Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By antimax
Figured I'd start a thread for Dual Planet, as their releases have recently caught my attention and there's no thread for them here. Although I'm sure many of you are aware, here's three current releases they have which are probably of interest to STBC members… Click the link above the image for the page with audio samples.

http://offwhiterecords.com/store/item.cfm?c=4699260

http://offwhiterecords.com/store/item.cfm?c=4699262

http://offwhiterecords.com/store/item.cfm?c=4699258
(Not a soundtrack, but sounds freakin awesome, and is reminiscent of some 80s soundtrack favorites)
By antimax
Also note: The prices on the label's page are high, they can be found elsewhere (Like LITA) for cheaper, but I was only able to see audio samples on the label's page. I look forward to their future OST releases!
By Whip Wilson
Hell yes, antimax!! Well overdue. I love these guys and their sister labels Votary Disk and The Roundtable. They have a SoundCloud page as Dual-Planet which is well worth checking out. Chain Reaction and Turkey Shoot are on their way to me as I type and Don Harper's Cold Worlds is another favorite release of theirs with all kinds if ccol sounds from Doctor Who and Dawn of the Dead.

SoundCloud

Don Harper - Cold Worlds
By freshoj
Wow good catch. Is there a wah-wah thread yet?
By freshoj
Oh and i am assuming we'll make this thread for Votary Disk and Roundtable too? Sven Libaek!
By Whip Wilson
Hahaha. For some reason, I thought that conversation took place in the "heads up" thread.
By antimax
What?! I looked under the "record labels" category before I created this post. And… that other thread is not there? Hmmm. Maybe someone should move it there, then feel free to delete this thread.

(My 5 minutes of hard work gone to waste!!! D: )
By antimax
Ah yeah, looks like ghostfires's original Dual Planet thread is under "Vinyl Talk"
By ghostfires
Well I'm the dumbass! Sorry for misplacing it, I get how that would have been confusing. Sorry about that!
By deathwaltz
We re getting exclusive colours on the dual planet stuff folks
By Whip Wilson
Wicked. Hopefully, that will further increase their exposure in the UK as LITA has done for them stateside. Maybe more so. Which records, Spencer? I know it's Votary Disk, but I'd be hard pressed to shun some sweet, sweet Libaek variants...
By nrs24985
Pre-ordered both, as an Aussie, it's great to see some often overlooked films from my home country get some attention, plus the soundtracks are fucking killer, I predict both of these will get heavy rotation on the turntable judging from the samples on the label's site!
By freshoj
My sis got me Turkey Shoot and A Quiet Place in the Country for xmas.

So far I have only listened to Turkey Shoot but I really enjoyed it. Granted, I am probably a little colored by my enjoyment of the movie itself, but I feared I was going to be bored like @discosucks was, but the synth farts were varied enough for my tastes.

but, the real reason I am writing is to bitch and moan about the size of the gatefolds because I know how much all of you love posts like this.

12" LPs have come in roughly the same size sleeves for almost 60 years, not sure why Roundtable felt the need in 2014 to create extra wide ones that don't have a prayer of fitting into the sleeves I have been using for a decade. If it ain't broke, why fix it? they are too tall too, but that is something I can live with - but too wide? argh!!

ok, now get off my lawn kids!
By reddye6
Yeah, I ended up putting them in plastic sleeves for box sets. Unfortunately, I currently put my vinyl in LP boxes, and the too-big sleeves with the album don't fit well in the boxes.

When I first got those, I must have spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to make them work, that it must have been me. Nope.
By DISCOSUCKS...
I'm glad to hear Turkey Shoot is hitting your sweet spot, @jmc!

I should probably give it another day in court.....or at the very least watch the damn flick. I'm sure it's part of the Ozploitation documentary that's around, made by the same guy who did the Cannon Films doc that I watched today - which was frickin awesome!

By Whip Wilson
Giving some heavy consideration to springing for The Roundtable Morricone reissue of Il Sorriso Del Grande Tentatore. Any opinions? I've only managed to hear Dies Irae from and I love it. Is the rest of the score similar?
By Dollarhyde
it's all on a twisted evangelical tip. one could say a bit too samey but imo in this case thats a good thing.
If the reissue is sourced from the masters and the sound quality is like the other omni soumd corporation releases I would jump on it.
check youtube for some of the other tracks e.g. veni sancte spiritus.
By Purplemule74
Anyone own or heard anything good/bad about the 'Once' release? Whatever I find on the Web only provides cryptic descriptions.
By NMA
@Purplemule74 I own the "Once" reissue and that is really good!