Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Lino Banfi
I couldn't find a unique thread for Cinedelic, so I'm starting one.

So, I received L'UOMO DAGLI OCCHIALI A SPECCHIO & UNDER POMPELMO in the post this morning. I was very excited, two of my most anticipated titles in a while.
But to my horror, the vinyl on both LPs is really bad, full of scratches and marks, even the paper inner-sleeves are in not great shape.

They both look like second hand used LPs! UNDER POMPELMO is particularly bad. Hopefully for you guys, I was just unlucky and the rest of the batch is fine.
Though having said that, even the parts were the vinyl is clear, the surface noise is pretty bad - Really crackly.

I've sent an email to Cinedelic, let's see what happens...
By Lino Banfi
I've had a good speedy reply form Cinedelic. It seems their pressing plant is not very good! They are switching to a new company for all future releases.
By deathwaltz
Blimey
so they are saying that they are all like that ?
That isnt good
our distro copies just shipped ...
By Lino Banfi
I think they are basically saying that the plant is not the best run place and 'some' LPs may not meet the expected QC. Let's hope mine are indeed in the minority!

An additional worry though, is the surface noise even when the records are clean of scuffs. The white paper sleeves seem to leave a large amount of dusty debris, perhaps a good clean will sort this, but it remains to be seen.
By Volzom Zofbie
My L'Uomo Dagli Occhiali A Specchio has a little piece of paper melted into the wax. Same spot on both sides. Sounds ugly for a minute or so.

Here's Marco's reply:

Oh I’m really sorry.
In fact we had already decided to change factory; now it’s Phonopress in Italy. They do not work in a serious way. I'm really really sorry. We wanted to print it in other already but all they told us that it took six months! Vinyl is rising a lot…
For the next we will print in Germany or France and wait the time that they need.

Thanks for the informations.

Best,

Marco

By Lino Banfi
Yep, I got the exact same reply. I suspect this is the thin end of the wedge...
By Whip Wilson
Fuck me. I just dropped $120 on those bad dads. It doesn't sound like refunds or replacements are in order from the label. They should make the HQ digital files available to folks who didn't purchase through their bandcamp page. Provided said customers have an actual picture of the damaged LP to share with them, etc.
By toosoonjunior
Yikes, no offer to refund from them? That's ridiculous.
By maxvelvet
My copy it's ok, I mean it's clear just by looking at the vinyl that was pressed in a shitty way, I've cleaned it a couple of times because of the dirt and anyway it isn't the quietest vinyl I've heard but it's ok. I really hope that only few copies have issues because Marco it's a good guy and doesn't deserve a bad reputation, Cinedelic it's active from over a decade and have released so great stuff, I'm sure that he will sort out any issues!

P.S. L'Uomo Dagli Occhiali a Specchio it's beautiful! ;)
By Frizzle-Frizzi
So this is not a good time to ask if someone want to buy My extra copy For 1000€? Seriously now im scared to broke the seal
By texasvinyl
Frizzi, what about 1000¥ haha

We'll see what my copies look like, in the year 3,000 when poste Italiane gets the box to the US.
By Volzom Zofbie
[quote=56311]My copy it’s ok, I mean it’s clear just by looking at the vinyl that was pressed in a shitty way, I’ve cleaned it a couple of times because of the dirt and anyway it isn’t the quietest vinyl I’ve heard but it’s ok. I really hope that only few copies have issues because Marco it’s a good guy and doesn’t deserve a bad reputation, Cinedelic it’s active from over a decade and have released so great stuff, I’m sure that he will sort out any issues!

P.S. L’Uomo Dagli Occhiali a Specchio it’s beautiful!
[/quote]

Yep! He seemed like an OK guy, but can't help feeling just a tiny bit pissed that I didn't get any kind of "sorting out issues", but a "Thanks for the informations" ...
By maxvelvet
@Volzom: I know but maybe he did not understand what you asked and how bad it's the situation (I don't want to take his defense but sometime the different language is a problem...). Did you ask something like "hey, my copy is ruined I want a replacement!"?
By Volzom Zofbie
To be fair, my copy of Under Pompelmo is fine. I'm no audiophile freak for sure, just an average wax-head with an average Hi-Fi system, but it sounds totally OK to me. I even took the head phone test - and it's slightly noisy, but mostly in the quiet places inbetween tracks. When the music starts I can't hear much surface noise. Anyway it's a funky psych LP, not an Eno Ambient.

You shouldn't worry too much, guys!

By Volzom Zofbie
@Max This is my email to Marco:

Hi Marco,

My records arrived today. Awesome!

But unfortunately there's an imperfection on the
Sandro Brugnolini
‎– L'Uomo Dagli Occhiali A Specchio.

Terribly audible. Completely ruins the listening experience.
What pressing plant are you using for your records? Apparently one that doesn't check for imperfections before sliding the LP into the sleeve.

:(

Kindest,

JR

Edit* and then I added the two photos you see in my earlier post.
By maxvelvet
Mmh...I don't think that someone offers to replace a disc if you don't ask explicitly... expecially Italian's labels (I don't want to start here a complicate discussion but here in Italy we should focus only on the artistic aspects of the things...the rest should be done by germans or other people, hahaha!) :D ;)
By Volzom Zofbie
Those Italians! ;)

Aww just screw it! Of course I'm sad/disappointed, but it's just another LP in my collection, and the imperfection only lasts for a minute or so.
Heck, maybe sometime in the future I can learn to embrace and love the horrible paper-thing!

By Volzom Zofbie
Speaking of paper-things... Don't you guys ever experience that strange white spot on your LPs?
Is it paper? Paint? Something a pigeon left behind?
I personally think I find it maybe in 1:300 LPs - or something like that.

An old Norwegian / Polish punk LP I bought in the mid 80's:

De Press ‎– On The Other Side
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Texas dont worry about usualy from Italy to US dosnt take more of 3 weeks
By DISCOSUCKS...
You win the internet with this comment, @max!

It's funny because it's true! ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
I have a copy of Under Pompelmo.

With the original art.

Finally.

Honestly - I could give a crap if it had spaghetti sauce embedded in the wax.

Weelll.....kinda ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
Really though....just checked my wax and it looks and plays just groovy. Looks like it's not a consistent fault. I got lucky.