be even more accessible!