Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:26 pm I'll post images later when I play them, but I got my sub versions today of 3x3 Eyes and Devilman: Demon Bird.
Mine arrived yesterday. The prints are excellent.
By reddye6
Any subbers know what the latest Tiger Lab's release that's on its way to us? From my records, what was remaining in the sub was "Vampire Hunter D" and a special sub-only release.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:29 pm Any subbers know what the latest Tiger Lab's release that's on its way to us? From my records, what was remaining in the sub was "Vampire Hunter D" and a special sub-only release.
Vampire Hunter D should have shipped for you or will be very soon. I think my copy shipped last week? The sub-only release is a 12" that has the opening and closing tracks to Kaiji. I know a lot of fans were pissed those were not included in the set and were exclusive to subbers. I'm not overly thrilled about that being our special release but it is what it is.
By Dollarhyde
I got my shipping notice about a week ago? Even though I have the og I'm excited for this release.

Agreed, the Kaiji seems a bit random. I wonder if we will get a hint of the new sub line up before the end of the year?
By reddye6
Arrived this morning
Attachments
E985F83B-2BD9-4961-94A9-9DFFC7C13DCD.jpeg
E985F83B-2BD9-4961-94A9-9DFFC7C13DCD.jpeg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 2101 times
By deafmetal
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:17 pm Love the artwork on right.
Agreed, that print looks great. Feeling some regret for not getting the sub this time around. How does it sound?
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:57 pm
Agreed, that print looks great. Feeling some regret for not getting the sub this time around. How does it sound?
The other side of that print looks really great too. Jon posted a pic of it on Twitter a few days ago. I probably won't have my copy for another week or two. Seems to have only moved once in the last two weeks
By Dollarhyde
deafmetal wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:57 pm
Curious to know this too, also what the normal sleeve looks like
By Dollarhyde
@redeye

Also, just realised that is the bonus sub 12".

I didn't pick up the kaiji ost but that looks really nice, nice to see they did such a good job on what is just a sub bonus
By reddye6
Here's the regular artwork for Vampire Hunter D. I don't have an original with which to compare it, but it sounds great to me so far! I also liked the sub bonus 12" more than I thought I would. No complaints (other than a couple of outer sleeve wrinkles ...)
Attachments
IMG_1398.jpg
IMG_1398.jpg (263.25 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
By inksb
I spoke with Jon yesterday, he told me that Sony would only allow them to use the original art and that Sony mastered the audio for them as well. I'm very happy about this since the OG artwork from Amano is classic. I had time to spin side A, sounded pretty damn good.
By Dollarhyde
@reddye Nice! Even though I have the og I'm really happy they stuck with the original artwork
Agreed @jimmy so dope! Good to hear it is sounds good
By inksb
Sold out in seconds lol. Saw a bunch of complaints on twitter about how they were cashing out and it sold out while processing payment. Now that is one of the more fitting blood filled records I just can't justify spending $150 on a one lol
By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:01 pm Sold out in seconds lol. Saw a bunch of complaints on twitter about how they were cashing out and it sold out while processing payment. Now that is one of the more fitting blood filled records I just can't justify spending $150 on a one lol
I will take this one as payback for my boss blowing my chance at the original F13 drop way back when all those years ago. I have passed on all these recent Cabadra/Frizzi blood-filled vinyl editions but this one was just far too tempting as I'm already a ridiculous Amano/VHD collector. As for audio quality, I assume this is gimmicky as best and I have my OG vinyl to spin.

Edit: wow, they sold out all variants in less than a day, impressive.
By tim28212
inksb wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:42 pm Not sure if any one here cares but Perfect Blue Audiophile version is up at Tiger Lab

https://tigerlabvinyl.com/collections/f ... lp-edition

Black is only version left, colors sold out in seconds

Really beautiful cover art on this one

Screenshot 2022-05-05 114154.jpg
I have one of their first pressing but even if I didn't the 2lp format of this release would put me off. Having to flip every 6-9 minutes is just a bit much for me. Not sure what the motivation for that was. I'm sure it will sell out regardless. Most of their releases do.

I guess I'm getting cranky about 2lps in my old age. :)
By ScoJo
Aside: until recently I had no idea about the whole 'Aranofsky ripping off Perfect Blue' thing with Requiem for a Dream! (I've not seen PB...)
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:33 pm I have one of their first pressing but even if I didn't the 2lp format of this release would put me off. Having to flip every 6-9 minutes is just a bit much for me. Not sure what the motivation for that was. I'm sure it will sell out regardless. Most of their releases do.

I guess I'm getting cranky about 2lps in my old age. :)
It's a remastered "audiophile" version of their previous release. They did this with Berserk last year and it honestly was a nice uptick in sound quality compared to their first version of Berserk. I was really impressed with the improvements between versions. Honestly I was gonna pass on this but I have all of their releases already and kind had that collector thing in my brain yelling at me to just buy it. I won't listen to it all that much for the exact reason you pointed out, there's only 1-3 songs per side, it's annoying to get up and flip the record that much.
By deafmetal
I picked up a black vinyl edition as I’m a bit obsessive about this one.
By NathanLurker
Really love Perfect Blue, and while I am tempted to get this new pressing, I have other releases to prioritize over this one that I already have the first single LP version of.