Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:42 pm And I see now that you fine gents have already addressed this release. My apologies.
I'm a little over half way through the series and so far I've enjoyed the music. It may not be an instant buy for some people but if you've liked what they have done so far, I feel like you'd be fine ordering this one. The opening track is really beautiful.

Here's the full soundtrack + bonus tracks. I believe it will be the same track list as this but no bonus tracks.

Also I think you may want to "run" if you are interested as yesterday Jon said it was on it's way to selling out pretty soon. But I would assume they would do a repress if it sold that fast.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:54 pm Demon City Shinjuku!
So fucking excited, especially after the run of modern anime's we just had.
By NathanLurker
So, I'm expecting a package from Tiger lab today, which is going to bring me up to date with their catalog, EXCEPT I'm still missing Berserk. I though stocks on that title would last, and would be available in record stores, but it got sold out while I was waiting for a good price on the title. I saw it for a short while at juno for like, 55$CAD before shipping. I thought it was gonna come down. it just got sold out.

I need a repress.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:38 pm So, I'm expecting a package from Tiger lab today, which is going to bring me up to date with their catalog, EXCEPT I'm still missing Berserk. I though stocks on that title would last, and would be available in record stores, but it got sold out while I was waiting for a good price on the title. I saw it for a short while at juno for like, 55$CAD before shipping. I thought it was gonna come down. it just got sold out.

I need a repress.
I talked to Jon a few weeks ago about a repress and he said he's been getting a lot of requests for it, he didn't originally plan on repressing it but said that he may end up doing another run this year
By NathanLurker
thanks inksb, I'll refrain from doing any extensive search for a 2nd hand copy then. Will wait and see.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:10 pm thanks inksb, I'll refrain from doing any extensive search for a 2nd hand copy then. Will wait and see.
if you use Twitter it may not hurt to post saying youd like a repress and tag tony and tigerlab in that message.
By reddye6
On sale next Thursday (7/23) will be "UROTSUKIDOJI II: Legend of the Demon Womb" 2XLP. This is outside of the subscription; Golgo13 was the last release in the recent sub.
By inksb
reddye6 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:30 pm On sale next Thursday (7/23) will be "UROTSUKIDOJI II: Legend of the Demon Womb" 2XLP. This is outside of the subscription; Golgo13 was the last release in the recent sub.
Really excited about Urotsukidoji II.

I received my sub copy of Golgo 13 today. I really hope I just got a bad copy and every else's sounds fine but since it's a splatter I am not confident about that. It is full of pops and cracks and noise :(
Fun soundtrack though, I haven't seen Golgo 13 in many many years so my memory of the soundtrack was pretty limited.

That's now 4 new records in less than a month with bad pops & cracks through out each side. Shit luck on my part.
By Dollarhyde
That sucks @inksb QC seems to be such a big issue these days. Do you have access to a vacuum cleaner or ultrasonic cleaner? I've noticed often in these cases this is what is really needed, which sucks as this kind of cleaning gear is not so easily available to most. Is it debris on the vinyl that is causing the problem do you think? Either way maybe try calling out to TLV they certainly seem very responsive to their customers. Will let you know how mine is when it arrives.
By Bezulsqy
new releases from Tiger Lab

Tiger Lab:
- 3x3 Eyes: Legend of the Divine Demon
- Death Note (6LP boxset consisting of 3 gatefolds in a box)
- DevilMan: Demon Bird
- Hellsing (4LP boxset) (this is the Original Hellsing and Ultimate Hellsing is coming on a later date)
- Hunter x Hunter
- Tokyo Godfathers (2LP) for Christmas release
- Vampire Hunter D (1985) for Halloween

and Kickboxer (1989)
By inksb
Thats quite the line up. The only thing I'm not really interested in is the Death Note boxset. I wish that was separate from the subscription. It was the only release from the previous sub that didn't do anything for me.
By Hatter313
Original hellsing soundtrack.....chefs kiss
By Dollarhyde
inksb wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:58 pm Thats quite the line up. The only thing I'm not really interested in is the Death Note boxset. I wish that was separate from the subscription. It was the only release from the previous sub that didn't do anything for me.
The death note box set is separate from the sub, subbers will get first Chance to purchase though. Wondering if they will do a version that is missing the first two discs they have already released?

Also vampire hunter D is outside the sub.
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:48 pm
inksb wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:58 pm Thats quite the line up. The only thing I'm not really interested in is the Death Note boxset. I wish that was separate from the subscription. It was the only release from the previous sub that didn't do anything for me.
The death note box set is separate from the sub, subbers will get first Chance to purchase though. Wondering if they will do a version that is missing the first two discs they have already released?

Also vampire hunter D is outside the sub.
That is wonderful to hear. I will definitely be subscribing then. And I'm excited to see what they do for Vampire Hunter D but I can't see them beating the original LPs artwork.
By inksb
TLV Sub 3 goes live today at 12pm est

Sub has been adjusted and now includes the following

3x3 Eyes
Devilman The Demon Bird
Hunter X Hunter 3LP
Tokyo Godfathers
Vampire Hunter D

No price yet but based on last sub and what's included here I would guess $200-$250

They have been so weird about this sub, not sure what the deal is. They originally said August it would go up for sale. Then they went silent until September and said it would bee soon. Then last week they finally announced today as the day, said details and pricing over the weekend and then nothing and still are not answering inquiries about the price on Twitter. Don't understand why you would keep it a secret. In fact it helps to announce it early so people know they have enough money saved up.

They have also announced Berserk "Audiophile" Edition. Coming early next year most likely. Gonna be in the $45-$55 range I bet. Half speed mastering done by Josh Bonati. It will have different artwork as well.

edit: Sub is live, prices are $275 Domestic and $330 for International.
By NathanLurker
I wanted to sub but 65USD per title is too much for me. I'll keep looking for individual releases.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:48 am I wanted to sub but 65USD per title is too much for me. I'll keep looking for individual releases.
Yeah, I'm a little bummed about the price increase, especially since it's only one LP more total than last sub which was $230 shipped. We also got a t-shirt last year and this year we get a face mask which costs nothing to make. I would much prefer another t-shirt.
By Dollarhyde
Subbed again as well, agreed the price hike isnt good news, but, will wait and see what the releases look like.
Definitely would prefer a T shirt over a mask, also a discount code would be a nice subber incentive.

In the details of the sub there is also mention of a "special exclusive gift release" don't know what this is referring to?
By NathanLurker
If the special exclusive gift is a record, that's still about 55 usd per title. 73$CAD. When I bought Golgo and Urotsukidoji, direct from Tigerlab, with combined shipping, it costed me 111$CAD, so approximately 55$CAD/41$USD per title. I think I don't care to pay the extra price for the silk screened covers (they look great though) and a secret gift that might not be a record.

I love Tiger Lab though. but that sub has priced me out. even the previous ones.
By NathanLurker
Yooo on their instagram story, tiger lab showed center labels of test pressings they are listening to. One of them is Susumu Hirasawa's Berserk. It is written ''side C'' on the label, so it's a 2LP, as opposed to a single LP for their first Berserk release. It is catalog # TLV019 though, the original is TLV006. New catalog number for a new expanded version of the Berserk Anime ? or a 45 rpm pressing of the same tracklist ? or Susumu Hirasawa's music for the Berserk Golden Age trilogy ?
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:40 pm Yooo on their instagram story, tiger lab showed center labels of test pressings they are listening to. One of them is Susumu Hirasawa's Berserk. It is written ''side C'' on the label, so it's a 2LP, as opposed to a single LP for their first Berserk release. It is catalog # TLV019 though, the original is TLV006. New catalog number for a new expanded version of the Berserk Anime ? or a 45 rpm pressing of the same tracklist ? or Susumu Hirasawa's music for the Berserk Golden Age trilogy ?
It's their "Audiophile" version of the Berserk ost they already released which will be half speed mastered and pressed at 45rpm I believe. This is why it has it's own catalog number instead of just being a straight up repress.
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:03 pm Sweet ! Although it will bug me to have a missing catalog number on my shelves.
I'll still buy it...

It's going to have all new art.

I was pretty puzzled to see the dates on those test pressings. They've been talking about listening to the Hunter X Hunter test press since October which is what the date is on that LP. Why the hell is that taking so long?
By reddye6
I'll post images later when I play them, but I got my sub versions today of 3x3 Eyes and Devilman: Demon Bird.