Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
reddye6 wrote:It just went live.
*yoink*

Looking forward to giving this a listen!
By inksb
I grabbed the Damphir Burst and added a copy of Devilman Birth as well since I didn't realize they still had copies.
By Dollarhyde
I hastely grabbed a copy from the website but I'm sure this will get UK distribution.

Look forward to what's next on tigerlab's rosta, I know there is something fist of the north star related coming at some point, but what?
By inksb
And my run of luck lately continues. I received VHD Bloodlust and Devilman today. LP 2 of Bloodlust looks like it was dropped on it's side at the factory, chunks are broken off and multiple cracks through the vinyl.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:And my run of luck lately continues. I received VHD Bloodlust and Devilman today. LP 2 of Bloodlust looks like it was dropped on it's side at the factory, chunks are broken off and multiple cracks through the vinyl.
I also have a small indent and crack on the side of one of the LP's in my set. It kind of looks like a chip broke off the side. I would guess it's from a defect in the manufacturing process rather than an actual impact. I might have gotten lucky in that I don't think the crack reaches the run-in groove on either side, but I will try to test that out here soon. The 2LP is a bit of a tight fit in the sleeve. I would have dropped a few more bucks to get a gatefold sleeve for this release.
By Dollarhyde
Mine arrived safe and sound. My vinyl is clean and sounds great. Also plus points for anti stat lined inners. :) @deaf agreed the sleeve is not big enough, but, for me at least, the vinyl is sounding really nice, which seems no easy task for a small ost label these days.
Attachments
IMG_20181002_221038.jpg
IMG_20181002_221038.jpg (866.41 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:Any one know if they plan on releasing more?

I grabbed Urotsukidōji when it was released and was blown away. Perfect Blue has been tough to find at a reasonable price.
I think you posted somewhere that Tiger Lab might do another run of Perfect Blue.

A couple of days ago they tweeted this:
https://twitter.com/TigerLabVinyl/statu ... 7471010816
2019 is going to be the craziest and most exciting year for Tiger Lab. We'll be announcing titles, represses and staff additions before the end of the year.
As I have not gotten a single Tiger Lab release I am happy to read this as I really want a copy of Perfect Blue.
By inksb
@ Bez their releases are excellent, I highly recommend UROTSUKIDOJI: LEGEND OF THE OVERFIEND and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. Brilliant scores. Devilman The Birth is great too but if you had to buy one or two right now, I'd recommend the other two first.

And yeah, Tiger Lab confirmed on twitter with me that a repress of Perfect Blue is coming. A few days before they made that announcement. I'm really excited. I need to buy Wicked City still, at least the discogs price is still reasonable for a sold out record.
By inksb
So happy to finally get one of these. My Tiger Lab collection is complete come January.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:Less than 75 copies left. Don't sleep on this!
Nice TP win @inskb! Happy to see it going to a good home.
By inksb
I can't believe I won! Very excited. Now I'll have two copies, one TP and the cham burst
By inksb
In case some of you don't follow TLV on IG or Twitter, they are running a contest to win the Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust test pressing. Make sure you enter, I think it ends on friday.
By inksb
Jon was posting on the twitter space yesterday that they have at least 4 records lined up for this year and possibly more. I'm a little amazed at what felt like a year and half of nothing and all of a sudden they are going to double their release count. Really excited. I know he was focusing on Alone in the Woods record for the better part of last year which is most likely why they didn't do much. I can't wait to see what they have in store. Also there will be a sub for those interested. Depending on the cost I'll probably grab it as I love their releases.
By NathanLurker
If I have the money when they offer subs, I would most likely do it. otherwise, I'll still pick up the individual titles.
By reddye6
They just posted on Facebook that the 2019 sub will be coming in February.
By Dollarhyde
I'm having to be very economical with my record buying this year (home improvements etc.. have taken all my money :( ...) But I think I will jump on this sub.

Soundclips In that mysterious video they just tweeted point to a vinyl release of this. Berserk, from 97.
Have to admit I know nothing about this anime ( my knowledge is mainly 70's and 80's).
Most importantly it sounds ffing good!!
Berserk !
https://youtu.be/ZlzQKhvle4w
By inksb
Yeah, the sound clip they looped is definitely Berserk. It's one of my favorite anime's. @Dollarhyde you should check it out (don't bother with the 2016 CG show). Although the anime pales in comparison to the manga. And unfortunately it has one of the most bonkers/batshit crazy cliffhanger endings to a season that never got picked up for another one. Instant buy for me. Also Holy Mountain Printing is partnered with them as well and it seems we will be getting shirts which I'm super excited about. The plus and minus of Holy Mountain doing it is the shirts are dirt cheap compared to other labels but that's because they use the cheapest tshirts, they are rough and stiff (I think the brand shirts are Gildan).

As long as the sub isn't an absurd amount of money I think I can swing it. I have to miss out on the Burning Witch sub due to some finacial stress over the next few weeks.

Hearing that clip inspired me to flip through some of the digital collections I have of it last night. I stopped on vol 22, I need to get back to it. @dollarhyde, I don't have the anime digitally anymore, I used to have it but lost the harddrive it was on. I believe I have a large chunk of the manga if you're interested in it.
By deafmetal
@inks - Great info, thank you. Beserk landed right at the time I was heavily losing interest in anime, which is unfortunate. I have not read the manga or seen any episodes. I am checking out the OST right now though, and it's very eclectic. A new Tiger Lab sub was already a planned expense for me, and will likely be the only one I sign up for this year.
By Dollarhyde
inksb wrote: I believe I have a large chunk of the manga if you're interested in it.
Thanks for the info @inksb
Please, hit me up with that manga! and if have The Battle Angel Alita manga, that would be grand

Going to try and source the Berserk anime too at some point.

I'm also Wondering what the whole sub will consist of, what's been hinted at so far to the best of my knowledge.

Berserk
Something Guyver related
Something FOTNS related
Something Alita related (the ova OST? Not seen any Alita myself)
By inksb
I used to have the DVD's of Berserk but I think my brother took them and they are lost to a storage unit out in Colorado somewhere. I have volumes 1-37 of the manga, I think there are 39 now. I'll upload some shortly, the 37 volumes total 8gb so it may take a little while.
By NathanLurker
Berserk is my favorite Manga. I remember at first thinking it was gonna be just a fantasy manga with a strong dude having a big sword and therefore was going to be a bit lame, a bit centered on young boys fantasies, big on sword and magic, but lame on plot. But it's actually very good ! The detailed artwork, excellent characters, cultural references, well done horror... It's very good.

Regarding the anime, I suggest viewing the original series even though it ends on a cliffhanger, then read the manga. There's a 3 part OVA : ''Berserk, the Golden Age'' that's worth seeing, it covers everything from the first series, and a little bit of what happens after the cliffhanger, but everything happens so fast in it, that it might be better to watch it only if one's already familiar with the material from the 90's serie or the manga, beforehand.

The series that started in 2016 is terrible. It's the direction, they do stuff with the camera that you can't do without loosing your spatial cues. It tries to be stylish in the way they use the camera but it ends up being stuuuupid. The CGI isn't great, so that doesn't help. I watched 3 episodes and that and it was enough for me to disregard the serie completely.