Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Wow, did ou guys see this

https://twitter.com/TigerLabVinyl

This is one area where the reissue game was lacking, gonna get my money for sure!
By colicub
I just found them last night, and frankly that is one thing I cannot wait to get on vinyl. Hopefully they'll move into game OSTs as well, but that might be another thing...
By seb
Tiger Lab is a new label that's gonna focus on releasing anime scores.
It's run by someone on this very own forum (I'll let him reveal his identity himself :-)

They have KILLER stuff coming up!

How do I know this? … OWS is going to stock them here in Europe ;-)

By NathanLurker
Will probably be interested in a few releases for sure. contact email is Jon @ tigerlabvinyl.com . Hi Jon ! Good luck on your label launch !
By Hatter313
well who ever you are, Hell Yes!
By Hatter313
I think i know who it is actually...well i'm super excited
By chuck
I know I know!
By NathanLurker
so the first release is Osamu Shoji's soundtrack to ''Wicked City''

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKbCE2RlyKk[/video]

and the twitter page mentions future releases from Kaoru Wada, and Kenji Kawai. If I have to speculate, I'd say Kaoru Wada's release would have to be Ninja Scroll, and Kenji Kawai could be many things but I sure would release Ghost in the Shell as a first pick.

interesting.
By phantomnoir
so, who is behind this??
By Little Walter
This is what I've been waiting for; they can have all of my money.
By deafmetal
Incredible timing. I was actually going to post Ghost in the Shell in the soundtrack vinyl wish list thread.

Yoshiaki Kawajiri is one of my favorite anime directors: Wicked City, Demon City Shinjuku, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, etc. I am pretty excited to see this label get started!
By tonyandrewgiles
Annnnd Shipping Records will carry a limited amount of stock for the UK too :D
By Whip Wilson
Ghost in the Shell is a near-perfect score. I would spend actual human money to own this. Don't tarry, whoever you are.
By jdubtxn
Blessing and a curse. There goes more of my money! Would love to have some Vampire Hunter D on wax.
By Hatter313
@Monsterworship was able to hook me up with an original pressing of the original VHD score, and i gotta say it is really one hell of a score to have on vinyl. one of my all time grails.
By monsterworship
Jdubtxn send me an email chad @ monsterworship . Com , I have an extra VampireD for sale.
By StrangeVices
Well I guess it is no longer a secret! Thanks everyone for all your kind words. I'm really excited for this new venture and I hope you all are as pumped as I am for our upcoming releases. We have so many cool things planned!

I grew up on anime as a kid, so being able to officially release these handpicked scores is a dream come true.

We'll have a link to sign up for a mailing list shortly!

I should probably now change my username to TigerLab, heh.

Jon
By phantomnoir
Hey StrangeVices/Jon, this is great. Good luck with this new record label!
By Whip Wilson
Cheers, Jon. And congratulations! I'm looking forward to this.
By StrangeVices
Thanks guys!

If anyone is interested, we just created a mailing list on our site. Please feel free to join and help spread the word!

www.tigerlabvinyl.com
By Hatter313
hells yeah, done and done.
By deafmetal
Just signed up.

As a side topic, do we have any experts on the original Japanese LP pressing of the Akira OST? How many copies, why is it so rare, and what's up with the crappy bootlegs? :)