Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By shiptoshore
Hey all!

Ship to Shore PhonoCo. is a (relatively) new label releasing cult film scores and more based in Brooklyn, NY. We have put out two releases thus far...STS -001 was a replica Edison cylinder recording of the unreleased Tiny Tim track "Nobody Else Can Love Me (Like My Old Tomato Can)" and STS-002 was the soundtrack to Troma's Çlass of Nuke 'Em High.

We will be releasing Donald Rubinstein's score to George A. Romero's Martin this Spring and we have a lot of other exciting projects lined up for the remainder of this year and beyond, including the score to Manos: The Hands of Fate. We will also be (hopefully) releasing the original arranged soundtrack album to the video game MOTHER (aka Earthbound Zero) sometime this year.

We're all really excited about our upcoming projects and we hope you are too! Check us out at www.shiptoshoremedia.com, or I can answer any questions anybody has here.

Looking forward to hanging out with y'all here.

Aaron
Ship to Shore PhonoCo.
By Whip Wilson
Welcome aboard, Aaron. Look forward to checking out your label.
By shiptoshore
Thanks, Mateo! We are glad to be here and we are looking forward to putting out a lot of great stuff this year and beyond!
By terryreidsauce
The Kickstarter for the MOTHER soundtrack starts tomorrow right? I will definitely be contributing.
By shiptoshore
It actually starts on Tuesday. We decided to push it so that it wouldn't get buried under all of the post-PAX East news on gaming sites.

We're really excited about it, though!
By philball1974
Welcome on board. Had my copy of Martin on pre order with OWS for sometime now and cannot wait to hear it!
By shiptoshore
Awesome, Phil! We're definitely excited about the Martin release...it's been a real labor of love!
By revolver
I got my shipping notice for Martin on Friday! I can't wait to give this a spin!
By shiptoshore
@revolver Glad you're excited! We're hoping everyone loves the record!

Everyone's copies are out via USPS now. We've got a lot more coming in the next few months, including Manos, MOTHER and a few other very special surprises. Keep watch!
By shiptoshore
So what has everyone thought of the Martin OST thus far? From what I've seen, the response has been pretty positive on Instragram, Twitter, etc., but I'd love to hear some feedback from STBC members! There are still some variant copies left at shiptoshore.storenvy.com for anyone who hasn't picked up a copy yet!

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here is the cover art for our Manos: The Hands of Fate release. It will go up for pre-order in August and ship in September. This one has been a long time coming, and I think everyone is going to really dig this one.

We are also going to be putting up the remaining copies of MOTHER for pre-order on August 26th. Be sure to watch our store page on that day...there's going to be an extra special, smaaaaaaaashing announcement that day as well ;)
By shiptoshore
@The Cult Leader -

The Master approves of this.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I honestly couldn't be any more jazzed for this release.

And there's so much Torgo fun to be had on Youtube!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Why not check out the awesome Manos MST3K episode to get into the mood?

MST3K
By shiptoshore
@discosucks

We're excited that you're excited!

And how can you NOT love that MST3K episode. The short before the feature is one of my all time favorites!

"Hired 2: Electric Boogaloo"
By shiptoshore
"We're going to do business like my father. You! Put a handkerchief on your head! You! Swat at an imaginary elf! You! Rock on the porch all night!"

Seriously, I think I know that episode front to back.

"Ziggy got Garfield neutered?! Now that's funny!"
By DISCOSUCKS...
"So...that's when I got into commemorative spoon collecting...you?"

"Whydontchya punch it Jimmy - I wanna be in Tijuana by 8 o'clock or you're fired!"

By shiptoshore
"Goodnight! Stay pink, soft and oily!"

"Well....can I...keep the pen?!"
By DISCOSUCKS...
Best quip during Manos: "Y'know, every frame of this movie looks like someone's last known photograph!"

By shiptoshore
Oh, God. That's a great one.

This is kind of a throwaway one, but it always cracks me up:

"God, I look like Jack Klugman..."
By NathanLurker
I'm still waiting for the Martin ost I ordered from OWS, it shipped on the 16th, usually takes 2-3 weeks to receive. So I can't speak about that one. But I downloaded Manos : The Soundtrack of Fate the other day, and it's a weird listening experience. I can't get my head about what it is about it that I find interesting but there's something there that makes me put it on my "to buy for sure" list. the poster design is surely part of what's appealing. really cool poser right there.

The Manos restoration played here in Montreal at the Fantasia Festival but I couldn't attend
By shiptoshore
@NathanLurker

Just so you know, our sequencing is slightly different than the one up on Bandcamp. It doesn't include as much of the dialog (though it does still include some) and is mastered from a different source.

It's definitely a weird listening experience, for sure.
By bpwlogan
A very different score. It has some cool horns in it. It has a Mothers Of Invention or Residents feel to it in some parts. I ordered this from Light House In The Attic the first week it came out. I can't even remember how long ago it was. The pressing is excellent with no surface noise. It was well worth the wait. One of the top reissues of the year, and a very different one at that.

Thanks

By shiptoshore
@bpwlogan

Thank you! I think your comparison to the Mothers and especially The Residents is quite apt.