Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By pabloeterovic
Any of you has info about this label?
It seems they're going to release their own version for valhalla rising, with an amazing artwork

http://www.mewelesite.be/

By chandler75
Seems like every label is getting on board the vinyl soundtrack boat...

This is funny becuase it's two European labels releasing the same score (and with the same tracklisting), both out in November.
By zuko
Cool sleeve! Do you have a link to any more info?
By pabloeterovic
they just told me on facebook that the release date is november, 2013
By reddye6
What is the other label releasing VR?
By pabloeterovic
Thinks it's Milan Records
And Invadaka will have an special edition of it
By chandler75
So is Invada lying, or is this a U.S. release?

Valhalla Rising, the 2009 film from Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive, Only God Forgives), will have its soundtrack pressed to 180-gram vinyl and sold exclusively in Europe by Invada Records. Invada will have an exclusive blood red variant of the release limited to 300 vinyl copies.
By lazyben
They're a Belgian label so it's unlikely to be a US release.

It is all a bit confusing. My best guess is it's something like the maniac release where one label has most of Europe but another has a particular teritory within it (there was a France only version of maniac) and probably a US release too.

I really want this one but I have no idea which version will be the best to get.
By chandler75
The WeMe has a really cool cover... The Invada blood red variant sounds nice.
By lazyben
I know, I care more about a nice cover than coloured vinyl. I'm hoping I can resist buying more than one version.
By reddye6
Just remember, instead of buying two of the same thing, you can buy two different things instead.
By chandler75
I asked WeMe on Facebook about the difference between this and the Invada version:

yes different, 2Lp ,another cover ( like this,draw Dave Decat),250 Special limited red color vinyl - only on this website !! www.mewelesite.be . preorder comming soon.. Cheers
By zuko
If Invada's past form is anything to go by, I bet their cover will just be a standard promo still from the film.
By Whip Wilson
This is a hilarious response made all the more confusing by internet grammar and perhaps a language barrier. Cover aside, which honestly isn't all that sweet to my eye, the differences are what exactly?
By chandler75
Mateo: If the Invada version is 1 vinyl only (which I'm not sure it is), the 2 vinyls could potentially indicate a better quality...
By Whip Wilson
Rasmus: I thought of that as well and think you're probably right, but couldn't find any info regarding it. It was just a funny response because it sort of reads, "Of course it's different! We drew our own cover and have 50 less red copies."
By pabloeterovic
anyone knows if they will make international shipments?
By Whip Wilson
Guys, checkout this exchange I just had with WeMe on FB in an attempt to flesh out Rasmus Drew's info:

Mateo: Hi there! Aside from the cover, what are the differences between your Valhalla Rising and Invada's forthcoming pressing? Thanks!

WeMe:Hello Mateo,I was the first to buy a license and i have less money than Invada,that's the difference.... only god forgives....Merci and Cheers Fred de chez WeMe

Exasperation? Anger? Jerk? Drunk? Hilarious? I folowed up with a couple more inquiries including one about shipping/distribution so I'll post any answers I might get. In the meantime, has anyone heard of these guys before or any of the acts/comps in their catalog? It's all new to me.
By raedarius23@hotmail.com
I've bought from Weme in the past and found them to be trustworthy. They are primarily an electro (i.e. Detroit style) label , with some fairly sigificant names in that field - in particular side projects of Gerald Donald of Doppereffekt/Drexciya - though the fact they've released The Caretaker before suggests that they buy into a more soundtrack-like aesthetic too.

Their releases are generally available through Boomkat if you aren't confident in dealing directly with them.
By Whip Wilson
Not a confidence issue at all just curious about them because the responses have trended vague instead of just answering the question. I went from confused to amused with their responses. I might be falling in like with them. They're so darn wacky. That's awesome about the Gerald Donald stuff. I believe I only know of Drexciya and Dopplereffekt.
By Whip Wilson
Here's the whole story from Fred at WeMe:

I am a really fan of movies and above all of Nicolas Winding's work.
I am passionate about OST. I have already released 2 records with OST of François de Roubaix on my independant label.
2 Years ago I have decided to release Vahalla Rising music. I have managed to contact the 4 authors (!) who were very flattered by my proposition of releasing.
As I usually do, I have let to them all the digital rights (CD, MP3 etc.). I have then dealt with Nicolas Winding producer an only license without exclusivity.
This release had to come out last year but a lot of problems came together : with the 1st test pressing, so i have to wait for another one. Then my drawer designer broke his hand, with a plaster cast(Dave de Cat). He was in charge of the drawing that you have seen. So I have to postpone the release date.
2 month ago I received a mail from the producer who announce that she has dealt a new agreement with a big label... Milan in LA. I answer that I am happy with this, I have no worries because I thought that that was only for CD's (Milan do not release on vinyls). I thought that a CD version would also promote my release. And anyway I had no choice. She just made me aware of this 2d agreement. But I did not understand that she had also sold a license for a vinyl version (very strange)...
I even don't know if Milan and Invada are aware of my production and of this 1st deal with me.
A last point :
When I have prepared this record, the 4 authors sent me a lot of tracks separately. I did a huge work for the tracklisting, the selection etc. Invada presents the same tracklisting! (my work)
A very last point : for my version of the OST, I also paid a huge attention to the mastering and the cutting to adapt this ost to this special kind of music....

Thanks for your support Mateo !

What I wish now is to sell my records as much as possible to get all the money I have personnally invested (author rights etc.) in this project back : my label is a hobby... a pleasure... not a profitable activity and not my real job!
Fred de chez WeMe
By reddye6
Thanks, Mateo, for your investigative work!
By chandler75
Nice explanation. I will definitely be getting both versions now.

If it's true that Milan ripped off the tracklisting, that's kind of shitty...
By Whip Wilson
Yes, I'm completely on board to buy this release from WeMe now. We only have his side of the story, but clearly there is some ambiguity about the vinyl rights. Either way, I'm excited to hear about the mastering process he went through and that his version, as Rasmus Dress reported, will be a 2xLP.
By reddye6
The WeMe version is available for pre-order on the site. Just got mine ordered!